"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 28 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #811 of 841 Old 11-21-2014, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Maloney View Post
I bought my amp over a year ago in THailand and I think I've been sold a demo model. I received no set up CD or mic cable. THe display always scrolls demo text and I've just tried to link it to my TV with a HDMI cable but it doesn't seem to work. How can I check if it is indeed a demo model with limited features?

On the receiver panel, not the remote:
Switch your receiver into Standby mode.
Hold down Enter, and turn the power on.
The display shows RESET NO
Use the TUNE down arrow to display FL DEMO
Use the PRESET right arrow to select OFF
Press ENTER

See page 8 of the owners manual:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions070612.pdf

Robert

Last edited by MrSanRamon; 11-21-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 841 Old 11-30-2014, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I have possibiliy to buy this receiver and price is very good. But I am quite interested in Dolby Atmos. I red somewhere that some older receivers from Pioneer can get this function via new official firmware.

Does anybody know if there is some plan to release new firmware with Dolby Atmos for this receiver?
post #813 of 841 Old 11-30-2014, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Dolby Atmos Firmware Update Now Available for Pioneer Receivers

Sep 30, 2014

Pioneer has announced that a free firmware update enabling Dolby Atmos surround sound on three Elite SC receivers is now available for download at pioneerelectronics.com. The update applies to the SC-85 ($1,600), SC-87 ($2,000), and SC-89 ($3,000) 9.2-channel AV receivers.
post #814 of 841 Old 12-03-2014, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanRamon View Post
Dolby Atmos Firmware Update Now Available for Pioneer Receivers

Sep 30, 2014

Pioneer has announced that a free firmware update enabling Dolby Atmos surround sound on three Elite SC receivers is now available for download at pioneerelectronics.com. The update applies to the SC-85 ($1,600), SC-87 ($2,000), and SC-89 ($3,000) 9.2-channel AV receivers.
Not good info. It seems that Dolby Atmos function is only for newer AV receivers with 9 channels.
post #815 of 841 Old 12-27-2014, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Press ENTER

See page 8 of the owners manual

Robert
Thanks! Sorry, my manual is in Thai!

I now have an issue trying to detect my receiver on my network. I have the LAN lead connecting the receiver and the router but I can't detect the receiver on my iMac. I think I have a problem with my remote, I've never been able to access the 'Home Menu' with it and some of the other controls don't work also, so I'm unable to access the network details to identify the receivers IP address. Is there any other way of identifying the IP address? I guess investing in a new remote would be an idea!
post #816 of 841 Old 12-30-2014, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Maloney View Post
Thanks! Sorry, my manual is in Thai!

I now have an issue trying to detect my receiver on my network. I have the LAN lead connecting the receiver and the router but I can't detect the receiver on my iMac. I think I have a problem with my remote, I've never been able to access the 'Home Menu' with it and some of the other controls don't work also, so I'm unable to access the network details to identify the receivers IP address. Is there any other way of identifying the IP address? I guess investing in a new remote would be an idea!
@ Greg Maloney, its easy to find the english version of the 1122k's manual via google search. To access the Home menu you must press the receiver button beforehand. hope this helps !
post #817 of 841 Old 12-30-2014, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I have the iso for av navigator if you need it for this model. But the manual should be on pioneers website.
post #818 of 841 Old 01-02-2015, 07:15 PM

How to connect PC to Pioneer 1122

How to connect PC to Pioneer 1122 using HDMI cable.
post #819 of 841 Old 01-05-2015, 06:38 PM

Liked: 10
I have gone through the Amp set up a few times. At this stage I am ONLY using the Amp for Audio purposes in 2 separate zones, although at some stage during this year I will finish my AV room and set up speakers and a TV connected to it as the main zone (I will deal with that when I get to it)

I have 4 Audio speakers in my living room ceiling (2 Left / 2 right) and 4 ceiling speakers in my Alfresco area (2 Left / 2 Right). when going through the set up, I notice the only option in enabling multi-zone is to have the main zone set to 5.1 and Zone 2 set to 2.0

#1 - is that correct?
#2 - If not how do I set up to have Multi Zone with both zones set to 2.0?

