"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 27 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #781 of 804 Old 04-09-2014, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the VSX-60(same receiver) but I need a remote...

Does anyone have any recommendations on a remote for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 804 Old 04-10-2014, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post

I bought the VSX-60(same receiver) but I need a remote...

Does anyone have any recommendations on a remote for this?
Harmony remotes is the brand that I use.

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT - hyghwayman
post #783 of 804 Old 04-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post

Ok, how about assinging the dvr/bdr optical input to correspond with that component input?
Yes, assign the Opt2 input to the component in by navigating to the "Input Setup" menu, page 35 of the manual.

post #784 of 804 Old 05-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got my VSX-1122 in March of last year (2013) and probably got it up and running with the family room remodel in April or May.

Had some issues, but evrything seemd to be OK until recently.

Now I have no connectivity to the internet, e.g. s/w updates etc.

Tried resetting it but no help.

Everything else seems to be OK, just no connectivity and the iPad app doesn't work anymore.

Robert
post #785 of 804 Old 05-08-2014, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had same issue...make sure your firmware is most recent, which has to be updated via a USB flash drive. I was able to reset (as I recall) by just hold down the on.off button for 10 or so seconds. It did reset, and I've good since. Subsequent I had another issue getting my Zone 2 set up, so called the pioneer folks for help. They were very helpful, so may be easier to reach out to them. Just make that call during the week...don't until a Friday to try. Unfortunately they are closed in weekends and only open til 5 during the week.
post #786 of 804 Old 05-24-2014, 04:40 PM

can you please share the way you have your system going. i put the volume down to -22 on EXT STEREO  and i can't hear anything.  i have to go all the way down to like max. i'm connected to EXT Stereo because its the loudest i can get. the other one is less loud. i'm connected to Bose Accoustmass 2. I put the max Volume to cut at 00dB. Im loosing my hair havent sleep in three days trying to figure this out. please help

post #787 of 804 Old 05-24-2014, 05:42 PM

I found out and was confirmed by the pioneer folks that the amp driving zone 2 is not near as potent as for the main zone. Have not paid attention to the exact volume settings on the receiver as I use my ipad or iPhone to control operations via the iControl app. However, I have to crank it up on the zone 2 speakers to equal the main zone volume (if that is my goal). My zone 2 speakers are on my porch, so I typically have to keep them a little lower for the sake of my neighbors. It all works for me. Alternatively you can push your zone 2 output to an additional integrated amp, then to your speakers to get the added wattage and avoid jamming up the volume setting. Hope this helps...a pretty layperson explanation, but that is me!
post #788 of 804 Old 05-25-2014, 03:47 PM

thanks for the reply. i guess ill keep on trying to find the solution. i definitely think something is wrong. i also can get surround sound on anything except Ext Stereo.

post #789 of 804 Old 05-25-2014, 08:23 PM

If you set your system up for for your added speakers as "Speaker B" you will get nothing but ambient sound. You will have to use an external amplifier.i was not willing to do that. By default the receiver is setup for a total of seven speakers, plus up to 2 sub-woofers, hence a 7.2 system. I originally setup with a speaker B arrangement, but owing to the lousy sound level, and conversation with pioneer, opted to change this to a Zone 2 setup with my initial speaker system as a 5.1 surround sound. Not perfect, but I do get added volume through the external speakers (Zone 2) now. I did the setup using the Pioneer Navigator app.
post #790 of 804 Old 06-23-2014, 02:58 AM

Liked: 0
Hi all.

I`ve read through this thread and found some really useful information but nothing relating to my problem so, I thought I would post a question and hopefully get some help.

