Anthem MRX-700? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-16-2012, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question that is not necessarily Anthem related, but I am considering this receiver because of what I read about it's sonic excellence.

If I read the specs correctly, this receiver is 7.1 and I am wondering , what am I giving up vs a 9.1 or 11.1 system. I know the obvious, but as far as a surround experience, will I really notice the difference?

This may be a very dumb question, but please humor me and let me know, in the long run, is this really a consideration I should be careful of.

Thanks for your help,
Lon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Do you anticipate ever having a 9.1 or 11.1 setup? Personally I know I'll never have anything but 5.2, partly because the majority of TV/movie mixes is by far 5.1, but also because I don't want to dedicate the sort of space necessary for anything more than that. My Denon 4311 could do 9 or 11 channels I think but it'll never happen. At most I would have the 5.2 and then maybe a separate zone or two elsewhere (i.e. kitchen, patio), so keep that in mind as a possibility also.

I almost bought an Anthem but then the price on the 4311 dropped I could resist. Call me crazy, but part of what appealed to me about the Anthem lineup was how simple they are and how few features they have. I really like my Denon, but I feel some of its potential is wasted on me.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page