"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #841 of 865 Old 05-25-2015, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Yes. But your subnet mask and default gateway must be the same on all devices
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 865 Old 06-10-2015, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since the last 6-7 weeks I'm having some troubles with my VSX-1122-K.

At random voices of people are becoming very soft while lower and higher tones keep the same.
All speakers (using a 5.1 setup) produce sound, but the center speaker (the one where the voices are the loudest) is losing most of the sound.
The problem occurs on all html and optical input channels.

The only way to (temporary) resolve the problem, is to unplug the receiver, wait at least 30 seconds and plug it back in again.
I already did a number of resets, replaced all html and optical (just to make sure it's not a cable problem), but nothing seems to resolve the problem.

In the beginning the problem only occurs once every 2-3 days, now it happens multiple times a day.

Has anyone had the same problem? or is there a known way to resolve the problem?
I don't have warranty anymore (receiver is almost 3 years old)

Thanks.
post #843 of 865 Old 06-10-2015, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
I have the iso for av navigator if you need it for this model. But the manual should be on pioneers website.
Do you (or anyone else) know if the Windows version of av navigator provides any extras that the iPad version doesn't?

Thanks,

Ray
post #844 of 865 Old 06-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

I don't have the iso any more but the only other functionality that the disc had was virtual remote functions. Meaning you could push buttons on the remote and it would should you what it would do via software....or something like that. I do have the sc1222 now and can upload that iso of you like.
post #845 of 865 Old 06-11-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I do have the sc1222 now and can upload that iso of you like.
Sure, I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Ray
post #846 of 865 Old 06-26-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdelmrs View Post
Sure, I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Ray
I need this iso too. can you please send me it?
post #847 of 865 Old 08-07-2015, 08:36 PM

Question Audio Cut Outs

Will try to explain my current issue the best I can.

I've had this receiver 2 1/2 years. DirecTV, Apple TV, XBox One are all feeding into receiver via HDMI. HDMI out to Vizio. 5 speakers set up on Zone 1. Zone 2 has two oudoor speakers.

A month or so ago the audio would drop out for 1-2 seconds on multiple inputs (definitely Apple TV and DirecTV), video would remain just fine and then audio would return. During the audio dropout, the receiver display would switch from Dolby/Surround/etc to Stereo, and also from "digital" to "analog"

The audio drops would be a few minutes apart, 15 seconds apart, an hour apart, but varied. Occasionally, I'd get a loud static/screech sound over the speakers. I thought it was just a single speaker, and tried unplugging that one and leaving it unplugged but audio drop-out would still occur (and I think screeches still occurred).

Right now, the audio drop outs are constant, on both DirecTV and AppleTV. Every 10 seconds. I tried to turn on HDMI Through, sending audio/video directly to TV and skipping receiver, and now the audio drops are just occurring on TV speakers and not on surround speakers. I've replaced the HDMI cable between the set top boxes and the receiver. Haven't tried a new cable from TV to Receiver. T

Any thoughts on culprit? Receiver just going bad? A specific speaker? HDMI cables? HDMI cable to the TV? The fact that audio drop outs occur even when I turn on HDMI Through has me baffled.
post #848 of 865 Old 08-18-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafrican View Post

I've had this receiver 2 1/2 years. DirecTV, Apple TV, XBox One are all feeding into receiver via HDMI. HDMI out to Vizio. 5 speakers set up on Zone 1. Zone 2 has two oudoor speakers.

A month or so ago the audio would drop out for 1-2 seconds on multiple inputs (definitely Apple TV and DirecTV), video would remain just fine and then audio would return. During the audio dropout, the receiver display would switch from Dolby/Surround/etc to Stereo, and also from "digital" to "analog"

The audio drops would be a few minutes apart, 15 seconds apart, an hour apart, but varied. Occasionally, I'd get a loud static/screech sound over the speakers. I thought it was just a single speaker, and tried unplugging that one and leaving it unplugged but audio drop-out would still occur (and I think screeches still occurred).

