"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 807 Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Im interested. You connect via telnet; right? I want something I really need and would like to know if its possible. . I want some app so you can select any on the 6 memory banks from mcacc instead of using the remote and swap between them. For example if i have to compare EQ from bank 1 and EQ from bank4; I have to jump between the others and we lost the audio comparsion from the other. Would be nice if we can select one then another without jumping between them!....

UPDATE:.
I own the 1222k; and found couple of commands; that may help

MCACC Command
*MC

Parameters:
0:MCACC MEMORY (cyclic)
1: MEMORY 1
2: MEMORY 2
3: MEMORY 3
4: MEMORY 4
5: MEMORY 5
6: MEMORY 6
9: MCACC MEMORY (cyclic reverse)"

SOUND RETRIEVER
*ATA
Paramenters:
0: Sound Retriever Off
1: Sound retriever ON

STANDING WAVE
*ATD
Parameter
0: OFF
1: ON

There is a loudness management in which I never saw it on the receiver display; but here it is on commands.
*ATW
Parameters
0: Off
1: On
9: Cyclic

Listening Mode. There are a lot; but I put the most I like:
****SR
Parameter
0009: Stereo (direct set)
0010: Standard
0011: 2ch source
010c: 2ch Straight Decode
0110: Stereo
020d: Extended Stereo
0021: Mutli Channel Source
1108: Multi Channel Straight Decode
0006: Auto Surround
0008: Pure Direct
0152: Optimum Surround

what about the iphone app to change MCACC banks by clicking the one you want!? biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 807 Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post

Im interested. You connect via telnet; right? I want something I really need and would like to know if its possible. . I want some app so you can select any on the 6 memory banks from mcacc instead of using the remote and swap between them. For example if i have to compare EQ from bank 1 and EQ from bank4; I have to jump between the others and we lost the audio comparsion from the other. Would be nice if we can select one then another without jumping between them!....

Woukld be better if Paioneer release any firmware so if you want to EQ while keeping the audio but it not; as soon as yo enter in GUI all audio and video is lost! frown.gif

Yes, it's a telnet connection...I'll look into the mcacc memory banks when I have a chance. I don't currently use more than one, but I would imagine there's a way to do what you're saying.
post #273 of 807 Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

I love tweaks. In every memory bank i have different settings. I have one specific for 2ch stereo when playing cds and the audio is outstanding. Way way better than my 3311. Other 4 ch are for movies. Im still tweaking until I get tne audio quality I want. Quite difficult on that. When finished I will have one bank for blackops2 on ps3, another bank for halo4, 2 banks for movies, 1 for music and one more spare for testing. Interesthing this mcacc. Love it.
post #274 of 807 Old 01-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

I love tweaks. In every memory bank i have different settings. I have one specific for 2ch stereo when playing cds and the audio is outstanding. Way way better than my 3311. Other 4 ch are for movies. Im still tweaking until I get tne audio quality I want. Quite difficult on that. When finished I will have one bank for blackops2 on ps3, another bank for halo4, 2 banks for movies, 1 for music and one more spare for testing. Interesthing this mcacc. Love it.

I now have 6 mcacc buttons working in the app...it was easy =)
arabprince likes this.
post #275 of 807 Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member

Great. Thank you. I PM you with the static ip.
post #276 of 807 Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,

Just set up my new VSX-1122-K.....awesome unit!

The only issue I am having is that I can't figure out how to set it up to have both the TV sound and the Receiver sound broadcast at the same time. My old receiver was able to do this but I can't figure it out on the VSX-1122-K.

I have doen the following:

Steps:
1. System Setup Menu, enter
2. HDMI Setup, enter
3. Select "Control Mode" and switch to on, press enter.
4. Select Standby Through and select the HDMI port that you want to pass through.

But that only makes it one or the other.....I want to be able to hear sound from both the TV and Receiver at the same time and adjust both individually from each other.

Any way to do this?

Thanks!
post #277 of 807 Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klips View Post

Can anyone give me any idea if my new 1122 is broken or is it bad design? If I can't figure it out, I'm going to have to send it back and not replace it.

Problem has seemed to stopped. All that I did was swap the the cable going to the Pioneer PDP-5070HD Plasma TV and at the same time went from it's input 5 to input 6.

I don't know how solid of a fix this is. For the moment, I have been able to at least watch TV.

is HDMI 1.4a the latest standard for the cable? i thought about buying a cable that I knew what standard it actually was.
post #278 of 807 Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM

I m interested about your application for windows. i own VSX-1127K from futureshop connect to BenQ 1070 3D 106" and panasonic 50"
post #279 of 807 Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 AM

Hello there.

