Receiver with Audyssey MultEQ technology, 6ohm, 88dB - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for a new receiver, so I was interested in the Onkyo TX-NR609 (it's going to be my first receiver and my budget is tight). But I found out it only has the 2EQ technology from Audyssey. This is the least powerful of all the standard Audyssey versions and does not correct a subwoofer. For now I'm just buying a 2.0 speaker set, so at first it doesn't matter but eventually I want to expand the speaker set. So after a while I want to be able to correct the subwoofer. Thus, I will at least need a receiver with the MultEQ technology from Audyssey.
This Onkyo receiver does have Audyssey DSX, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume, but the MultEQ is missing.

Do you have recommendations for a receiver with the Onkyo's price point but does have the MultEQ technology? I also want to be able to control speakers with an impedance of at least 6 ohm and a speaker sensitivity of at least 88dB.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 05:04 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
All Denon AVRs (except the very lowest model 1312 and 1513) use at least Audyssey MultEQ. You can likely find the Denon 2112CI (MultEQ XT) in that same price range on clearance by "calling" Electronics Expo or one of the other authorized Denon resellers to include AV Science, J&R and ABT as they will generally list MSRP on their websites. Review a comparison of the various Denon models from last year (XX12) and this year (XX13) by clicking on the links in my sig and reviewing the first few posts in each thread.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 AM

Here are the onkyo receivers with MultiEQ
http://audyssey.com/products?field_multeq_flavor_value%5B%5D=MultEQ&pid=56&ptype=All

Here are the denon receivers with MultiEQ
http://audyssey.com/products?field_multeq_flavor_value%5B%5D=MultEQ&pid=44&ptype=All

Onkyo tends to have more 2EQ in their receivers and then jump up to MultiEQ XT and XT32 in lesser lines. Denon tends to have a lot of receivers at the MultiEQ level and you have to get the very high end to get the MultiEQ XT and XT32.

I'd check accessories4less and pick up a refurbished unit either denon or onkyo. It should let you move up to a unit you might not be able to afford new. (just over $400 for a 709 with MultiEQ XT)
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXNR709/Onkyo-TX-NR709-7.2-Channel-3-D-Ready-Network-A/V-Receiver/1.html
post #4 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not in the USA, so checking those websites and stores are hard for me. I also do not want to buy a refurbished model, I just want to buy a new one. Do you guys prefer one brand over the other or are there not many differences between Onkyo and Denon? I think those XX13 product line from Denon is already to expensive. Maybe the Denon AVR-2312, but this one is actually also too expensive. Do you maybe have some other suggestions or do I still have to get the Onkyo TX-NR609 and just deal with the fact that it doesn't have MultiEQ?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 06:20 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
If you don't need networking then the Denon 1612 would be a good unit, otherwise, look for the 1912 if you want networking.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #6 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

The 1612 unit doesn't have upscaling, I also don't know if the 1912 unit has upscaling. And the 1912 unit only has HDMI video out. Other recommendations? Or is there another solution for missing the MultiEQ in the Onkyo receiver?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page