Denon AVR-391 and Harmony One Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2012, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I lost my remote for my Denon AVR-391. I have tried many things in the configuration software, and I cannot figure out how to get the up and down arrows to work. For example, I go into Test and hear the static in the left front speaker, I can never get it to switch to a different speaker. I then try the Menu | Speaker Setup | Speaker Config and I get Front Small. I can use left and right arrows to change between Small and Large, but the Up and Down buttons do not change which speaker or zone I am dealing with as the manual says it should. I have also tried the up/down volume, up down above the 4-way control pad, and any other keys I thought might work. No change on the receiver.

Since I cannot find my original Denon remote control, is there any way to configure my Harmony One remote to control it, or alternately set things up from the front panel of the receiver? I really do not want to purchase a new Denon remote just to train my Harmony One.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
You should be able to download the 391 remote codes to your Harmony from the Logitech website.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are no "codes" per'se to download. I have configured it through both the thick client and the web-based application. In both cases, it shows that the up and down arrows are defined by the database. So, they are not blank, like unidentified commands, they are supposedly in the database. I also turn every component off and go into Devices, and just power up the receiver from the on-screen command, and then go into the menu on the Denon, and once in, can use the left / right, but not the up/down.

The Up/down does work with my guide with DirecTV, so I know it is not a hardware issue.

As far as numeric codes for the remote, like back in the old days, there is nowhere in the Logitech software to enter in any codes.

I called Logitech, and after 5 minutes of verifying who I was, they stated that I bought it in 2010 and it would be $29.95 for support. I figure I will spend another hour or so on Google, and if needed, just buy a new Denon remote and train the Harmony. I am just afraid that if I pay the $30, I will end up with an answer like "buy the Denon remote and train the Harmony."

If anyone knows how to get this working without buying the remote, please let me know.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page