The problem with my 1122 is that I am unable to stream music from my PC to the receiver. I have cable internet and the modem/router is next to the receiver which is connected with a cat 6 cable. The rest of the house is wireless, I have 2 laptops, both with windows 7, 64 bit and media player 12. On both laptops, the 1122 shows up in the "devices and printers" section of control panel and in the network settings of the receiver, there is an IP address and mac address displayed. The music folders on the pc`s have been set to "share" with all users on the network and in media player, under the "stream" tab, the "automatically allow devices to play my media" check box has been checked. In the "media streaming options" of control panel, I have set the 1122 to the "allowed" setting. One thing I`m not sure about is that when I go into "network and internet" in control panel and select "see full map," everything on the network is there however, the 1122 is at the bottom of the page under the heading " the following discovered devices can not be placed on the map" and I don`t understand why it has been placed there. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Incidentally, I also have a netgear wi-fi range extender in-between the modem router and one of the laptops.

I have a feeling that it`s probably some network setting or something that I have overlooked so, If somebody could suggest something, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks for reading this post.
post #791 of 804 Old 06-23-2014, 09:35 PM

Hi Musketeer58, I have my A/V Receiver also connected to my network, one difference I might have is that I have my computer and A/V receiver both hard wired with cat5 cable. What I use is a free program that I got with a Samsung bluray player once, but works good and I know I use to be able to download it for free of Samsungs website, it is called "Allshare" it is a dlna media server that setups everything nicely on its own. You just had to tell it what files to share. I did at one time try with Windows media server to play to my A/V receiver, but finally figured out I was having firewall issues. I am no genius at this, but hopefully the info I threw out here to you helps you out. And yes, I have the Pioneer Vsx 1122 K and Windows 7 pro 64bit. Steve
post #792 of 804 Old 06-26-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizler View Post
Hi Musketeer58, I have my A/V Receiver also connected to my network, one difference I might have is that I have my computer and A/V receiver both hard wired with cat5 cable. What I use is a free program that I got with a Samsung bluray player once, but works good and I know I use to be able to download it for free of Samsungs website, it is called "Allshare" it is a dlna media server that setups everything nicely on its own. You just had to tell it what files to share. I did at one time try with Windows media server to play to my A/V receiver, but finally figured out I was having firewall issues. I am no genius at this, but hopefully the info I threw out here to you helps you out. And yes, I have the Pioneer Vsx 1122 K and Windows 7 pro 64bit. Steve
Thanks for the reply Steve.

I downloaded and installed that program but for some reason it won`t run. When I click on it, nothing happens. I tried downloading it from other sites but it was still the same so i`ll have to try something else. In the 1122 manual, it states that media player 11 or 12 is needed so, it should work. It`s not a firewall issue because I turned it off and disabled the antivirus program and it was still the same. I`ll have a look in the manual and see if I can do a factory re-set and start again. Sometimes that fixes problems.

Thanks again Steve.

Adrian
post #793 of 804 Old 07-04-2014, 03:27 AM

Hi guys. I`m still having this problem and now it`s doing my head in.

I couldn`t find anything in the manual that explains how to do a factory re-set so I suppose it`s possible that it can`t be done so, I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know if it`s possible to do a factory re-set and if so, I would really appreciate some advice.

Cheers all

Adrian
post #794 of 804 Old 07-04-2014, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by musketeer58 View Post
I couldn`t find anything in the manual that explains how to do a factory re-set so I suppose it`s possible that it can`t be done so, I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know if it`s possible to do a factory re-set and if so, I would really appreciate some advice.

Cheers all

Adrian
Hi musketeer58, see page 63 in OM.
post #795 of 804 Old 07-12-2014, 09:42 PM

Thanks for help in advance. This is the issue I am having.

I have an vsx-1122 with the following inputs

directv - sat
ps4 - hdmi 6
xbox one
roku 3
apple tv
wd live

all to a samsung tv

when switching from ps4/hdmi 6 back to sat, it sometimes has choppy audio and the only way to fix is to cycle inputs and then it comes back most of the time. Sometimes I have to turn on and off the receiver. It rarely happens with the other inputs, to be honest I don't think that it has happened with any of the other inputs.

I have changing HDMI cables, do I have a faulty receiver or what could be the problem?
post #796 of 804 Old 07-14-2014, 06:33 AM

July 2014 Update:

I purchased this receiver about 14 months ago, and it's been in my family room HT system since.

This has turned out to be the worst receiver I have ever purchased, and I have owned several in my life (starting in the 60's) some of those being Pioneer & pioneer elite. I have to continually unplug it and let it sit for a few minutes, then plug it back in to reset it. Networking has pretty much stopped working so it is unable to connect to the internet...also that causes the iPad app to not work either. Additionally, now when I turn it on it won't connect or pass the cable box signal; so I have to rotate the selector knob to another source then back to the cable box input to get it to pass the signal. If I reset it, then it works properly for a while, then it needs resetting again. I know what to do, but it confounds my wife, so she's unable to watch TV until I come reset the unit AGAIN!

One of the reasons that I purchased this unit was that I really liked my older Pioneer Elite (VSX-72TVX) Receiver and I actually prefer the sound and operability that comes with that receiver, unfortunately it doesn't pass 1080p.

So, I really can't recommend this receiver to anyone. Some of them apparently work pretty well, but there are over 75, 1 & 2 star reviews on Amazon that indicates that there is an innate problem with them.

I'm really sorry I bought this receiver, and I doubt that I'll buy another Pioneer product if at all possible.
post #797 of 804 Old 07-14-2014, 07:56 AM

needs resetting again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanRamon View Post
July 2014 Update:

This has turned out to be the worst receiver I have ever purchased, and I have owned several in my life (starting in the 60's) some of those being Pioneer & pioneer elite. I have to continually unplug it and let it sit for a few minutes, then plug it back in to reset it. Networking has pretty much stopped working so it is unable to connect to the internet...also that causes the iPad app to not work either. Additionally, now when I turn it on it won't connect or pass the cable box signal; so I have to rotate the selector knob to another source then back to the cable box input to get it to pass the signal. If I reset it, then it works properly for a while, then it needs resetting again. I know what to do, but it confounds my wife, so she's unable to watch TV until I come reset the unit AGAIN!
I am sorry to hear about your misfortune with the VSX-1122-k, I have had mine now for over a year and it has not gave me any problems at all, but like anything, there is units that were produced on a Monday morning before they had their coffee. The 1st question that comes to mind is the unit well ventilated and have surge protection? 2nd is you didn't mention getting ahold of Pioneer, what have they said?

Wish you the best.
post #798 of 804 Old 07-14-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
July 2014 Update:

I purchased this receiver about 14 months ago, and it's been in my family room HT system since.

One of the reasons that I purchased this unit was that I really liked my older Pioneer Elite (VSX-72TVX) Receiver and I actually prefer the sound and operability that comes with that receiver, unfortunately it doesn't pass 1080p.

So, I really can't recommend this receiver to anyone. Some of them apparently work pretty well, but there are over 75, 1 & 2 star reviews on Amazon that indicates that there is an innate problem with them.

I'm really sorry I bought this receiver, and I doubt that I'll buy another Pioneer product if at all possible.
I have had many similar problems. I have an older VSX-1024 that has no problems. I purchased my 1122 because I needed more inputs and speakers for my media room, and my 1024 worked beautifully. I still to this day need to unplug from power, wait, plug back in to get it working. I had an older Sammy screen at the time, but it has now died. I will be attempting to use a new monitor as I had suspected my older screen took too long to start up and notify via HDMI to the Pioneer.
post #799 of 804 Old 07-14-2014, 12:56 PM

VSX-1122 Not so good - for me at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizler View Post
...but like anything, there is units that were produced on a Monday morning before they had their coffee. The 1st question that comes to mind is the unit well ventilated and have surge protection? 2nd is you didn't mention getting ahold of Pioneer, what have they said?

Well, for the money I spent, I think it should be perfect whether it was made before tea or not...on any day.

