Yamaha RX-V573 Cinema DSP 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2012, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't seem to be able to get the 3D part of Cinema DSP to work. I have 3D turned on in the settings. However, while Cinema DSP is shown on the front panel, the 3D piece is not. This is is true for all the inputs I tried (HDMI1, AV1, AV4, Net Radio). The Cinema DSP setting is Music, Concert Hall in Munich. The surround decoder is Dolby PLII Music.

I recall seeing it when I was setting up the receiver, but no longer.

Any ideas as to what the issue (or issues) could be?

Thank you for any advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
cvh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan2b View Post

I don't seem to be able to get the 3D part of Cinema DSP to work. I have 3D turned on in the settings. However, while Cinema DSP is shown on the front panel, the 3D piece is not. This is is true for all the inputs I tried (HDMI1, AV1, AV4, Net Radio). The Cinema DSP setting is Music, Concert Hall in Munich. The surround decoder is Dolby PLII Music.
I recall seeing it when I was setting up the receiver, but no longer.
Any ideas as to what the issue (or issues) could be?
Thank you for any advise.

You need to disable the cinema DSP mode. Press input on remote and set DSP / EX to off. This simulates surround sound and not original Decode settings on Bluray Audio. Now when you insert a bluray or 3D movie, it will automatically default to the correct decode. If it does not at first, on remote press the straight button to force proper decode. Dolby PLII Music is not the right format. The correct decode will say either DTS master audio or Dolby Digital Master audio. If in doubt what it is press input on remote and then press input info and it will tell you the decode, speaker use for 5.1 (3.2.01 ) or 7.1 if you have 2 extra surround speaker setup for 7.1 . On size in speaker config. Set each speaker size to either small or large. If the speaker is capable to produce low frequency bass, set to large, if only treble tweeter with little bass like most small speakers, set it to small. This will really impact your sound quality.I have two large fronts, center set to large because it produces a little bit more bass, I have surround speaker set to large and Surround Backs set to small as I have 2 satellites for rear.

I wish they would have made it easier. I struggled through manual and remote settings to get is just right.
Don't use auto calibration for speaker level and distance. It does not work. Measure speaker distance yourself and set levels while watching a movie until you are satisfied with the sound. Also I found that in input button on the remote go to Subwoofer trim and increase speaker Trim to 4.o. it gives the fronts and nice clean sound. In speaker configuration, set levels for subwoofer to a high number like 6. This really rocks the sound. Set subwoofer level on the actually subwoofer to middle and Frequency all the way to the right.

I hope this helps or just reply and I will try to help you.

He Came to Give You Life and Life More Abundantly.

Tags
Yamaha Rx V573 Receiver