IR extender for marantz sr7005? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys, not sure if i'm using the right term here, Basically what i am looking to do is figure out a way that i dont have to point the remote directly at the receiver which is now sitting in a rack behind the seating in our new theater room, and maybe run a cable or something to where i can just point it somewhere in the relative vicinity of in front of me and still operate the receiver.

I've found these IR emitter things which look like a headphone jack, but i can't see anywhere in the manual that says anything about if those will work or not. The closest thing i can find is a device on the marantz website which does wi-fi and all manner of other crap i could care less about and costs 100 dollars that says it can be used as a remote ir emitter.

Anyone know much about this that can point me in the right direction?

Klipsch RF-62 L/R, RC-62 C, Energy C-100 SL/SR, HSU VTF-15H, Marantz SR5003.

"All speakers sound good when you're on a coke binge in the middle of an orgy." - Heebdawg16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1965 Post(s)
Liked: 1745
The SR7005 can use IR extenders where the "emitter" can either be placed over the IR sensor on the front panel display or it can be plugged in to the Remote Control IN jack.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_J4

Also note that there is a dedicated thread for SR7005 owners ---> http://www.avsforum.com/t/1270579/the-official-marantz-sr7005-receiver-page/0_100

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page