WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE B&K REFERENCE 7250 SERIES II? I - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE B&K REFERENCE 7250 SERIES II? I have this one and I do not think too many compair; my Parasound HCV 2200II seems a good two channel amplifier, yet, after five years, it developed a right channel hum, which I jad serviced for $288 last year, while the B&K, being five channels has been problem free. I am considering having it cleaned, and maybe some caps replaced, as it is older. Nevertheless, I have more confidence it the older US made gear, barring some great quality made in Japan. The amplifier does not quite have as much power as some claim, it puts put about 180 watts in all 5 channels and will increase about 1 ½ into 4 ohms, yet is very stable, even as low as 2 ohms.
It is surly not the same as a Krell KSA 250, or even the 150, then I do not think the new multichannel Krell will double power when impendence is half, all the way to 1 ohm, or even 2 ohms? I’m not saying B&K is better, I am saying it is a fairly high current multichannel amplifier, which holds well with the new competition, at a fraction on cost. I look at a nice Proceed on eBay, but would it be worth the extra cost?
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 90
is there a point to the above post? confused.gif

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #3 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 329
I always thought "Ramble On" was a great Zeppelin tune.

For every new thing I learn, I forget two things I used to know.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do not understand? I thought this was for conversation on audio and video? What would be wrong with my having a preference for something? I am asking if others like the B&K gear, not about music. I am also nearly 70 years old, maybe too much an old timer, but I sure have done much with audio! Why then be silly? You do not know about the subject, you could always tell me what you like and we have conversation.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors