Marantz SR7007 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 40 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 01:32 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3934 Post(s)
Liked: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNDT View Post
Bump this post forward because I’m having the same problem. Any ideas of what is wrong?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Most likely your FL/FR speakers are set to LARGE so that when receiving 2CH audio from a turntable, there is no LFE signal to go to the sub as there is with multi channel audio DD/DTS 5.1. If in Manual Setup you set your FL/FR speakers to SMALL/80Hz, the sub will always be active regardless of whether playing multi channel audio or simply 2CH audio from your turntable.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 04-16-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

For some bizarre reason my On Screen Display has decided to stop working but only when I switch to the Blu Ray input. However the screen still displays the set up page if I click this button.

I've checked the obvious human errors such as making sure the On Screen Info is switched to "On" and volume display etc.

Is there something which I'm stupidly missing?

TIA
post #1173 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 08:45 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj731 View Post
Hi all,

For some bizarre reason my On Screen Display has decided to stop working but only when I switch to the Blu Ray input. However the screen still displays the set up page if I click this button.

I've checked the obvious human errors such as making sure the On Screen Info is switched to "On" and volume display etc.

Is there something which I'm stupidly missing?

TIA
The "Video Conversion" setting (p. 122 Owner's manual) must be ON for the Blu Ray source for the OSD/GUI to overlay on the source video.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #1174 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
You received really bad advice. Audyssey works whether using the internal or external amps.

Nice so if I understand you....I do not lose one function or option of this avr by running a preout into another amp for my FR FL towers.. No matter what im doing or adjusting? sorry just want to be clear.....like I said im green as green here..

u mentioned running the towers small,...I tried that last evening..and didn't hear any difference at all whatsoever.

with my original post in mind....what galls me a lil ...is my friends store bought surround system with a tiny sub, has way more bass sound at low levels than my much more expensive system with a huge sub. Yes its not bad once your above 50 on the volume...but under that an its non exsistant.
post #1175 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
JDSmoothie, you are worth your weight in gold! Thank you! Sincerely appreciated.
post #1176 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiejm View Post
Nice so if I understand you....I do not lose one function or option of this avr by running a preout into another amp for my FR FL towers.. No matter what im doing or adjusting? sorry just want to be clear.....like I said im green as green here..

u mentioned running the towers small,...I tried that last evening..and didn't hear any difference at all whatsoever.

with my original post in mind....what galls me a lil ...is my friends store bought surround system with a tiny sub, has way more bass sound at low levels than my much more expensive system with a huge sub. Yes its not bad once your above 50 on the volume...but under that an its non exsistant.
1. Correct, doesn't matter if using internal or external amps .. you can run Audyssey either way. Only caveat is if you are using external amps and can't get the speaker volume setting below -12db after running Audyssey, you would have to purchase a set of -12db attenuators to connect between the AVR and external amp.

http://www.amazon.com/Harrison-Labs-.../dp/B0006N41B0

2. Denon and Marantz AVRs use a logarithmic volume scale such that you will barely hear anything below 50, rather average volume would be 50-70.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1177 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj731 View Post
JDSmoothie, you are worth your weight in gold! Thank you! Sincerely appreciated.
Glad to assist.
wj731 likes this.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1178 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Most likely your FL/FR speakers are set to LARGE so that when receiving 2CH audio from a turntable, there is no LFE signal to go to the sub as there is with multi channel audio DD/DTS 5.1. If in Manual Setup you set your FL/FR speakers to SMALL/80Hz, the sub will always be active regardless of whether playing multi channel audio or simply 2CH audio from your turntable.
jdsmoothie, Thank you Sir! I will do that as soon as I get back to it.
post #1179 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
1. Correct, doesn't matter if using internal or external amps .. you can run Audyssey either way. Only caveat is if you are using external amps and can't get the speaker volume setting below -12db after running Audyssey, you would have to purchase a set of -12db attenuators to connect between the AVR and external amp.

2. Denon and Marantz AVRs use a logarithmic volume scale such that you will barely hear anything below 50, rather average volume would be 50-70.
hmmmm okay....well that kinda stinks.....this system is in a bar/gameroom setting....when people are there, it would be nice to listen to music at a low level and hear bass, rather than have to have the volume to the point you cant have a normal convo....maybe I went with the wrong set up and thinking then........all new to me.