I'm looking for a receiver to replace my partly faulty Denon 1610 (HDMI is not working anymore). I was pleased with it's sound quality, so I'm not looking for anything much better than it.

What I really want is sound quality. I don't care about video upconverting or internet features, since I'll have devices responsible for those. I just want good 5.1 sound (at least on par with the Denon 1610), at least 4 HDMI ports, and "auto configuration" (MCACC, Audyssey, etc.) is appreciated. I also need a realiable hardware (not thinking about getting a Onkyo because I read about it's build quality issues), because I live in Brazil and warranty for receivers here do not exist.

I was thinking about the Pioneer VSX-1022-K, but I have read that it's sound quality is not good, so I'm considering the 1122-K. But I don't want to spend the extra $$$ if it is not to get better sound quality. I guess I could use the Zone 2 feature, but that's not required. So, should I go with the 1022-K, or it is better to go with the 1122-K?

I chose Pioneer because I always had the feeling they make great hardware. But what do you people have to say about it?

I posted this on the 1022-K thread too.
post #280 of 807 Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM

Has anyone got the arc function working on this receiver? I am looking to get sound from a smart tv app put throu my receiver. I understand that I need to connect the arc tv out hdmi connection to my tv input on the receiver?
Any experiences appreciated.
post #281 of 807 Old 01-20-2013, 02:51 PM

Liked: 12
I have an interesting problem. I have a DVD player (Denon 1910) with my VSX-1122-K. After I set up the amp I quickly played a DVD to confirm I got an image on the TV but did not do extensive testing. I usually use the player for playing music CDs and had no issues with this - I use the optical out on the DVD player and I set the CD input for OPT1 only.
The DVD player has a DVI output (no HDMI ) for image, so I use a DVI to HDMI converter with an HDMI cable and the optical cable for sound (DVI does not output sound, only image). With my previous Yamaha amp this allowed me to use the sound bitstream from the optical input with the HDMI input, allowing me to get vision and sound. However, it appears that the Pioneer does not do this; when I select the CD input I get the sound from the DVD through the OPT1 input as expected. The DVD input on the amp is set to use HDMI1 and OPT1, however, when I select DVD, I only get the image from the HDMI1 input, but no sound from the OPT1 input. For some reason, the amp is trying to use sound from the HDMI (which is not there). Anyone have any idea how I can convince the amp to use the sound from the OPT1 input with the HDMI input?

Thanks!
post #282 of 807 Old 01-20-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Legend View Post

Hello there.

I'm looking for a receiver to replace my partly faulty Denon 1610 (HDMI is not working anymore). I was pleased with it's sound quality, so I'm not looking for anything much better than it.

What I really want is sound quality. I don't care about video upconverting or internet features, since I'll have devices responsible for those. I just want good 5.1 sound (at least on par with the Denon 1610), at least 4 HDMI ports, and "auto configuration" (MCACC, Audyssey, etc.) is appreciated. I also need a realiable hardware (not thinking about getting a Onkyo because I read about it's build quality issues), because I live in Brazil and warranty for receivers here do not exist.

I was thinking about the Pioneer VSX-1022-K, but I have read that it's sound quality is not good, so I'm considering the 1122-K. But I don't want to spend the extra $$$ if it is not to get better sound quality. I guess I could use the Zone 2 feature, but that's not required. So, should I go with the 1022-K, or it is better to go with the 1122-K?

I chose Pioneer because I always had the feeling they make great hardware. But what do you people have to say about it?

I posted this on the 1022-K thread too.
I replaced my Yamaha RX-V750 with the VSX-1122-k and feel that there is no comparison in 5.1. The Yamaha always sounded muddled, it was hard to hear and understand the dialogue, and I could always pinpoint the location of the sub. With the Pioneer, the surround sound is far better, there seems to be better separation between the speakers, the sound is more 'airy' and fills the room, the dialogue is always clearly understandable, and the bass seems to blend far better with the other speakers. Just my personal observation. I don't have good speakers set up for stereo, so can't really comment on that.
post #283 of 807 Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Legend, get te 1122. I agreed with Frank. I own yamaha and denon. You wont be dissapointed with this great receiver. 1022 has simple mcacc while 1122 has advanced mcac. I sugggest to pick 1122. Also 1122 has the app for ipbone/android called iContrlolAV2012. I own a 1222 and is awesome. Audio quality is top notch.
post #284 of 807 Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNL View Post

I replaced my Yamaha RX-V750 with the VSX-1122-k and feel that there is no comparison in 5.1. The Yamaha always sounded muddled, it was hard to hear and understand the dialogue, and I could always pinpoint the location of the sub. With the Pioneer, the surround sound is far better, there seems to be better separation between the speakers, the sound is more 'airy' and fills the room, the dialogue is always clearly understandable, and the bass seems to blend far better with the other speakers. Just my personal observation. I don't have good speakers set up for stereo, so can' really comment on that.

Quote:

Legend, get te 1122. I agreed with Frank. I own yamaha and denon. You wont be dissapointed with this great receiver. 1022 has simple mcacc while 1122 has advanced mcac. I sugggest to pick 1122. Also 1122 has the app for ipbone/android called iContrlolAV2012. I own a 1222 and is awesome. Audio quality is top notch.

Thanks! I think I'm gonna go with the 1122 then!
post #285 of 807 Old 01-21-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsonrl View Post

Has anyone got the arc function working on this receiver? I am looking to get sound from a smart tv app put throu my receiver. I understand that I need to connect the arc tv out hdmi connection to my tv input on the receiver?
Any experiences appreciated.

Took me some time to figure this out but yes. I was able to get this working with my Samsung Smart TV. You have to enable all ARC features on both the receiver and the TV. I'm not home to say what those are exactly but I do believe it's both ARC and CEC settings muddled together called Anynet+ for Samsung. Sometimes when I turn on my TV and receiver I see that I have to manually go back into the ARC settings on the TV, select the receiver and turn it on to get the sound. For some reason the TV doesn't detect it on power-up and even though ARC is enabled the receiver is listed as off till I manually adjust the settings. Not a big deal for me.

*EDIT*
You need to connect the cable from your HDMI-ARC input on the TV to the one and only HDMI-OUT on the receiver.
post #286 of 807 Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the response. Sounds like we have a similar setup. I currently have my receiver out connected to my DVI1 input on my smart tv so I will switch it up and see what happens.
Thanks,
Roy
post #287 of 807 Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 AM

Morning all.

Upgrading my tv to 3d, which unfortunately means my relatively new (2yr old), relatively expensive receiver has to go. Have a few questions - I've read through the thread already & had most of them answered, so thanks!

Here's my "must have's / setup style":
* think I"ve settled on the 60LM7200 LG TV
* Receiver is video switcher (except for xbox, because freaking Kinect cable wouldn't support the run length back to closet)
* PS3, Uverse, AppleTV plugged in to receiver. (currently airport express - analog as well to get that function)
* Harmony one remote.
* Room is terrible - peaked celing, 15ft wide windows on back wall, open to kitchen, 3 doorways, etc. Audio "quality" is not the primary driving factor. When watching movies, I'll want: "gets loud, sub makes noise, stuff comes out of left, right back, I can hear people talking in center clearly " - pretty low expectations actually.
* mirage omnisats for surround speakers, to help balance the bad room
* Zone 2 for patio speakers
* Want Airplay, so I can get my airport express out of the mix
* Return audio from tv to receiver (because of stupid xbox)

Looking at the 1122 (or any receiver in the sub 500 range really) & have a couple of quick questions. I'm coming from an Elite VSX-21, so I'm quasi-familiar with Pio's "style" of setup.

1) Will airplay pass through to zone 2?
I know most zone 2 setups only pass analog. But I have seen on the higher end elites where it looks like they would pass airplay / internet connected to zone 2.

2) How hot does this thing run? My elite runs kinda hot & its all in a not so greatly vented closet (planning on fixing this as well)

3) Video stuff has changed a bit - my understanding is that they'll now pass the hdmi through without actually having to be on. Never been able to get the elite to do that. Does that mean that in standby, its still able to switch inputs as well? IE: if I want to change to PS3 from Uverse, but play sound through TV, do I have to power it on, then have it go back into standby?

4) Related to 3 above, how does it handle audio pass through / switching from TV to Receiver handling the output of the hdmi audio? Current receiver has the HDMI audio set in a submenu to go to TV or Receiver - its a big P.I.A. in my opinion, because it affects all kinds of crap & I can't get a discrete code for it in my harmony setup. That was probably my single biggest shock when setting up the last receiver - "What the hell do you MEAN it can't play audio on the receiver and the TV at the same time?" was kind of the theme.

5) Will ARC let my xbox feed the tv on a second HDMI input & then pass that audio back to receiver for playback? This is what I THINK its for, but I'm not familiar with ARC at all. Currently, my old sharp panel actually has RCA audio out, so I ran a 30 foot line back into one of the analog inputs to get people able to hear xbox on speakers & it works well enough. I don't think newer tv's have RCA outs anymore & I don't know that optical can run that far. (not concerned with Call of duty in 5.1, just getting it back to the thing period so my silly kids can play dance central with it thumpin)

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice here.