Ideally, for the moment, I want to play different audio sources to either zone. i.e. FM player in Zone 1 and iPod to Zone 2. All I can currently do is play any source (CD, FM, iPod/iPhone, USB etc) to Zone 1 and ONLY FM/Internet Radio/Adapter to Zone 2. I can't stream a connected device over WiFi to Zone 2. I want to be able to do this.

#3 - if Zone 2 is set to 2.0, can I stream over WiFi to it?

This is important to me as when the TV comes along, I intend to run the AV room as Zone 1 (5.1, or even 7.2), and the Living Room AND Alfresco as Zone 2. I will absolutely NEED to be able to send streamed audio, or different audio sources into Zone 2. I will split the Zone 2 speaker outputs with a manual switch box from which the 2 sets of 4 ceiling speakers will be separated. This "should" effectively give me 3 zones with Zone 2 on a manual switch.

#4 - Does this sound feasible with the VSX-1122 K or am I dreaming?

I sincerely hope I haven't done my cash by picking the wrong amp for this purpose

#5 - Would I be better getting a 2nd amp to manage the 2 Audio Zones and leave the VSX-1122 K for the 7.2 Home Theatre duties?

I want to be able to remotely control whatever the Amp is, via a Smart Phone app (currently can using the iControlAV 2012 app on both an old iPhone 4 which is simless and a Samsung Galaxy S5). Wife may shoot me...
post #820 of 841 Old 02-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Christopher

Hey guys, I'm currently looking at purchasing a project debut record player which apparent has a USB outlet and 2 female RCA phono outlets ( red and white ) i assume. I was just wondering if any one knew weather it would link up to my vsx-1122-k. apparently i can't post links yet but to have a look at the specifications you can go to pro-ject audio systems and look at the operating manual under the debut line. cheers
post #821 of 841 Old 02-07-2015, 05:24 PM

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't plug directly into the phono RCA plugs. Have you tried to do that?
post #822 of 841 Old 02-07-2015, 05:25 PM

Any ideas on my questions 2 posts up?
post #823 of 841 Old 02-08-2015, 05:25 PM

Hi.
Long time reader, first time poster

I have the vsx-1122 and am just wondering if anyone is also getting sound lag when playing a bluray from a PS4.
Set up is PS4 to VSX-1122 receiver to Sony 70 Inch 4K Model: KD70X8500B all through HDMI

I have also noticed lag from older programs through Sky TV with sound going through optical cables. Does anyone know why or what I can do to stop it? I can be very bad some times.

Thanks
post #824 of 841 Old 03-17-2015, 08:36 AM

Exclamation VSX-1122-k Without sound

I've had my VSX-1122-k for around 3 years. I went to turn on my TV the other day and there was no sound. I have a Blu-ray player, Direct Tv, and PC all hooked up via HDMI. I have HDMI video going out to a projector. The audio is hooked up with 7.1 speakers. I have tried erasing my MDac settings. I have tried different inputs. The tuner doesn't even output static. I have tried the audio speaker setup, it does the on screen countdown, then I get no audio out of any of my speakers.

I am guessing that there is a component that is bad but before I chunk it all the way, Could there be a setting that would make the audio go out a different output? Is there a "factory default" I've tried unplugging it for about a minute.

I'm not scared to open it up does anyone know what part might have gone bad that I can replace? Everything else appears to work fine. I can switch inputs and I see video there just isn't any audio.

Thanks
post #825 of 841 Old 04-19-2015, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
VSX 1122 K sound out via HDMI?