THank you so much jdsmoothie...appreciate it.
post #1180 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 10:11 AM
585-645-1006

^^
You are able to raise the volume level of any speaker or sub by going to Manual Setup - Test Tones, and there you can raise the volume of the sub to suit your preference. Also if you enable Audyssey Dynamic EQ, this will boost the bass level at lower volume levels as well.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1181 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 10:44 AM

I did set up FL/FR to small/80Hz when calibrating with Audyssey. Do I need to do this again in manual set up to be applicable to stereo play back?
Thanks!!
post #1182 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
^^
You are able to raise the volume level of any speaker or sub by going to Manual Setup - Test Tones, and there you can raise the volume of the sub to suit your preference. Also if you enable Audyssey Dynamic EQ, this will boost the bass level at lower volume levels as well.

Thank you.... I believe when I did the manual set up and raised the sub level...it became muddy at lower and higher volume levels though....I think? ill try again.

when u mention aud dy eq......is that the same as just running the aud option vs the manual? or is that another function. im not aware of. thanks.

also I noticed I have speaker crossover levels I can change.....what would be you recc. for this.........running 8020st def tech, Fronts...through adcom 545. with Lpf to each tower, sub2 output.

Def tech 800 pro series book shelf for surrounds

def tech 1000 center

bose reflects (series?) in rear.

cv sub, self amped... bottom fire. from AVR sub1 out put.
post #1183 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 11:17 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNDT View Post

I did set up FL/FR to small/80Hz when calibrating with Audyssey. Do I need to do this again in manual set up to be applicable to stereo play back?
Thanks!!
Audyssey ignores any settings you make prior to running it. You must verify this setting AFTER running Audyssey. As long as still set to SMALL/80Hz you're good to go.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1184 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Thank you.... I believe when I did the manual set up and raised the sub level...it became muddy at lower and higher volume levels though....I think? ill try again.

when u mention aud dy eq......is that the same as just running the aud option vs the manual? or is that another function. im not aware of. thanks.

also I noticed I have speaker crossover levels I can change.....what would be you recc. for this.........running 8020st def tech, Fronts...through adcom 545. with Lpf to each tower, sub2 output.

Def tech 800 pro series book shelf for surrounds

def tech 1000 center

bose reflects (series?) in rear.

cv sub, self amped... bottom fire. from AVR sub1 out put.

After you run Audyssey, you have the option of setting Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume. They are separate features from the Audyssey EQ. Speaker crossover values set < 80Hz after running Audyssey should be raised to 80Hz in Manual Setup, and any set > 80Hz should be left as is and not changed. Doesn't matter what speakers you have.
audit13 likes this.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1185 of 1221 Old 04-16-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
After you run Audyssey, you have the option of setting Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume. They are separate features from the Audyssey EQ. Speaker crossover values set < 80Hz after running Audyssey should be raised to 80Hz in Manual Setup, and any set > 80Hz should be left as is and not changed. Doesn't matter what speakers you have.

thank you
post #1186 of 1221 Old 04-17-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Audyssey ignores any settings you make prior to running it. You must verify this setting AFTER running Audyssey. As long as still set to SMALL/80Hz you're good to go.

Okay to clarify...sorry im being thick here....emails are tough. After I run the audyssey...which format can I alter or change with out messing up the audyssey settings, once I run it..?.........my room has a stairwell in the middle of it...the rear bose now are at a much louder level...maybe to compensate for the staircase and or distance of the bose speakers from the rest of the sytem? and its taken volume away from the towers on the other end of the room where the tv, couch and bar is........ IF I get in there and adjust the level back up on the towers , am I defeating the entire purpose of even running the audessy?

After I ran the audyssey....then went in and put the everything to 80hz...then raised the sub level like you mentioned. Yes it made a big difference in the low volume bass situation..., and I achieved that, sound great now if you were entertaining...mission accomplished . ...but it also took a lot of the sound and or loundness away or lets say full sound ..away...once I raise the volume to high levels, say if im alone and just want to push the system to a louder level . