Audio "profiles" with Onkyo HT-RC360 or Yamaha RX-V567? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-08-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have perhaps an odd requirement for my basement AV area.

In general, we use that area for TV, Movies, and gaming. My Onkyo HT-RC360 is set up down there and optimized for these uses. I also have a Yamaha RX-V567 in another TV area.

But then 3 or 4 times a week, my wife and/or I pop down to spend 30-60 mins on the treadmill and elliptical.

Our exercise equipment is directly under the left rear (ceiling-installed) speaker and I have to either:
1. adjust the speaker level across all speakers to a pretty high level so we can hear it while working out, which you can hear all through the house
or
2. go into the OSD menu and configure things to boost the LR channel itself from the typical -4 to +10, then remember to set it back when we're done, otherwise the audio is terrible the next time someone wants to watch TV

I'm looking for a way (ideally with my current equipment, but I've dug through the manuals and don't see an obvious way to do this) to set up an "audio profile" for the regular use and another profile for the exercising and then have a simple way to pop back and forth.

Does such an option exist in my equipment and I've simply missed it?

Does such an option exist in other AVR equipment and perhaps this justifies yet another piece of equipment??

Is there another way you might suggest configuring things to achieve this goal? I have considered an alternative involving the installation of 2 more ceiling-mounted speakers (or a single dual-channel one) and then tying that into a really basic amp, then using that as Zone 2 from the Onkyo etc but that is my last-ditch option since it is $$ and nontrivial.

Thanks!!

Onkyo HT-RC360

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350

Pionoeer KRP-500M KURO

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V567 Receiver , Onkyo Ht Rc360 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page