I have a Pioneer VSX-1122K receiver and have plugged a number of components in via HDMI e.g. Apple TV, Foxtel. The output from the receiver is to a Samsung TV via HDMI. The picture is excellent, but there is no sound at all. Do I need to use external speakers, or is this just a setting that I need to adjust so I can hear sound via the TV speakers?
post #826 of 841 Old 04-19-2015, 02:29 PM

Do you have speakers good up to the receiver?

When watching components is the everyone on?
post #827 of 841 Old 04-19-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOoz View Post
I have a Pioneer VSX-1122K receiver and have plugged a number of components in via HDMI e.g. Apple TV, Foxtel. The output from the receiver is to a Samsung TV via HDMI. The picture is excellent, but there is no sound at all. Do I need to use external speakers, or is this just a setting that I need to adjust so I can hear sound via the TV speakers?

Hi TheOoz, it can have sound from external speakers connected to receiver or sound via TV speakers but cannot have both. For sound to TV speakers, set HDMI Audio to "Through" found under Audio Parameter.
beerhunt likes this.
post #828 of 841 Old 05-03-2015, 08:16 AM

No video from VSX-1122

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my VSX-1122. I'm not able to get any video output. I have connected multiple HDMI devices to various HDMI inputs but the receiver does not put out any image to my TV. The HDMI indicitor is live at the moment some device is connected, however no output. Is it broken or am I doing something wrong here. Please help me .
post #829 of 841 Old 05-08-2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lamers View Post
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my VSX-1122. I'm not able to get any video output. I have connected multiple HDMI devices to various HDMI inputs but the receiver does not put out any image to my TV. The HDMI indicitor is live at the moment some device is connected, however no output. Is it broken or am I doing something wrong here. Please help me .
@ Richard Lamers, 1st, make sure that the TV's "source" is set up correctly ie. the connection from the 1122k is selected. 2nd, make sure in the 1122k's menu that all of the inputs are assigned correctly. I am far from being an audio geek but I hope this helps
post #830 of 841 Old 05-11-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Press ENTER

See page 8 of the owners manual:

Robert
I have tried this dozens of times and I my receiver won't turn on when I am holding down the enter key. Its rather frustrating. Is my unit broken?

Also, I can't for the life of me get Zone 2 to work.

I don't understand why this has to be so overly complicated when I just want it to play the radio.
post #831 of 841 Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Wondering if anyone can help me with setting a static IP for the receiver.

A/V Receiver - Pioneer VSX 924 K + Wireless Lan Converter

Router - TP Link N600

App - iControlAV5

Im trying to assign a static IP so when i control the receiver via the App i don't have to keep checking what IP the receiver has been given.

Im a bit lost with it all to be honest. What i have done so far is logged into my router and reserved an IP address for the receiver (192.168.0.102). My Subnet is 255.255.255.0 and the IP range is from 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.199. I turned DCHP off on the receiver and manually entered the IP 192.168.0.102. After i done that the App couldn't connect.

The receiver itself has a DCHP settings and so does the Wireless Lan converter.

The IP for the Lan converter is 192.168.2.254. What would i need to do so the IP on the receiver will stay on 192.168.0.102.

Should i be turning off the DCHP on the Lan converter as well?

Should i be reserving the Lan converters IP on the router?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
post #832 of 841 Old Today, 01:23 PM

Liked: 12
Hi $oundman

I'm not an expert but I think you are mixing up two things.
1. Use a static IP address - this can be a pain because now you'll need to do this for all your equipment. You'll turn OFF DHCP on the router, and manually set all IP addresses.
2. Use the router to Reserve the IP address for the Receiver. You will leave DHCP ON, but in the router settings you'll indicate that the Receiver is assigned a certain address, usually this is done through the MAC address (the individual hardware number for each device). All other equipment on your network will still be assigned a random IP address, depending on when they log in, etc. The way this works is that the router will not assign the reserved addresses to anything, when the Receiver uses DHCP to get an IP address, the router assigns the reserved address.
Don't use them both, go for option #2 and tell the Receiver to use DHCP

I have also given the wireless adapter, a printer, and a NAS drive a reserved address so I don't have to search for them. Phones, DVD players, and other equipment can use DHCP.

Good luck!

FrankNL
post #833 of 841 Old Today, 01:54 PM

Actually you can assign an ip address outside of your dhcp serving range. This way your resort will still hand out ips, but anything outside of the range can be assigned on the device.

Most routers start handing out addresses at 192.168.1.100 so anything down to 192.168.1.2 can be assigned on the device.
post #834 of 841 Old Today, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNL View Post
Hi $oundman

I'm not an expert but I think you are mixing up two things.
1. Use a static IP address - this can be a pain because now you'll need to do this for all your equipment. You'll turn OFF DHCP on the router, and manually set all IP addresses.
2. Use the router to Reserve the IP address for the Receiver. You will leave DHCP ON, but in the router settings you'll indicate that the Receiver is assigned a certain address, usually this is done through the MAC address (the individual hardware number for each device). All other equipment on your network will still be assigned a random IP address, depending on when they log in, etc. The way this works is that the router will not assign the reserved addresses to anything, when the Receiver uses DHCP to get an IP address, the router assigns the reserved address.
Don't use them both, go for option #2 and tell the Receiver to use DHCP

I have also given the wireless adapter, a printer, and a NAS drive a reserved address so I don't have to search for them. Phones, DVD players, and other equipment can use DHCP.

Good luck!

FrankNL
Hi FrankNL,

Yea Iā€™m trying to set up the second option. Reserve an IP on the router for the receiver. What i have done is taken down the Mac address of the receiver and reserved the IP 192.168.0.102. I have the DHCP turned ON on the receiver and its assigning the IP 192.168.2.100. My routers DHCP can only assign IPs through the range 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199. If i try set it to 192.168.2.100 it says invalid range.

Now to confuse things more (or me) i have the receiver connected to the wireless lan converter which also has its own IP address (192.168.2.249) and the option to turn DHCP ON or OFF. Would that be why my receiver is getting and IP out of my routers range ?
post #835 of 841 Old Today, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
Actually you can assign an ip address outside of your dhcp serving range. This way your resort will still hand out ips, but anything outside of the range can be assigned on the device.

Most routers start handing out addresses at 192.168.1.100 so anything down to 192.168.1.2 can be assigned on the device.
I tried this. My receiver seems to be assigned an IP out of my routers range. If i try reserved an IP address outside of the range it give me an error. Im using one the TP Link N600 not sure if they support it.
post #836 of 841 Old Today, 03:29 PM

Most i have come across do. See what address your computer gets. Some issue 192.168.100.100 to start with. Your subnet mask and default gateway will also need to be the exact same as what the computer is pulling.

In windows open command prompt, then type in ipconfig and post what you are getting
post #837 of 841 Old Today, 03:56 PM

The PC and all the devices in the house are being assigned IP address in the range 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199

So my Macbook is getting 192.168.0.103 - iPad 192.168.0.105 - LG TV 192.168.0.107

Thats going from the list off my routers DHCP.

The problem is with the lan converter i think. That has its own DHCP setting. Its range is 192.168.2.100 - 192.168.2.199. When i set the DHCP on the receiver to ON and the lan converter to ON the receive gets and IP of 192.168.2.100 instead of the IP reserved on the router (192.168.0.102)
post #838 of 841 Old Today, 04:14 PM

I see now. The 3rd octet is different. If you subnet mask is NOT 255.255.255.0 than the Third octet of 2 should work. post your subnet mask and default gateway.
post #839 of 841 Old Today, 04:15 PM

Try giving it 192.168.0.99 and see what happens. Assign it from the receiver
post #840 of 841 Old Today, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
Try giving it 192.168.0.99 and see what happens. Assign it from the receiver
So should i turn the DHCP Off on the receiver and assign the IP 192.168.0.99?

Do i need to reserve that IP in the DHCP on router?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K