AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyghwayman View Post

Amen to that, check out my home made Antenna smile.gif

I'd like to see your antenna. I cut the cable a couple of years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 804 Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 PM

Liked: 10
VSX-1122-K owner and love it so far, except can't turn off DEMO mode (text rolling across display).

I have been using the AVR for 2 months now and all is well. Suddenly, yesterday my wife turns it on, or one of the kids, and the display is in DEMO mode and keeps rolling text across display. I can't seem to turn off the DEMO mode with Remote or buttons on AVR.

In my iControlAV2012 on both my Android and iPad, the DEMO mode setting says it is OFF. If I turn it ON, then OFF, still stuck in DEMO mode.

Looked in Owners Manual, can't find anything about it.

I must be missing something here. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Brent
post #363 of 804 Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
A google of the issue comes up with the following post for the 1021 although same solution should apply to the 1122 ...

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/5mj5e-recently-purchased-vsx-1021-k-find-scrolling.html

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #364 of 804 Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:

Amen to that, check out my home made Antenna smile.gif

Please share... I would love to see it.

BTW, the Comcast guy was out fixing an Internet issue and noticed that I had a cable splitter and had plugged a cable into the back of my TV. He told me that as of December 10th, the cable companies are no longer required to supply unscrambled basic channels (i.e. ClearQAM). So, I will need an OTA antenna soon for local weather and football (next season) smile.gif

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just like I like them"
post #365 of 804 Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

A google of the issue comes up with the following post for the 1021 although same solution should apply to the 1122 ...

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/5mj5e-recently-purchased-vsx-1021-k-find-scrolling.html

JDS, thanks much! I couldn't find the same keys on the Remote for the VXS-1122-K as in that link, but did re-do the Auto MCACC, and that solved it. Thanks.
post #366 of 804 Old 02-11-2013, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutsch View Post

Please share... I would love to see it.

BTW, the Comcast guy was out fixing an Internet issue and noticed that I had a cable splitter and had plugged a cable into the back of my TV. He told me that as of December 10th, the cable companies are no longer required to supply unscrambled basic channels (i.e. ClearQAM). So, I will need an OTA antenna soon for local weather and football (next season) smile.gif

Below are two antennas I built back in 2007 and still using today.
My homemade HD antenna
I made this after buying my 1st HDTV. The indoor antenna I was using couldn't hold a signal. So after doing some research on the internet I found a forum with a DIY tutorial....

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT - hyghwayman
post #367 of 804 Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Liked: 12
Can u guys let me know if I am correct on something? I want to use all the bells and whistles on this receiver of course. My question Is with the adapters. The AS-BT200 is the bluetooth connector for using the iphone/android app. that allows you to control the receiver with your phone (certain things) and use airplay. The AS-WL300 is the network connector that allows your receiver to talk to your computer to use the Navi setup process, and other things that i dont use yet but would like to figure out.

As far as I know, there is no substitute for the AS-BT200.

But, for the network connection, I can substitute something like the IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter GWU627.

And, to hook up the ethernet to wifi adapter, all I will need as an ethernet cable.

Thanks for the assistance.
post #368 of 804 Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh1010 View Post

Can u guys let me know if I am correct on something? I want to use all the bells and whistles on this receiver of course. My question is with the adapters. The AS-BT200 is the bluetooth connector for using the iphone/android app. that allows you to control the receiver with your phone (certain things) and use airplay. The AS-WL300 is the network connector that allows your receiver to talk to your computer to use the Navi setup process, and other things that i dont use yet but would like to figure out.
As far as I know, there is no substitute for the AS-BT200.
But, for the network connection, I can substitute something like the IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter GWU627.
And, to hook up the ethernet to wifi adapter, all I will need as an ethernet cable.
Thanks for the assistance.

I am not sure about all of the adapters, but if you can get an Ethernet cable from your receiver to your wifi router, (that is connect your receiver to your wifi network) you can use your phone to connect and use the awesome icontrolAV2012 app. I don't know about the Navi set up process as (despite it being 2013) the software does NOT support Macs, which of course I have.

Samsung 7 Series Tv (2012)
Pioneer VSX-1122-K (2012)
Bose Accoustimass 10
Harmony 900 Remote
post #369 of 804 Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM

Can you control pandora from the AC2102 app? I'm thinking I won't need the Bluetooth adapter. If I can control pandora through the app, my music library will be on a dedicated iPod plugged into the iPod/USB port. Therefore, when I am on my porch, I will be able to either turn on pandora with the app and pick my station (???????) and put it on zone 2, or I will be able to access the IPOD/USB port, which when I look at the app,I can see where you can choose music, then USB, then folder, then what appears to be songs?????? I'm hoping those would be replaced with actual songs, artist, and such. If this is correct, I am ready to order : )
post #370 of 804 Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Can you control pandora from the AC2102 app? I'm thinking I won't need the Bluetooth adapter. If I can control pandora through the app, my music library will be on a dedicated iPod plugged into the iPod/USB port. Therefore, when I am on my porch, I will be able to either turn on pandora with the app and pick my station (???????) and put it on zone 2, or I will be able to access the IPOD/USB port, which when I look at the app,I can see where you can choose music, then USB, then folder, then what appears to be songs?????? I'm hoping those would be replaced with actual songs, artist, and such. If this is correct, I am ready to order : )
I don't know if you can control Pandora from the AC2012 app, but it doesn't look like it. Being in Australia, I can't access Pandora natively on the amp as Pioneer (for reasons unknown to me) have purposely broken this function.
So I use the iPhone and then either
A) Play it via Apple Tv (preferred).
B) Play it via the amp using Airplay.

If your iPod is wifi enabled, that would be the way to go.

Bose Accoustimass 10
Harmony 900 Remote
post #371 of 804 Old 02-12-2013, 07:25 PM

That's what I'm trying to work out without buying both adapters. If I use airplay, I have to buy the Bluetooth adapter and to use the app I have to have the network adapter. I was hoping to just be able to buy the network adapter and be able to control the receiver and my music outside. The problem with using Apple TV is that it will be hooked up via hdmi which will not play on zone 2 because it is digital. If I understand everything correctly.
post #372 of 804 Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:

That's what I'm trying to work out without buying both adapters. If I use airplay, I have to buy the Bluetooth adapter and to use the app I have to have the network adapter. I was hoping to just be able to buy the network adapter and be able to control the receiver and my music outside. The problem with using Apple TV is that it will be hooked up via hdmi which will not play on zone 2 because it is digital. If I understand everything correctly.

No, I don't have any bluetooth happening in my house at all. Airplay works fine over wifi. I don't see why Airplay, native on the amp, or via the AppleTv, wouldn't work on zone 2. Zone 2 is selectable on the icontrol2012 app.

Bose Accoustimass 10
Harmony 900 Remote
post #373 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 AM

This is easy to overlook, but you'll only be able to play back AirPlay audio in a second zone if you have an AV receiver with built-in AirPlay. Second-zone functionality on AV receivers typically doesn't support any audio received over digital inputs (including both HDMI and optical/coaxial), so you're out of luck if you want to pipe your Apple TV's audio to a second room.

This what I was getting at, but you are correct that I can use the airplay over zone 2 because it is built in. Thanks Tom.
post #374 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 AM

And I guess I can play pandora over zone 2 because it is built in too.
post #375 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM

just picked up the vsd-1122 and the Definitive technology 600 surround sound system. Having MAJOR issues getting any audio output.
Any help is appreciated.

<<>>
>>>config 1
...Inputs
PS3 over HDMI
Tivo over HDMI

ARC off
RESULT - NO AUDIO from either source

>>>config 2
SWAPPED OUT both HDMI cables
...Inputs
PS3 over HDMI sound via optical
Tivo over HDMI

ARC off

RESULT - NO AUDIO

>>>config 3
HDMI cables from test 1
...Inputs
Tivo over HDMI sound via optical

ARC off

RESULT - NO AUDIO

>>>config 3
HDMI cables from test 1
...Inputs
Tivo over component / RCA for

ARC off

RESULT - NO AUDIO

if i had any hair i would pull it out!
post #376 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM

Stupid question, but you do have hdmi out to tv? Are the speakers hooked up correctly? Can u test just an iPod through the USB to make sure you can get sound through something in the system? I'm not an expert, but no sound at all sounds odd. If there is no sound from multiple inputs then I would assume something in the hdmi out isn't right?
post #377 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM

If you want the receiver to pull sound from the optical when you have an hdmi cable running the video, I believe you have to tell the receiver to get the sound from the Optical.
post #378 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 PM

Check the volume, mute setting, and speaker setting. The speaker setting got me when I first hooked mine up. I think you have to turn the speakers on so to speak, by pushing the speakers button on the far left next to the input dial.
post #379 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Make sure the correct input function is selected also. I am just listing stuff the owners manual says under no audio in the troubleshooting section.
post #380 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM

On a lighter note. I have set mine up, ran the calibration and been through just about everything. I love it. It's my first receiver and I am pushing some old HTIB JVC speakers, but I love this thing. My only gripe is the lag when switching cable channels. Sometimes it is better then others, but it is bearable, and I will try a newer cable when I get around to it. It set up flawlessly, told me 3 of my speakers connections were crossed, calibrated. I love it so fat. Next I'm going to dive into the crossover frequencies and see if I can tweak the sound a little bit.

Do members ever post their specs and people kind of critique them? I'd like to get some feedback on the settings and readings the auto calibration came up with.
post #381 of 804 Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Below are two antennas I built back in 2007 and still using today.
My homemade HD antenna
I made this after buying my 1st HDTV. The indoor antenna I was using couldn&#039;t hold a signal. So after doing some research on the internet I found a forum with a DIY tutorial....

You, sir, are a true nerd. :-)

I would love to build something like that, mount it on my apartment balcony and wait for the dept of homeland security to show up.
hyghwayman likes this.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just like I like them"
post #382 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 AM

Hi guys.

I'm having a real problem with my iPhone App when using the iPod via the cable. The app will open, give the menu list:
  • Playlists
  • Artists
  • Albums
  • Songs
  • Podcasts
  • Genres
  • Composers
  • Audiobooks

like normal. Ity alos has the button in the bottom right: "iPod Control". When I press it, this is what I get:

If I then try to press the return arrow in bottom left, it just doesn't work, nothing happens. I have to go back to "Input", change sources, then change back to iPod to get back in. If I then go into "Songs", and play the 1st, or any song, it's fine, but I seem to then be stuck in that part of the iPod.

Here I am playing a track:

The volume controls work, but the SKIP FWD, SKIP REV, FWD, REV buttons do nothing.

I when I first go into the iPod source in the App, and then select a playlist, it is then locked within that playlist. I again cannot skip forward or back. If I back out on the app to the song list, or to another playlist, then manually select a track within that, all that happens is that the iPod jumps to another track within the library, playlist etc that it was originally in when I started the app.

I have deleted the App, re-downloaded, same result, Ver 1.2.0. I've also updated the firmware in the Pioneer itself. I need HELP!!!

Ta
Doonks
post #383 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonks View Post

Hi guys.

I'm having a real problem with my iPhone App when using the iPod via the cable. The app will open, give the menu list:
I have deleted the App, re-downloaded, same result, Ver 1.2.0. I've also updated the firmware in the Pioneer itself. I need HELP!!!

Ta
Doonks

What app are you using? is it icontrol2012?

Bose Accoustimass 10
Harmony 900 Remote
post #384 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 AM

Yes. Sorry, i thought there was only 1 proper official Pioneer iPhone App for the amp
post #385 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post

I'd like to see your antenna. I cut the cable a couple of years ago.

So what do you pick up with that Antenna? Can my wife still get her "real housewives of some messed up place" with that antenna? : )
hyghwayman likes this.
post #386 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

So what do you pick up with that Antenna? Can my wife still get her "real housewives of some messed up place" with that antenna? : )
I live in the Dayton area and get 49 channels from 22 over-the-air stations, if it's broadcast OTA she will and it will look beautiful biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutsch View Post

You, sir, are a true nerd. :-)

I would love to build something like that, mount it on my apartment balcony and wait for the dept of homeland security to show up.
If you do, other places to put it would be behind sofa, tv, or just hang it on the wall and call it art eek.gif

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT - hyghwayman
post #387 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Yes. Sorry, i thought there was only 1 proper official Pioneer iPhone App for the amp

I'm not sure how to fix this as I haven't used that set up. But it looks like you have a wireless network in your house, why not just use the Airplay feature with your iPod until someone with knowledge about this set up chips in? (I guess your iPod isn't wifi enabled?). I have an old (2006) iPod in the house somewhere, I might give it a whirl over the weekend if I get the chance.

Bose Accoustimass 10
Harmony 900 Remote
post #388 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Hi guys.

• Playlists
  • Artists
  • Albums
  • Songs
  • Podcasts
  • Genres
  • Composers
  • Audiobooks

like normal. Ity alos has the button in the bottom right: "iPod Control". When I press it, this is what I get:

If I then try to press the return arrow in bottom left, it just doesn't work, nothing happens. I have to go back to "Input", change sources, then change back to iPod to get back in. If I then go into "Songs", and play the 1st, or any song, it's fine, but I seem to then be stuck in that part of the iPod.

Here I am playing a track:

The volume controls work, but the SKIP FWD, SKIP REV, FWD, REV buttons do nothing.

I when I first go into the iPod source in the App, and then select a playlist, it is then locked within that playlist. I again cannot skip forward or back. If I back out on the app to the song list, or to another playlist, then manually select a track within that, all that happens is that the iPod jumps to another track within the library, playlist etc that it was originally in when I started the app.

Ta
Doonks

You need icontrolAV21012. I'm not sure which one which you have. There are two. One works, one doesn't.
post #389 of 804 Old 02-14-2013, 05:02 PM

If you have the correct app, I'm not sure. I am waiting on my wireless LAN connector to come in the mail.
post #390 of 804 Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:

I live in the Dayton area and get 49 channels from 22 over-the-air stations, if it's broadcast OTA she will and it will look beautiful biggrin.gif
If you do, other places to put it would be behind sofa, tv, or just hang it on the wall and call it art eek.gif

I Googled and found this link: http://www.funkylist.com/ViewList.aspx?id=319

...that looks like the same antenna. I am off to Radio Shack this weekend - I want one wink.gif

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page