Right now, the audio drop outs are constant, on both DirecTV and AppleTV. Every 10 seconds. I tried to turn on HDMI Through, sending audio/video directly to TV and skipping receiver, and now the audio drops are just occurring on TV speakers and not on surround speakers. I've replaced the HDMI cable between the set top boxes and the receiver. Haven't tried a new cable from TV to Receiver. T

Any thoughts on culprit? Receiver just going bad? A specific speaker? HDMI cables? HDMI cable to the TV? The fact that audio drop outs occur even when I turn on HDMI Through has me baffled.
I'm having the same issue. Please help!
post #849 of 865 Old 10-05-2015, 01:04 AM

Exclamation

I'm about ready to 86 this boat anchor of an amp

On my laptop, I've gone to go through and re-set the amp up (again). Here's my laptop screen for the Wiring Navi. NO TEXT at all. WTF?

Can anyone help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pioneer amp interactive screen.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	977025  
post #850 of 865 Old 12-18-2015, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
SiriusXM no longer working

Hey all!

I've been using SiriusXM without problems for a while now until the last few weeks where it is coming up with a Server Error on the iPhone app. I've gone into the web console to reset the username and password. I'm on the latest firmware and not sure what I can do.

Pandora works fine so I know Internet is okay.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Any suggestions? I've pulled the power out, waited a while and put it back but no luck.

TIA
post #851 of 865 Old 12-18-2015, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Evans View Post
Hey all!

I've been using SiriusXM without problems for a while now until the last few weeks where it is coming up with a Server Error on the iPhone app. I've gone into the web console to reset the username and password. I'm on the latest firmware and not sure what I can do.

Pandora works fine so I know Internet is okay.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Any suggestions? I've pulled the power out, waited a while and put it back but no luck.

TIA
Charles, Merry Christmas. Yes I am having issues with my Pioneer VSX-1122-k receiver. I received an e-mail back in September 30 from Sirius saying they were updating thier servers and as of October 31st, whoever hadn't updated thier firmware on thier receiver would no longer be able to listen (stream) Sirius programming. I contacted Sirius and they said it was a Pioneer issue. I contacted customer service at Pioneer, and wrote a guy named Cedric. He wrote back twice. First time was mid September, he said there was at that time no plans for software update. Then wrote back again in early November saying there was talk of a fix, but that's it. I also got another reply here on this site from someone saying Onkyo had purchased Pioneer home entertainment division, which would explain the return address from Cedric at Pioneer was actually from Onkyo eclectronics. Well here we are still waiting for a fix. I think it is a LOW priority for Onkyo/Pioneer. Since this was one major reason I bought this receiver due to being a long time subscriber to Sirius, I will never buy a home receiver from Pioneer or Onkyo again. So, no, you are not alone, as we wait to get a firmware update for Sirius. Let me know if you want the e-mail address for the Pioneer/Onkyo customer service rep. Total B.S. As far as I'm concerned. Have a great Christmas, and Happy New Year!
Charles Evans likes this.
post #852 of 865 Old 12-18-2015, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkeg View Post
Charles, Merry Christmas. Yes I am having issues with my Pioneer VSX-1122-k receiver. I received an e-mail back in September 30 from Sirius saying they were updating thier servers and as of October 31st, whoever hadn't updated thier firmware on thier receiver would no longer be able to listen (stream) Sirius programming. I contacted Sirius and they said it was a Pioneer issue. I contacted customer service at Pioneer, and wrote a guy named Cedric. He wrote back twice. First time was mid September, he said there was at that time no plans for software update. Then wrote back again in early November saying there was talk of a fix, but that's it. I also got another reply here on this site from someone saying Onkyo had purchased Pioneer home entertainment division, which would explain the return address from Cedric at Pioneer was actually from Onkyo eclectronics. Well here we are still waiting for a fix. I think it is a LOW priority for Onkyo/Pioneer. Since this was one major reason I bought this receiver due to being a long time subscriber to Sirius, I will never buy a home receiver from Pioneer or Onkyo again. So, no, you are not alone, as we wait to get a firmware update for Sirius. Let me know if you want the e-mail address for the Pioneer/Onkyo customer service rep. Total B.S. As far as I'm concerned. Have a great Christmas, and Happy New Year!
Misterkeg,

Merry Christmas to you as well. Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply. At least I'm not the only one. Really sucks that they don't seem to be keeping up to date with the streaming services the product boasted as a feature.

I don't think another email will have much impact but it's certainly worth a try. Not much else we can do at this point. Please send the email address.

Thanks again and have a great Christmas.
post #853 of 865 Old 12-20-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Evans View Post
Misterkeg,

Merry Christmas to you as well. Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply. At least I'm not the only one. Really sucks that they don't seem to be keeping up to date with the streaming services the product boasted as a feature.

I don't think another email will have much impact but it's certainly worth a try. Not much else we can do at this point. Please send the email address.

Thanks again and have a great Christmas.
Here is the e-mail address. If you hear anything new, please let me know, again Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ,, hopefully with Sirius on the receiver again. Here you go: cedric.mirville@us.onkyo.com
post #854 of 865 Old 01-08-2016, 10:43 PM

I have a VXS-1122 k about 2 years old. It functions normally with one exception: when I plug in the headphone connector, it often does not turn on the headphones.

This is how I do it.

I set the sound mode to "Stereo". I turn the sound quite low, but it's still audible. I plug in the headphone connector.

Sometimes, it doesn't respond in any way, simply continuing to play through the main speakers.

Other times, I switches to one channel of the headphones when the connector is part-way in, but switches back to the main speakers when the headphone connector is pushed in all the way.

Occasionally - perhaps once in 10 or 20 times, it functions properly, and the headphones are activated with the main speakers off.

I can hear a relay or something clicking inside the receiver when the headphones are activated.

I have tried cleaning out the headphone jack with a q-tip lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol, but it doesn't help. I've also read that sometimes the mechanism inside the headphone jack can get dusty and that it can work if air is blown vigorously through it. I've tried that as well, and to no effect.

I've switched headphones but that doesn't help either.

I've tried pushing laterally on the headphone connector, and I can feel the connector moving slightly in the jack. Often this will trigger the headphones to work and the main speakers to cut out, but unless I hold the connector pushed to one side or the other, it usually doesn't stay on.

For many people this probably wouldn't be a show-stopper, but our AV setup is next to our bedroom and I need to be able to listen later in the evening with headphones to avoid disturbing my wife.

Has anyone experienced this or something similar? If yes, were you able to fix it? Does it reasonably fixable? I suppose Pioneer probably won't cover it since it's slightly more than 2 years since we bought it.
post #855 of 865 Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 PM

Pioneer VSX-1122k Headphones won't stay on

I have a VXS-1122 k about 2 years old. It functions normally with one exception: when I plug in the headphone connector, it often does not turn on the headphones.

This is how I do it.

I set the sound mode to "Stereo". I turn the sound quite low, but it's still audible. I plug in the headphone connector.

Sometimes, it doesn't respond in any way, simply continuing to play through the main speakers.

Other times, I switches to one channel of the headphones when the connector is part-way in, but switches back to the main speakers when the headphone connector is pushed in all the way.

Occasionally - perhaps once in 10 or 20 times, it functions properly, and the headphones are activated with the main speakers off.

I can hear a relay or something clicking inside the receiver when the headphones are activated.

I have tried cleaning out the headphone jack with a q-tip lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol, but it doesn't help. I've also read that sometimes the mechanism inside the headphone jack can get dusty and that it can work if air is blown vigorously through it. I've tried that as well, and to no effect.

I've tried pushing laterally on the headphone connector, and I can feel the connector moving slightly in the jack. Often this will trigger the headphones to work and the main speakers to cut out, but unless I hold the connector pushed to one side or the other, it usually doesn't stay on.

