"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 28 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #811 of 823 Old 11-21-2014, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Maloney View Post
I bought my amp over a year ago in THailand and I think I've been sold a demo model. I received no set up CD or mic cable. THe display always scrolls demo text and I've just tried to link it to my TV with a HDMI cable but it doesn't seem to work. How can I check if it is indeed a demo model with limited features?

On the receiver panel, not the remote:
Switch your receiver into Standby mode.
Hold down Enter, and turn the power on.
The display shows RESET NO
Use the TUNE down arrow to display FL DEMO
Use the PRESET right arrow to select OFF
Press ENTER

See page 8 of the owners manual:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions070612.pdf

Robert

Last edited by MrSanRamon; 11-21-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 823 Old 11-30-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I have possibiliy to buy this receiver and price is very good. But I am quite interested in Dolby Atmos. I red somewhere that some older receivers from Pioneer can get this function via new official firmware.

Does anybody know if there is some plan to release new firmware with Dolby Atmos for this receiver?
post #813 of 823 Old 11-30-2014, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Dolby Atmos Firmware Update Now Available for Pioneer Receivers

Sep 30, 2014

Pioneer has announced that a free firmware update enabling Dolby Atmos surround sound on three Elite SC receivers is now available for download at pioneerelectronics.com. The update applies to the SC-85 ($1,600), SC-87 ($2,000), and SC-89 ($3,000) 9.2-channel AV receivers.
post #814 of 823 Old 12-03-2014, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanRamon View Post
Dolby Atmos Firmware Update Now Available for Pioneer Receivers

Sep 30, 2014

Pioneer has announced that a free firmware update enabling Dolby Atmos surround sound on three Elite SC receivers is now available for download at pioneerelectronics.com. The update applies to the SC-85 ($1,600), SC-87 ($2,000), and SC-89 ($3,000) 9.2-channel AV receivers.
Not good info. It seems that Dolby Atmos function is only for newer AV receivers with 9 channels.
post #815 of 823 Old 12-27-2014, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanRamon View Post
On the receiver panel, not the remote:
Switch your receiver into Standby mode.
Hold down Enter, and turn the power on.
The display shows RESET NO
Use the TUNE down arrow to display FL DEMO
Use the PRESET right arrow to select OFF
Press ENTER

See page 8 of the owners manual

Robert
Thanks! Sorry, my manual is in Thai!

I now have an issue trying to detect my receiver on my network. I have the LAN lead connecting the receiver and the router but I can't detect the receiver on my iMac. I think I have a problem with my remote, I've never been able to access the 'Home Menu' with it and some of the other controls don't work also, so I'm unable to access the network details to identify the receivers IP address. Is there any other way of identifying the IP address? I guess investing in a new remote would be an idea!
post #816 of 823 Old 12-30-2014, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Maloney View Post
Thanks! Sorry, my manual is in Thai!

I now have an issue trying to detect my receiver on my network. I have the LAN lead connecting the receiver and the router but I can't detect the receiver on my iMac. I think I have a problem with my remote, I've never been able to access the 'Home Menu' with it and some of the other controls don't work also, so I'm unable to access the network details to identify the receivers IP address. Is there any other way of identifying the IP address? I guess investing in a new remote would be an idea!
@ Greg Maloney, its easy to find the english version of the 1122k's manual via google search. To access the Home menu you must press the receiver button beforehand. hope this helps !
post #817 of 823 Old 12-30-2014, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have the iso for av navigator if you need it for this model. But the manual should be on pioneers website.
post #818 of 823 Old 01-02-2015, 08:15 PM

How to connect PC to Pioneer 1122

How to connect PC to Pioneer 1122 using HDMI cable.
post #819 of 823 Old 01-05-2015, 07:38 PM

Liked: 10
I have gone through the Amp set up a few times. At this stage I am ONLY using the Amp for Audio purposes in 2 separate zones, although at some stage during this year I will finish my AV room and set up speakers and a TV connected to it as the main zone (I will deal with that when I get to it)

I have 4 Audio speakers in my living room ceiling (2 Left / 2 right) and 4 ceiling speakers in my Alfresco area (2 Left / 2 Right). when going through the set up, I notice the only option in enabling multi-zone is to have the main zone set to 5.1 and Zone 2 set to 2.0

#1 - is that correct?
#2 - If not how do I set up to have Multi Zone with both zones set to 2.0?

Ideally, for the moment, I want to play different audio sources to either zone. i.e. FM player in Zone 1 and iPod to Zone 2. All I can currently do is play any source (CD, FM, iPod/iPhone, USB etc) to Zone 1 and ONLY FM/Internet Radio/Adapter to Zone 2. I can't stream a connected device over WiFi to Zone 2. I want to be able to do this.

#3 - if Zone 2 is set to 2.0, can I stream over WiFi to it?

This is important to me as when the TV comes along, I intend to run the AV room as Zone 1 (5.1, or even 7.2), and the Living Room AND Alfresco as Zone 2. I will absolutely NEED to be able to send streamed audio, or different audio sources into Zone 2. I will split the Zone 2 speaker outputs with a manual switch box from which the 2 sets of 4 ceiling speakers will be separated. This "should" effectively give me 3 zones with Zone 2 on a manual switch.

#4 - Does this sound feasible with the VSX-1122 K or am I dreaming?

I sincerely hope I haven't done my cash by picking the wrong amp for this purpose

#5 - Would I be better getting a 2nd amp to manage the 2 Audio Zones and leave the VSX-1122 K for the 7.2 Home Theatre duties?

I want to be able to remotely control whatever the Amp is, via a Smart Phone app (currently can using the iControlAV 2012 app on both an old iPhone 4 which is simless and a Samsung Galaxy S5). Wife may shoot me...
post #820 of 823 Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM

Christopher

Hey guys, I'm currently looking at purchasing a project debut record player which apparent has a USB outlet and 2 female RCA phono outlets ( red and white ) i assume. I was just wondering if any one knew weather it would link up to my vsx-1122-k. apparently i can't post links yet but to have a look at the specifications you can go to pro-ject audio systems and look at the operating manual under the debut line. cheers
post #821 of 823 Unread Yesterday, 06:24 PM

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't plug directly into the phono RCA plugs. Have you tried to do that?
post #822 of 823 Unread Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Any ideas on my questions 2 posts up?
post #823 of 823 Unread Today, 06:25 PM

Hi.
Long time reader, first time poster

I have the vsx-1122 and am just wondering if anyone is also getting sound lag when playing a bluray from a PS4.
Set up is PS4 to VSX-1122 receiver to Sony 70 Inch 4K Model: KD70X8500B all through HDMI

I have also noticed lag from older programs through Sky TV with sound going through optical cables. Does anyone know why or what I can do to stop it? I can be very bad some times.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page