Also, feel free to suggest other receivers, I'm not a diehard pioneer guy, (HK/Dennon in past) but I went that way because of all the HK / Onkyo problems I heard about, and the Denon stuff wasn't as inexpensive for my budget at the time to get the features I wanted.
post #288 of 807 Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Hi everyone,
Can having the wrong version of HDMI cables cause random audio glitches? I've no idea what types I have and its the only thing left for me to try.
The issue is with playing music or videos on my pc (flac/mkv) with either xbmc or winamp. Some days I can leave it playing for hours with no problems at all, then other days there will be the occasional split second skip in the audio. The "Stereo" or "Digital" text on the receiver display cycles very quickly as it does it. I've also seen this happen when watching TV from my Sky sat box (optical out), but that seems to be limited to two specific TV channels, so I assume thats just a crappy signal from their end.
I've reinstalled my pc to rule out driver problems, tested my HDD and tried the HDMI cable from my PS3, made no difference. I never had any issues with my old avr, but then I was using coax spdif and a dvi>hdmi cable.
So I'm guessing either I need better cables or theres an intermittent fault with the 1122 or my gfx card. Any other suggestions would be great..
post #289 of 807 Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM

I hooked up my Samsung blu ray player to the bd input on the reciever and cannot get any audio or video output through the reciever. I have the control app so I can see that a signal is being input but that's it. Kinda seems like the player may not play as well. Loads but sits at 00:00.

The reciever is hooked up to a 4x4 hdbaset matrix. But I don't think that is the issue yet as I have looked at the OSD of the reciever. But only some of the time. Other times it won't come up.
post #290 of 807 Old 01-24-2013, 03:49 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiez View Post

Hi everyone,
Can having the wrong version of HDMI cables cause random audio glitches? I've no idea what types I have and its the only thing left for me to try.
So I'm guessing either I need better cables or theres an intermittent fault with the 1122 or my gfx card. Any other suggestions would be great..

I find my similar audio and video issues usually relate to poor streaming from PC (Mac) to receiver. A reboot of the router and Mac (for good measure) usually fixes it.

Samsung 7 Series Tv (2012)
Pioneer VSX-1122-K (2012)
Bose Accoustimass 10
Harmony 900 Remote
post #291 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1968 View Post

I find my similar audio and video issues usually relate to poor streaming from PC (Mac) to receiver. A reboot of the router and Mac (for good measure) usually fixes it.

There's no router involved here, just hdmi cable from pc (5870 gfx) to hdmi 4 on the receiver. I've also tried other inputs on the receiver.
I've got another pc from work I'll try later..
post #292 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 05:06 AM

Hi! I'm sorry if this is a newb question, but I've read through all the pages and haven't found anyone with the same issue.

I recently bought this receiver and hooked up my Take 5 Energy's and my Polk Psw-10 sub. I ran the initial setup and I hear the subwoofer when doing the initial setup test (the beeps and noises). Yet, when I put it on any of the inputs, I get no bass from it, only the speakers work. Is there an easy fix to get my subwoofer thumping?!

Any help would be appreciated. This is the first home theater I've built and I'm excited to get this thing running!

Thanks!
post #293 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnyde4 View Post

Hi! I'm sorry if this is a newb question, but I've read through all the pages and haven't found anyone with the same issue.

I recently bought this receiver and hooked up my Take 5 Energy's and my Polk Psw-10 sub. I ran the initial setup and I hear the subwoofer when doing the initial setup test (the beeps and noises). Yet, when I put it on any of the inputs, I get no bass from it, only the speakers work. Is there an easy fix to get my subwoofer thumping?!

Any help would be appreciated. This is the first home theater I've built and I'm excited to get this thing running!

Thanks!

Make sure the sub is connected on the Sub-PreOut back on the receiver and on the "white" RCA IN on your sub. Set on your sub the crossover all way clockwise; set volume about 25% or 9' o clock on the sub. Run Full Auto Calibration" again. When finished; go back to your sub and set volume knob at 12 o clock; may be 1 o clock; no more than that. Set your Speaker Settings all to "Small" and SW to "YES" or "PLUS", Set your X. Over to "80Hz". If you have tiny speakers then probably your need to set a higher X. Over setting on the receiver.. IF that still fails then go to the Standing Wave on Manual MCACC Settings and increase +3dbs on SW TRIM. So; if it is already set to 1db; then set it to 4db. IF that still fails; change your sub! biggrin.gif .... Try the other PreOut Sub back on your receiver. Here are the pics.
cubaniche1 likes this.
post #294 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnyde4 View Post

Thanks!

