My Onk 605 appears to have given up. A few months back I posted that there was no HDMI output to my new Epson 8350 until the receiver was on for about 10 minutes. So, I'd just leave the AVR running 24/7 and had no problems. But, went into the theater tonight to watch a movie with the kids and I get nothing on any input. Plugged the Bluray directly into the PJ and all is good. So, HDMI out gave up. So, looks like I'm in the hunt for a new AVR.
Now, for some reason up here in Canada we're still getting raped on electronics and vehicles even though the dollar has been floating around par for two years or more, so I'm looking in the price range of a Dennon AVR-2112CI, which goes for about $750 CDN on Bestbuy.ca. I'd like to spend less, obviously, but in typical fashion, want big boom for my buck. Here's the current setup:
- 5.1 configuration using Ascend Accoustics CMT-340 front stage and matching surrounds
- Epson 8350 projector
- THT sub powered by Behringer EP-2500 (and Behringer feedback destroyer for sub EQ duties)
- Blu-ray player, XBMC media center using HDMI
- Local cable provider (composite)
- Everything goes into the AVR (HDMI, Composite, etc) and comes out HDMI... no input switching at the PJ
- Audessey EQ
I'd like to stick with a 7.1 or maybe 7.2 AVR. I don't want to lose any features offered in the 605, but I don't think that's much of a concern since it's 5 years old. I'm considering:
Those 3 are based solely on a cursory glance at Visions and Bestbuy sites. I've had good luck with Pioneer in the past as well, and considering my Onkyo is done in a mere 5 years, it may be a bit lower on the list now.!!! HELP !!!