For many people this probably wouldn't be a show-stopper, but our AV setup is next to our bedroom and I need to be able to listen later in the evening with headphones to avoid disturbing my wife.

Has anyone experienced this or something similar? If yes, were you able to fix it? Does it reasonably fixable? I suppose Pioneer probably won't cover it since it's slightly more than 2 years since we bought it.
post #856 of 865 Old 01-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shovel View Post

This is how I do it.

There is usually a tensioned tab in there. Try bending it out with a small paperclip by pouring under it back into the headphone path. If that suits not work it maybe the connection from the jack to the board.
beerhunt likes this.
post #857 of 865 Old 01-11-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
There is usually a tensioned tab in there. Try bending it out with a small paperclip by pouring under it back into the headphone path. If that suits not work it maybe the connection from the jack to the board.
Yes, I'd thought of that - "great minds think alike" (and we'll forget the corollary to that one!). I think you may be right, though.

I'll explore the possibilities . . . with a crochet hook . . . and the receiver unplugged, just in case.

Thanks - you've encouraged me to try this. We can't both be crazy, can we?? ;-)
post #858 of 865 Old 01-20-2016, 09:17 AM

So Pioneer recommended I do a reset. After not using the receiver for months, it actually worked for a couple weeks. Now, back to similar but worse issues.

Audio goes for aone or two seconds upon bootup. Then nothing. Zilch. Receiver display flickers between digital and stereo. Pioneer recommends I take it for service. Not paying some absurd price. Figure I can use HDMI Through to use the receiver as an HDMI switch so I can easily juggle inputs and just pass audio to TV. WELL, same issue. Audio on TV drops out after a second. HERE'S THE WEIRD PART. If I do Standby HDMI Through, audio and video pass through PERFECTLY when I put receiver on standby. No audio drop outs. HDMI Through with receiver on? Broke. HDMI through with receiver off? Works fine. But of course then I can't juggle inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafrican View Post

post #859 of 865 Old 02-12-2016, 08:30 PM

VSX-Volume issue

Hi i have a VSX-1122 and every 2 minutes the volume goes down by 3 dB by itself and continues to do so while the unit is on. has anyone experienced this in the past.
post #860 of 865 Old 03-29-2016, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sirius Firmware Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkeg View Post
Here is the e-mail address. If you hear anything new, please let me know, again Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ,, hopefully with Sirius on the receiver again. Here you go: cedric.mirville@us.onkyo.com
Don't hold your breath on a firmware update...

Check out my posts about this on the Onkyo 709 Thread. After complaining AGAIN on their FB page, Onkyo's offering me a Bluetooth USB dongle to use with my phone's Sirius app. They complained in their email to me that:

I also want to be clear on something. This incompatibility issue was brought upon by Sirius, not Onkyo. Sirius decided to change their software platform which turned out to be incompatible with our current format. As a service to our customers we have already presented several firmware updates for newer models as well as this current solution for other models that are yet to have an update. I'm sure you can imagine that this is time, money, and a lot of work on our part. We love and appreciate our customers which is why we decided to do something in the first place. Although from an outside perspective it seems as though we are the source of this issue, it was a decision on Sirius' behalf which caused this incompatibility in the first place.

Such BS. BTW, I've checked the Denon, Marantz and Yamaha receivers threads on AVS and find no problem with updates and Sirius works fine now.

I'll take the dongle, but for a company that used to mean quality, it's a sad time. Well, one more company to avoid.
post #861 of 865 Old 03-29-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryaz1 View Post
Don't hold your breath on a firmware update...

Check out my posts about this on the Onkyo 709 Thread. After complaining AGAIN on their FB page, Onkyo's offering me a Bluetooth USB dongle to use with my phone's Sirius app. They complained in their email to me that:

I also want to be clear on something. This incompatibility issue was brought upon by Sirius, not Onkyo. Sirius decided to change their software platform which turned out to be incompatible with our current format. As a service to our customers we have already presented several firmware updates for newer models as well as this current solution for other models that are yet to have an update. I'm sure you can imagine that this is time, money, and a lot of work on our part. We love and appreciate our customers which is why we decided to do something in the first place. Although from an outside perspective it seems as though we are the source of this issue, it was a decision on Sirius' behalf which caused this incompatibility in the first place.

