Denon 4520 specs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Found this website, but not sure how much validity it has to it? Can anyone confirm these specs? I don't see Neo:X in those specs frown.gif But maybe there will be more to it once it is officially revealed. This site says that will happen in October.. Any confirmation on that as well?

http://www.avland.co.uk/aasp/denon/1220/avr4520/avr-4520.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked: 1699
This link and any up to date info is being tracked in the following thread ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1368799/when-do-the-2013-denons-come-out-any-new-features-we-should-expect

Note also that AVLand doesn't always post accurate information. Denon should be releasing spec info in August with the release of the AVR in Sep in the USA.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 9 Old 09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Kid

Liked: 10
Dear friends from AVSForum;
does anyone know which video processor Denon uses in the 4520? HQV? QDeo? A proprietary solution? I think the audio features of this receiver are amazing (Audissey MultiEQ XT32, SubEQ and LFC - very useful for those who live in an apartament - my case!), but I'm worried about video performance - it seems the Onkyos are way better when it comes to video...
Thanx a lot!
Luis Alberto
Brazil

KID
Colorado Doente
post #4 of 9 Old 09-11-2012, 03:32 AM
585-645-1006

It's more than likely using the same chip as is installed on the 3313CI which is the Analog Devices ADV 8003.

For more information on the 4520CI, review the following thread ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1368799/when-do-the-2013-denons-come-out-any-new-features-we-should-expect/0_100

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #5 of 9 Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post

does anyone know which video processor Denon uses in the 4520? HQV? QDeo? A proprietary solution? I think the audio features of this receiver are amazing (Audissey MultiEQ XT32, SubEQ and LFC - very useful for those who live in an apartament - my case!), but I'm worried about video performance - it seems the Onkyos are way better when it comes to video...
Thanx a lot!
Luis Alberto
Brazil

got "real" test results for that? or just commentary from a "reviewer" who constantly humps the onkyo video processing while ignoring the fact that it has issues with frame dropping? and then goes on to say that the "best" way is always to pass it native to the display anyway?

fwiw... no vp in any avr is "way better" in "real world viewing" than anything else in any modern equipment... want "way better" processing? buy an external video processor... and don't even bother with that route (for scaling/deinterlacing, anyway) if you haven't got a "big" (read: 100" or larger projection screen) display...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #6 of 9 Old 09-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Thanx a lot!
Luis Alberto
Brazil

One of the reviewers noted that Onkyo's 1080i to 1080 p processing was better than the Denon4311.  I appreciate his own direct viewing comparison between these models but I wonder how many others without doing direct comparisons side by side would even notice this on real world viewing?   Or for that matter, how much visible improvment on typical viewing of a Lumagen or DVDO add from 1080i to 1080p over and above the internal VP of higher end Onkyo or Denon?

post #7 of 9 Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Kid

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

It's more than likely using the same chip as is installed on the 3313CI which is the Analog Devices ADV 8003.
For more information on the 4520CI, review the following thread ....
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1368799/when-do-the-2013-denons-come-out-any-new-features-we-should-expect/0_100

Thank you very much for the info! smile.gif
I'm sorry to ask you another question, but do you know if the Analog Devices ADV 8003 is a good video solution, or how does it compare to HQV or QDeo?
Thanx a lot! smile.gif
Luis Alberto
Brazil

KID
Colorado Doente
post #8 of 9 Old 09-11-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
^^^

not familiar with the recent dvdo offerings, but for the edge i was a beta tester for, nothing really (that doesn't mean it's not useful for calibrating)...

as far as the lumagen... not necessarily on the deinterlacing side (although the deinterlacing on the lumagen definitely does not suck) but on the scaling side, yes... on an appropriately sized screen at an appropriate distance, the "no ring" scaling algorithms produce a positive difference "worth" spending for, especially if you are of a mind to use the calibration tools that also come with the unit... the difference is VERY evident on my 110" screen, but not nearly as much so on my 60" display...

deinterlacing was what seperated the men from the boys for a long time... however, virtually all chips use some type of adaptive deinterlacing techniques now, and that has significantly closed the gap...
Kid likes this.

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #9 of 9 Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Thank you very much for the info! smile.gif
I'm sorry to ask you another question, but do you know if the Analog Devices ADV 8003 is a good video solution, or how does it compare to HQV or QDeo?
Thanx a lot! smile.gif
Luis Alberto
Brazil

This question is better asked in the Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig to get the impression of the chip's capability from the 3313CI owners that have posted in that thread.
Kid likes this.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page