"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #871 of 873 Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiesel View Post
I just received a Verizon Arris VMS 1100 DVR. It will not play HD through my VSX 1122K. If I force the output of the DVR to 1080i, it will work for a second and then the DVR will (I guess) automatically bump up to 1080P. My tv displays the input resolution for a few seconds and you can see it change from i to p. Then, all it will put out to the TV is flashing green lines.

I can go direct from the DVR to the TV in any resolution with no problems. Is this just the VSX 1122K's inability to process new DVR's or is there a setting I've missed?

Thanks,

Jo
To answer my own question, I received an answer back from Pioneer. They said the VMS 1100 DVR outputs in HDCP 2.2 and the VSX 1122's hardware is not compatible. Bummer....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 873 Old 09-29-2017, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiesel View Post
To answer my own question, I received an answer back from Pioneer. They said the VMS 1100 DVR outputs in HDCP 2.2 and the VSX 1122's hardware is not compatible. Bummer....
I think that the SC-9x vintage AVRs were the first ones to have HDCP 2.2 AND HDR but NO DV. The prior year had 2.2 for 4K but nothing else. The following year has DV.
post #873 of 873 Old 10-03-2017, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So first of all, iOS11 means you have to switch from iControlAV 2012 to iControlAV5 which is UUUUUGGLLY and makes selecting Zone 2 a ball ache. Also, on the App store it doesn't mention VSX-1122 as a compatible amp for Oceania, which it is.

Yes- I am in Oceania (New Zealand, to be precise) - the region AV tech forgot.

The local firmware for the VSX-1122 doesn't support Spotify. Pandora has just pulled out of the country and we have never had Sirius.

My question is whether downloading the US firmware and installing it would give me (a) Spotify; or (b) A big black brick. Would I need to always connect via a VPN faking a US IP address?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page