Denon AVR-4311CI ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-07-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After just making a purchase of two SVS PB12-NSD's, I am going to pick up a new AV receiver. The Denon AVR-4311CI seems to be a highly respected receiver @ AVS and other forums. I currently own a older Yamaha, that for the most part I have been happy with and at first was just going to replace it with another newer Yamaha, but do not know for sure.

My question is this. The Denon model is several years old now and many of the manufactures are currently introducing newer models. What am I giving up, if anything, by going with a slightly older model vs the newest equipment? Why would I choose the Denon?

At around $1500 it is a lot closer to my budget than where it was originally priced. I need to try and stay around $1500 - $1600.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Lon Trees
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
The 4311CI is an excellent choice - I recently purchased the same receiver and am quite pleased. You will have access to Audyssey XT32, and it's subEQ feature that will allow you to optimize sub placement, ping each sub separately, and equalize as 1. There is much more info & commentary on the 4311 here:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1274153/the-official-denon-avr-4311ci-avr-a100-thread-no-price-talk
Additionally the 4311 has a network feature that allows you to access firmware upgrades via an ethernet connection, Internet Radio, 3D, zone 2 & 3. Incidentally - you can probably save a couple of hundred $$ by calling Electronics Expo or the AVS store and asking them for their best price - 3 year warranty is another nice feature. Happy hunting.

post #3 of 7 Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The 4311 is several years old but i think still smashes the competiton with the feature set it has. I don't have the 4311, yet.... but plan on picking one up as I get closer to getting my room designed/built. Here is a thread that talks about the deals you can find on the 4311:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1388717/denon-4311ci-ee-for-1329-99

As ggsantafe mentions, good (actually great) deals have been offered via EE where you could pick on up way under your $1500 budget. Sure you could wait for the next years models to come out but I would expect them hard to pick up with that budget. Lots of speculation on the 4311 replacement and Onkyo recently announced it's competitor w/ the TX-NR5010 & TX-NR3010 but IMO think you will get the best bang for your buck with the proven 4311

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 PM

Liked: 10
The 4311 is less than 2 years old, guess that means several to some... Sep-10 release date
post #5 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
The Denon AVR-4311CI paired with large SVS subwoofers is an excellent combinatiron. I say this in part because I have a pair of SVS water heater subwoofers, a ridiculously overpowered subwoofer amplifier, and a Denon 4311 as the brains in my overgrown home AV system.

Really, you should be quite happy with a pair of SVS subs mated to a Denon 4311 receiver. If it makes you feel better, think of the 4311 as a pre-pro with freebie amplifiiers that you needn't use unless you want to.

Cheers!

Jim

Free over the air HDTV + Tivo HD + Netflix for Blu-ray and streaming = Bliss
post #6 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 03:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Yes the 4311 is terrific with sound. It's only weaker area is its video processing. The last gen and the new gen of Onkyo have it beat. But if video processing is not a priority then he 4311 is a good choice.

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

post #7 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Yes the 4311 is terrific with sound. It's only weaker area is its video processing. The last gen and the new gen of Onkyo have it beat. But if video processing is not a priority then he 4311 is a good choice.

How much weaker though? I don't watch much TV and when I do it is always in HD (TWC Cable). Is the improvement in video processing mainly for those watching cable and sat TV? I wouldn't imagine the video processing of the 5009/5010 would offer much if any improvement when viewing 1080p Blurays. But then again maybe it does as I have a very limited knowledge of video processing. So I'm just curious where the benefits are PQ wise between the current Onkyo AVRs (higher end) and the 4311.

Bill

, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page