I believe you need to check the MCAAC settings/speaker settings and make sure that you set them to SMALL. Leaving it on the other setting assumes the larger speakers will take care of the BASS and not engage the sub as much.

I myself just set up my 1122-K last night. First thing I did was upgrade the firmware to the newest from a USB thumb drive. I was excited to setup MCAAC on my Infinity TSS800 speaker system but was a little underwhelmed with the results. I like the sound quality itself and the auto-surround function and the way it distributes the audio to each speaker. Better then my Onkyo 508 it replaced. BUT the big difference I see is the volume. i find myself having to se it ti -30.00-20.00 to be able to enjoy the audio.

Now that I found the suggestions in this thread I will go home and make sure that MCAAC has set all my speakers to SMALL and up my sub crossover to its max of 180 and redo the MCACC. This unit requires more tweaking than theOnkyo but I really love it and all its features. It also does not have nearly as much trouble with HDMI handshake as my 508 did. The blips in video going out over HDMI for a second or two is tolerable for now. Hopefully Pioneer will address this with firmware updates in the future. Although, the blips are only happening on my Xfinity HD DVR outputting at 1080i. If I set the HD DVR to 720p, 720i or evn 480 this issue goes away. Ill have to keep tweaking to find the best settings.
post #295 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 AM

I have purchased two Polk New Monitor 65T floorstanding speakers and am planning on purchasing a receiver today.

Will the VSX-1122-K be able to adequately power those speakers?
post #296 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK423 View Post

I have purchased two Polk New Monitor 65T floorstanding speakers and am planning on purchasing a receiver today.

Will the VSX-1122-K be able to adequately power those speakers?

Yes it does. I own RtiA7 in which are power hungry and my Onkyo 515 moves them very good and that Onkyo is just 80W per ch.. Anyway' you can still setup your speakers "Bi-Amp"; will lose 7.1 but get better performance on 5.1; specially on Fronts Speakers.
post #297 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNL View Post

I have an interesting problem. I have a DVD player (Denon 1910) with my VSX-1122-K. After I set up the amp I quickly played a DVD to confirm I got an image on the TV but did not do extensive testing. I usually use the player for playing music CDs and had no issues with this - I use the optical out on the DVD player and I set the CD input for OPT1 only.
The DVD player has a DVI output (no HDMI ) for image, so I use a DVI to HDMI converter with an HDMI cable and the optical cable for sound (DVI does not output sound, only image). With my previous Yamaha amp this allowed me to use the sound bitstream from the optical input with the HDMI input, allowing me to get vision and sound. However, it appears that the Pioneer does not do this; when I select the CD input I get the sound from the DVD through the OPT1 input as expected. The DVD input on the amp is set to use HDMI1 and OPT1, however, when I select DVD, I only get the image from the HDMI1 input, but no sound from the OPT1 input. For some reason, the amp is trying to use sound from the HDMI (which is not there). Anyone have any idea how I can convince the amp to use the sound from the OPT1 input with the HDMI input?
Thanks!

Anyone? biggrin.gif
post #298 of 807 Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 AM

Double check to see that the audio return channel (ARC) is turned off in the setup menus. I was troubleshooting one day and changed that setting to on and lost the optical sound ( which was working before).
post #299 of 807 Old 01-26-2013, 07:17 AM

Is anyone having audio drop out issues with this receiver and the HR24 DirecTV STB? I seem to have an issue where my audio will intermittently cut out for 1-2 seconds either with LIVE or recorded tv but when i rewind to the part where the audio dropped out the audio wont dropout. It seems to be a communication issue between the DirecTV STB and Pioneer receiver. I have tried different hdmi cables, exchanging the pioneer receiver, and even tried 2 DirecTV STB (same model). Please let me know if you have had this problem or know of a fix.
post #300 of 807 Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 AM

Liked: 36
Quote:
1) Will airplay pass through to zone 2?
I know most zone 2 setups only pass analog. But I have seen on the higher end elites where it looks like they would pass airplay / internet connected to zone 2.

All network functions (Airplay, DLNA, Internet Radio, Pandora and SiriusXM) pass-thru to zone 2 - I use this all the time.

For ARC and HDMI pass-thru questions, I don't use either - I don't have a cable TV connection and my AVR is always on when I am doing anything with the stack.

Get one, you will like it - especially for the price.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just like I like them"
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page