The unit is in a kitchen cabinet arrangement in the family room, 3' x 2' x 1.5 feet. It doesn't really get hot, maybe + 10 deg from room after running all day...room is 70 to 75F.

Yes, it's on a surge suppressor, but in NorCal, we don't' have surges like the mid-west or south.

No, I didn't contact Pioneer because it's out of warrantee and given the responses others have gotten (unplug, wait 10 minutes & plug back in) or take it to a repair center, didn't seem that helpful to me. My guess is that it's would be $200-300 to get it fixed, then I'd have the same piece of junk in my cabinet.

Now there's 2 things wrong...network "card" doesn't work or works 5% of the time and the input selection know needs to be rotated manually occasionally to get it to pass the HDMI signal. Not sure what's next; so I'm dis-inclined to put any more $ in it.
post #800 of 804 Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Well, for the money I spent, I think it should be perfect whether it was made before tea or not...on any day.

The unit is in a kitchen cabinet arrangement in the family room, 3' x 2' x 1.5 feet. It doesn't really get hot, maybe + 10 deg from room after running all day...room is 70 to 75F.

Yes, it's on a surge suppressor, but in NorCal, we don't' have surges like the mid-west or south.

No, I didn't contact Pioneer because it's out of warrantee and given the responses others have gotten (unplug, wait 10 minutes & plug back in) or take it to a repair center, didn't seem that helpful to me. My guess is that it's would be $200-300 to get it fixed, then I'd have the same piece of junk in my cabinet.

Now there's 2 things wrong...network "card" doesn't work or works 5% of the time and the input selection know needs to be rotated manually occasionally to get it to pass the HDMI signal. Not sure what's next; so I'm dis-inclined to put any more $ in it.
I had some issues with network one time and it was related to DHCP, setting it up static fixed it. Most of my IP equipment is setup that way so that if the power goes out and devices come back before the router they already have their IPs.
post #801 of 804 Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
I had some issues with network one time and it was related to DHCP, setting it up static fixed it. Most of my IP equipment is setup that way so that if the power goes out and devices come back before the router they already have their IPs.
I assume that you make that change in both the router settings and the receiver.

Robert
post #802 of 804 Old 07-17-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I assume that you make that change in both the router settings and the receiver.

Robert
You can do it two ways, login to your router and see what range it uses for DHCP usually 100+ so assuming your router is 192.168.1.1 and it assigns DHCP to 100 and above you can use anything between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.99 - this way nothing needs to be changed in the router.

Another way is to reserve the DHCP IP address in the router and then manually configure the same address on the receiver.
post #803 of 804 Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
...Another way is to reserve the DHCP IP address in the router and then manually configure the same address on the receiver.
This is what I thought you meant.

I haven't tried re-doing the network settings in the receiver for a while. I'll try again tonight.

The last 2 or 3 times I was in there trying to get this thing to work, I would change something then select OK to get the receiver to update and the receiver would go into the "updating" mode and never come out of it.

I think one time I let it sit for 2 hours and when I came back it was still trying to "update".

Since it's in a remote location (and on an A/V bridge), I wasn't sure about the connectivity. But the TV, BD player, Roku, etc. are all hooked up to the bridge and stream video fine, so the bridge is good. I even exchanged ports on the bridge with the receiver and the BD player & then the Roku. The receiver still had issues and the BD player/Roku streamed video thru both ports I had them attached to.

So to make sure the receiver was hooked up to the internet, I ran a longish cat 5 cable direct from the router into the back of the receiver...same results as using the bridge, no joy.

I'm so tired of F'ing with this thing. I may just try to find a used 3 or 4 year old higher-end Elite receiver and throw this thing in the trash.

Robert
post #804 of 804 Old 07-18-2014, 07:17 PM

How Do I Stream Windows Media Player Files to VSX1122k

I've had this receiver for over a year. Just set up Pandora and SiriusXM after thumbing through the worthless manual.

Can anyone tell me how to play Windows Media Player files through the 1122k?

Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page