Forum Jump: 

post #1051 of 1064 Old 10-31-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
too bad.

Can I get an adapter to connect the iPad to the receiver to get video?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1064 Old 11-04-2014, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I read in the Paradigm manual about vertical bi amping where one amp is dedicated to one speaker and another amp dedicated to another speaker. I just received cables and am ready to try this with my SR7007 only there is no diagram on where to connect the speaker cables. It does show how to connect for horizontal bi amping though.

Do any of you know how to do this for vertical bi amping?

If I connect one amp to the left speaker and one to the right speaker how does the SR7007 know that the "Front A" amp is the left speaker and the "Surround Back" is the right speaker?

Thanks!

Last edited by DavidPalermo; 11-04-2014 at 08:44 PM.
post #1053 of 1064 Old 11-05-2014, 04:21 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1818 Post(s)
Liked: 1716
^^
Vertical bi-amping using the 7007 amps is nothing more than connecting the speaker posts normally (ie. no bi-amping), rather you would need to connect the FL/FR pre-outs to external amps to achieve your goal, although not likely to provide any benefit.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #1054 of 1064 Old 11-05-2014, 12:24 PM

Ok I am just trying to get as much as I can out of this 7007 and Paradigms. Right now it sounds very nice at louder volumes 52-62 or so. I have them bi-amped (horiz) now and it seems like I don't have to turn volume up that high to have a nice full sound since I bi-amped them. I'm not sure if that is the placebo effect or not yet.

I still need to run Audyssey - right now it's off and music sounds very good. Here is what the Paradigm manual says:

"Bi-wire Connection (Fig. 7b)
Bi-wiring can improve clarity and openness, with less grain and more solidity to the bass. Two cables are required for each speaker that you bi-wire.

Bi-amp Connection (Fig. 7c)
Passive bi-amping offers a dramatic improvement in clarity, openness and detail, with much better bass solidity and definition. The presentation of music and movie soundtracks is simply more intelligible and transparent.
With passive bi-amping, the speaker’s internal passive crossovers remain connected. An external electronic crossover is not required and cannot be used (there is no direct electrical access to individual drive units). This saves expense and setup difficulties. Passive bi-amping optimizes your speaker to achieve the best possible high-end performance. To bi-amplify, two power amplifiers are required. Connection can be either vertical or horizontal.

IMPORTANT! When bi-amping, always use amplifiers with identical gain. If uniform amplifier gain is not maintained the speaker-to-speaker balance will be incorrect when vertically bi-amped, or the speaker system’s frequency balance will be incorrect when horizontally bi-amped. To prevent problems use identical amplifiers (Brand and Model) and in identical operating modes (single channel or bridged).

Vertical Bi-amplification dedicates one amplifier to each speaker. This configuration provides complete channel separation, which optimizes your system’s imaging ability. Connect your speakers to one amplifier at a time.

Horizontal Bi-amplification dedicates one amplifier to your speakers’ mid/ low-frequency inputs and another to their high-frequency inputs. This con- figuration can maintain better clarity when listening at loud levels—if low- frequency demands cause amplifier clipping, distortion will still be kept away from high-frequency drivers. Connect your speakers to one amplifier at a time."
post #1055 of 1064 Old 11-05-2014, 12:29 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Placebo .. but if you believe they sound better ... so be it ... it's your setup.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #1056 of 1064 Old 11-05-2014, 12:36 PM

Seriously!? Hmmmm.... why do people lie about something that can be tested. Not just with ears but with sound instruments. I don't get it. I would think this could be verified scientifically as to how much sound is being put out (or not) as a result of bi-amping. That would settle things.

As for the subjective quality of sound, yes that is in the eye of the beholder of course. I understand that.

Frustrating. Thanks JDSmoothie.
post #1057 of 1064 Old 11-05-2014, 12:43 PM
585-645-1006

^^
It has been tested, which is why the response. There's only one power supply so just because you connect two sets of wires doesn't mean the speakers can draw more power. Truly effective "bi-amping" consists of using individual external crossovers and amps for each set of speaker posts. The AVR simply uses the same power supply to send the same signal to each set of speaker posts which then use the speaker's internal crossover.

post #1058 of 1064 Old 11-05-2014, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was possible on the Marantz SR7007 to play audio from one source and video from another (e.g. I want to play my ps4, but for audio I want the receiver to play from my bluetooth receiver). Tried looking for answers to no avail.

Thanks for the help!
post #1059 of 1064 Old 11-05-2014, 04:26 PM
585-645-1006

^^
This would only work if it's possible to connect the audio source via optical/digital coax/analog using the same source name as the HDMI video source such that while playing the PS4 you would change the INPUT MODE to Digital or analog as appropriate.
rbajwa13 likes this.

post #1060 of 1064 Old 11-06-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
It has been tested, which is why the response. There's only one power supply so just because you connect two sets of wires doesn't mean the speakers can draw more power. Truly effective "bi-amping" consists of using individual external crossovers and amps for each set of speaker posts. The AVR simply uses the same power supply to send the same signal to each set of speaker posts which then use the speaker's internal crossover.
Ok now we are getting somewhere! Who tested it and is there a write up about that?

Thanks!

David
post #1061 of 1064 Old 11-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cool Play video and audio from different sources

How do I configure the Sr7007 to allow video source from one input and audio to all 7.1 speakers from a different source.

I have a play room that I'd like to play my tunes while adults are playing pool, while the kids play video games on the TV.

I read the zone configuration and it seems like it will only work on two speakers.

I bought the 7.2 HSU speaker package. Great speakers and subwoofer by the way!

Thank You for any advice in advance.

Long time reader... First time post
post #1062 of 1064 Old 11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 78
^^I think you would grab an unused input, and assign the video source as HDMI (video game) and the audio source Digital x (the music)...?
post #1063 of 1064 Old 11-11-2014, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just read jdsmoothie approach as well, both sound possible.
post #1064 of 1064 Old 11-12-2014, 05:10 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by interfear View Post
How do I configure the Sr7007 to allow video source from one input and audio to all 7.1 speakers from a different source.

I have a play room that I'd like to play my tunes while adults are playing pool, while the kids play video games on the TV.

I read the zone configuration and it seems like it will only work on two speakers.

I bought the 7.2 HSU speaker package. Great speakers and subwoofer by the way!

Thank You for any advice in advance.

Long time reader... First time post
There are a couple of ways to do it depending on the video source:

1. HDMI video source - External audio source cannot be another HDMI input or networking source; however, if using an external audio source, ensure it is using the same input source name (eg.Blu Ray) and then change the INPUT MODE for the HDMI video source to either "Digital" or "Analog" depending on the connection used to the AVR.

2. Analog video source - With the music source selected, using the Option - Video Source setting (p. 129 Owner's manual), select the analog video source

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr7007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page