Such BS. BTW, I've checked the Denon, Marantz and Yamaha receivers threads on AVS and find no problem with updates and Sirius works fine now.

I'll take the dongle, but for a company that used to mean quality, it's a sad time. Well, one more company to avoid.
So sad to hear, that to this date there is nothing new as far as a firmware update for Sirius radio. Again, I bought this unit specifically for the Sirius radio capability. Now, I may as well have bought a Yamaha! I grew up with Pioneer and wanted to stay with a company I trusted and grew up with, what a mistake. Just like everything else nowadays, with mergers and buyouts, this company is just a shell of its former self. After reading the latest post about being told by Onkyo that it's Sirius' fault for updating thier servers so they will not do a thing, many customers are left with a unit that is no longer Sirius capable. They have not had a software update since 2012. I guess it's not financially viable. From the looks of all the tech glitches posted on this site, it seems they need a lot of tweaking. I just posted on the Onkyo FB page and shared my let down. I will not buy another Pioneer/Onkyo home or Mobil product ever again and will advise my friends of my experience. Thanks for sharing barryaz1. I have since moved on to Pandora on my reciever, and my Yamaha and Denon receivers still get Sirius just fine!!
post #862 of 865 Old 03-30-2016, 08:32 PM

VSX 1122-k Firmware

I contacted pioneer support, because couldn't complete an update on my firmware.....I was doing this because I can't get any sound.
The tech guy told me that the reason I have no sound and can't update my firmware, is because my firmware is corrupted. Took it the company where I bought....they couldn't fix it...the pioneer tech told me that a internal firmware update is need with a special cable\connector. Has anybody heard of this or know where to get said cable?? Thanks
post #863 of 865 Old 03-31-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillynewfie View Post
I contacted pioneer support, because couldn't complete an update on my firmware.....I was doing this because I can't get any sound.
The tech guy told me that the reason I have no sound and can't update my firmware, is because my firmware is corrupted. Took it the company where I bought....they couldn't fix it...the pioneer tech told me that a internal firmware update is need with a special cable\connector. Has anybody heard of this or know where to get said cable?? Thanks
I just went on the Pioneer web site to get the old firmware update from way back in 2012. After reading the instructions, I downloaded the update to my USB stick and "unzipped" each of the file "bins". There should be about 4 or 5 bins, and when clicked, or opened, there should be another 4 or five files in each bin. I left it at that and inserted the USB stick in my Receiver, opened my VSX-1122-k on screen menu and selected to update software using USB. At that time, my update started. All this was on my second attempt. On my first attempt, I opened every bin, and double clicked on each file in each if the bins, then tried the update, I then got a "update corrupted" message, so I aborted and did it the way I mentioned above. As far as a special cable, or adapter, no clue as to what they are referencing. Good luck. What a hassle, too bad we can't update via wi-fi, or Ethernet, like my Pioneer and Denon units. 🤔
post #864 of 865 Old 07-26-2016, 11:52 PM

Hi, I've had this amp for a couple of years now. Today I was playing around with a couple of the settings, particularly the Dialog Effect setting. When I select this setting it seems that I can only choose OFF or FLAT. I believe I should also be able to select UP1-4. Anyone else have this problem?
post #865 of 865 Unread Today, 09:32 PM

Not sure how many are still using the 1122 but mine has developed a new problem in the last couple of months. When I turn the receiver/tv on, over 50% of the time the display is distorted/snowy/green and is unstable. This is often accompanied by loud distortion thru the TV speakers. Power cycling the receiver or the TV rectifies the problem. This also only happens from a "cold" state. I did get a new X1 cable box but this had no effect on the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K