post #272 of 1042 Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1373 Post(s)
Liked: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadlersberg View Post

ok i ran calibration and my front speakers were set to large and now i dont get bass from sub, is it ok to set fronts to small after the calibration?

Yes. Also raise the crossovers up to 80Hz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadlersberg View Post

is it worth it to bi amp sr7007?

Many would say no real benefit.
dadlersberg likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #273 of 1042 Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my new SR7007 a few days ago and got it all hooked up, let me tell you I am very impressed with the overall sound quality of the unit compared to my last receiver. The only problem I am having, which I am curious if anybody else has had any issues with this, anyway, when I am watching TV through the cable box every 5-10 seconds (depending on the camera position during the broadcast) the picture gets pixilated like its trying to catch up or something, the pixilation only lasts less than a second. This problem only seems to happen when watching sports. I have checked all other tv's in my house that are on same program and they do not do this. I had a Yamaha RX-V565 previous to the Marantz and it did not have this problem at all using the same components (TV, cable box, HDMI cables) I don't know whats going on, I am not using cheap HDMI cables, I am either running Monster or Audioquest (low to mid level cables) I even tried switching them to see if it was the cable causing the problem. I also have tried switching HDMI channels in the back to see if it was the CBL/SAT channel that was causing it. Nothing has worked. Does anybody have any ideas? Is it a setting issue on my receiver? Do I need better quality HDMI's, do you think its a problem with the Receiver, could it be a interference issue? Any input would be much appreciated!! Thanks.

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
post #274 of 1042 Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM

ok ... Thanks i'll try it.
post #275 of 1042 Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post

I just got my new SR7007 a few days ago and got it all hooked up, let me tell you I am very impressed with the overall sound quality of the unit compared to my last receiver. The only problem I am having, which I am curious if anybody else has had any issues with this, anyway, when I am watching TV through the cable box every 5-10 seconds (depending on the camera position during the broadcast) the picture gets pixilated like its trying to catch up or something, the pixilation only lasts less than a second. This problem only seems to happen when watching sports. I have checked all other tv's in my house that are on same program and they do not do this. I had a Yamaha RX-V565 previous to the Marantz and it did not have this problem at all using the same components (TV, cable box, HDMI cables) I don't know whats going on, I am not using cheap HDMI cables, I am either running Monster or Audioquest (low to mid level cables) I even tried switching them to see if it was the cable causing the problem. I also have tried switching HDMI channels in the back to see if it was the CBL/SAT channel that was causing it. Nothing has worked. Does anybody have any ideas? Is it a setting issue on my receiver? Do I need better quality HDMI's, do you think its a problem with the Receiver, could it be a interference issue? Any input would be much appreciated!! Thanks.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_L11

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #276 of 1042 Old 01-13-2013, 03:58 PM

Right before I read this I found the settings for i/p scaler and changed it over to HDMI, that seems to have taken care of the problem, thank you!!!! I'm so happy!!!

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
post #277 of 1042 Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 AM

Thanks jdsmoothie for your response. It is the network control that made the standby light orange. All makes sense now. Loving my 7007 and the sound with my B&W 683's is fantastic.
post #278 of 1042 Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 AM

Hey,

I am considering this receiver for a pair of ProAc Studio 140 mk2, which in themselves are a bit bright/forward sounding.

Does anyone here know anything about the combination ProAc + Marantz? And to the ones owning the 7007, would you describe the sound as more bright/forward/harsh or leaning towards smooth/laid back/warm?

Another option is the Onkyo 1010.

I think cant audition the combination with the ProAcs where I live so I am curious to hear what you guys think.
post #279 of 1042 Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 PM

Liked: 16
Finally getting my 7007 dialed in. Just a couple questions. Should I turn the ip scaler off or on for my bluerays and my directv ( both Hdmi). Also the display doesn't say lfe even with lfe content. Only way the display says lfe is if I hit status. It says IN then displays lfe. So basically I asking when displaying out should it say lfe?
post #280 of 1042 Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
585-645-1006

Whether you use the AVR's scaler or not is a personal choice only you can decide. Not sure about the LFE icon, although the manual implies only speakers are lighted whereas the LFE would be INput signal only. Perhaps another owner can confirm?

post #281 of 1042 Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMJ View Post

CypherMK, its my understanding that the high hiss ground floor noise is not specific to marantz. This is a common problem, especially if you have sensitive speakers. Power dependent, etc. For instance read through the amp threads, more recently discussed in the XPA-5 emotiva thread. The tweeter hiss is quite common so I would say definitely NOT a normal marantz issue. Other more people could definitely chime in to support these claims.

I also noticed that when enabling audissey the hiss sound gets louder. It is even audible from my surround speakers (2m distance from listening position) when it is quiet.

