Yamaha RXV 671 Audio Settings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2012, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I recently purchased the Yamaha RXV-671 receiver and I am new to the whole Home theater world. The receiver is connected to 5 Klipsch Architectural speakers and a Klipsch RPW-10 SubW. I Did the YPAO configuration as instructed in the manual and all speakers work fine. When I am watching HD content from Netflix or so, connected through a HDMI cable, no Sound Field setting (like Dolby ProLogic Movie, Dolby ProLogic Music, Hall in Vienna, Hall in Munich, etc) produces a theater effect. Hardly anything comes out of the Sub. Even the sound from the other speaker are kind of weak, with nothing at all from the rear speakers. But if I select 7ch stereo, every speaker works fine, which proves that all speakers are wired correctly and works well. But, I didn't setup all this to listen to music and watch movies in 7 ch stereo! I am not sure what audio setting to choose when I am watching a HD movie or listening to some music from my iPhone! Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Try a DVD or Blu-ray? Streaming movies are heavily compressed and therefore do not have 5.1 soundtracks often. It depends on your streaming source as to whether or not the sound will be in 5.1 and whether it will closely mimic that of its disc-based counterpart.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:26 AM

What's the Netflix coming out of?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Liked: 1748
The fact that you're seeing "Dolby Pro Logic" as a selectable surround mode means the source is only sending a stereo 2.0 audio track. Have you run YPAO yet? After doing so, make sure all speakers are set to SMALL with minimum of 80hz crossovers which will ensure the sub plays all content below 80hz, whether a movie, TV broadcast, or music.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Netflix is streaming from an Apple TV.