I have phonar veritas p5 front speakers, phonar m3 surround, phonar c3 centre, phonar s7 subwoofer hooked up to my receiver. Speakers are rated at 92 dB/1w/1m
post #282 of 1042 Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 PM

hi. i was thinking about returning sr7007 for yamaha rx a2020. i thing i'm missing something in the sound paired with b&w 684 ,htm62 and 686 . i had a yamaha before i got the sr7007 and i think the sound was better. Any suggestions ?
post #283 of 1042 Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 PM

Hi,

I tried some remote apps for this receiver the other day and it works pretty good. I tried the original marantz app and avr remote with my galaxy s2.

Now I'd like to know if there is a PC version of this kind of software? I couldn't find any.
post #284 of 1042 Old 01-21-2013, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello. I am considering purchase of a new SR7007 to replace my Pioneer SC-35 and I had a few questions I'm hoping you can answer. First, can the HDMI inputs and other inputs be named and can they be assigned? For instance, can a composite video input be assigned to a digital input, or can the multi-channel analog input be assigned to an HDMI input? I have an LD player which has to be connected to 2 of the receiver's composite video inputs and then, hopefully, assigned digital connections for playback of AC-3 (Dolby digital) and standard LDs with stereo digital sound. Also, does the Audessy speaker set-up require one to take measurements from several different locations in the room, or is one spot (the sweet spot) OK? And finally, since there in an internal scaler (which one?) does it scale everything which comes in, or just analog video and does it scale only for the HDMI out or for the composite out as well? Thanks! Any other advice or tips your might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.
post #285 of 1042 Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMJ View Post

CypherMK, its my understanding that the high hiss ground floor noise is not specific to marantz. This is a common problem, especially if you have sensitive speakers. Power dependent, etc. For instance read through the amp threads, more recently discussed in the XPA-5 emotiva thread. The tweeter hiss is quite common so I would say definitely NOT a normal marantz issue. Other more people could definitely chime in to support these claims.
Lots of amplifiers, in receivers or otherwise, generate a little noise or hiss as some call it. It you can only hear this when your ear is right next to the tweeter, it's really a non-issue. In other words..."fuggetaboutit!"
post #286 of 1042 Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

Hello. I am considering purchase of a new SR7007 to replace my Pioneer SC-35 and I had a few questions I'm hoping you can answer. First, can the HDMI inputs and other inputs be named and can they be assigned? For instance, can a composite video input be assigned to a digital input, or can the multi-channel analog input be assigned to an HDMI input? I have an LD player which has to be connected to 2 of the receiver's composite video inputs and then, hopefully, assigned digital connections for playback of AC-3 (Dolby digital) and standard LDs with stereo digital sound. Also, does the Audessy speaker set-up require one to take measurements from several different locations in the room, or is one spot (the sweet spot) OK? And finally, since there in an internal scaler (which one?) does it scale everything which comes in, or just analog video and does it scale only for the HDMI out or for the composite out as well? Thanks! Any other advice or tips your might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

HDMI, digital, and component video inputs can be named and assigned, while the other analog inputs cannot be assigned (ie. composite video, multi channel analog); however, you would be able to connect the LD with composite video and assign the optical/digital coax to that same composite video source name and then changing the audio to "Digital". The mic measurements are best taken using all 8 mic positions centered within a 2'-3' radius around the #1 mic position (ie. sweet spot). The unit uses an Analog Devices video chip which can upscale analog and HDMI video resolutions to HDMI output only.

post #287 of 1042 Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I seem to be getting conflicting information regarding DSD decoding. Some spec sheets say the 7007 does decode DSD from SACD through HDMI and some others say the 7007 doesn't. I currently use a SR7005 and I am considering the upgrade to the SR7007 if indeed it does decode DSD through HDMI from let's say my Oppo BDP83. Also, the 7007 does decode HD flac (192kHz/24bit) where my current 7005 only decodes 96kHz/24bit FLAC files...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #288 of 1042 Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaragd View Post

I seem to be getting conflicting information regarding DSD decoding. Some spec sheets say the 7007 does decode DSD from SACD through HDMI and some others say the 7007 doesn't. I currently use a SR7005 and I am considering the upgrade to the SR7007 if indeed it does decode DSD through HDMI from let's say my Oppo BDP83. Also, the 7007 does decode HD flac (192kHz/24bit) where my current 7005 only decodes 96kHz/24bit FLAC files...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Usually the best reference for this kind of information is the owners manual pdf -- so you can search for it. The SR7007's manual is freely downloadable from the Marantz web site.

The SR7007 does support DSD over HDMI, but it cannot apply Audyssey to a DSD input signal.
See the table and footnote 10 on page 164.

Selden
post #289 of 1042 Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 PM

Just wondering do you guys have home theater EQ on or off?
post #290 of 1042 Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebreeze View Post

Just wondering do you guys have home theater EQ on or off?

Alwasy Off, I have noticed it cuts off frequencies. I also use internal Equalizer that seems to provide the cleanest sound.
post #291 of 1042 Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 430
The phrase and settings for "Home Theater EQ" in the 7007's manual are very misleading. As best I can tell, it does not refer to Audyssey room equalization at all. Instead, it is referring to applying a high-frequency roll-off filter which often is needed for movie soundtracks which were mixed for use in a large commercial theater. Commercial movie soundtracks have an intentional enhancement of the highest frequencies in order to compensate for the high-frequency absorption provided by all those large sacks of water occupying the many rows of seating. wink.gif

Selden
post #292 of 1042 Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 AM

Hi Guys, I'm trying to figure out a way to utilize my zone 3. I have my Adcom amp plugged into zone 2 using a speaker selector to power the multi room to my other speakers. What I'd like to do is watch TV while listening to a CD. Is there a way to do this? Obviously everything is hooked in the AVR . so when i switch from SAT to CD my monitor goes off. Thx
post #293 of 1042 Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I just got a SR7007. I have two questions:

1.) There is no manual in the box. Is this normal. I bought it new from an authorized dealer.

2.) How can I configure the HMDI, so that it is always on? I am driving the receiver with a HTPC and have two displays. When I switch off the receiver the displays get switched around.
post #294 of 1042 Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
585-645-1006

1. Yup. D&M has been providing a CD with the Owner manual in .pdf format for several years now.
2. If by "always on" you mean setting up the HDMI Standby pass through feature, you must set HDMI Control (p.121 OM) to ON and also set the Standby Source (p. 121 OM) to the HDMI source name you want to pass through to the TV.

post #295 of 1042 Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

The phrase and settings for "Home Theater EQ" in the 7007's manual are very misleading. As best I can tell, it does not refer to Audyssey room equalization at all. Instead, it is referring to applying a high-frequency roll-off filter which often is needed for movie soundtracks which were mixed for use in a large commercial theater. Commercial movie soundtracks have an intentional enhancement of the highest frequencies in order to compensate for the high-frequency absorption provided by all those large sacks of water occupying the many rows of seating. wink.gif

+1

The normal Audyssey curve already does this so there should be no reason to apply the feature twice using this setting.

post #296 of 1042 Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelly View Post

Hi Guys, I'm trying to figure out a way to utilize my zone 3. I have my Adcom amp plugged into zone 2 using a speaker selector to power the multi room to my other speakers. What I'd like to do is watch TV while listening to a CD. Is there a way to do this? Obviously everything is hooked in the AVR . so when i switch from SAT to CD my monitor goes off. Thx

Your post is a bit confusing. confused.gif

Is your Zone 3 in the same room? Do you have another Adcom amp for Zone 3? If you simply want to watch TV sat box video while listening to the CD audio in the same main zone, then you will want to either connect the Sat box (HMDI) directly to the TV with optical to the AVR or in addition to the HDMI to the AVR, connect a component video cable to the AVR from the Sat box and then while the CD source is playing, use the Video Source feature (p. 129 OM).

post #297 of 1042 Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

1. Yup. D&M has been providing a CD with the Owner manual in .pdf format for several years now.
2. If by "always on" you mean setting up the HDMI Standby pass through feature, you must set HDMI Control (p.121 OM) to ON and also set the Standby Source (p. 121 OM) to the HDMI source name you want to pass through to the TV.

Thanks.

I followed the instructions for the HDMI. I did not achieve the goal yet. Although I have power control disabled, there is some funky stuff going on.
A simple test:
- switch off receiver and observe video out on HDMI
- after switching off the receiver, the HDMI out is going out for a while, making the display hunting for inputs
- a little bit later, the receiver outputs again on the HDMI out (with receiver still off)

The output stays kind off on. However, the brief off period is a problem for my HTPC.
post #298 of 1042 Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I have a second setup problem. I have a VCR (don't ask why) in my media cabinet with a composite video out.
I connected it in the rear to the "Media Player" composite in and stereo in. I only get sound. The display shows "Marantz"
Started to play around. I connected the VCR video to any other composite in. In the back and front. All others do work.
Is there anything special about "media player"? Or is my unit bad?
post #299 of 1042 Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 PM
585-645-1006

The "Media Player" input is no different than any of the other composite video "inputs"; however, make sure you didn't plug in to the Media Player "output" jack.

post #300 of 1042 Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

The "Media Player" input is no different than any of the other composite video "inputs"; however, make sure you didn't plug in to the Media Player "output" jack.

User error. I had the video input select on DVD. Setting it to Default makes it work.

Just need to figure out the HDMI and I am good to go.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr7007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page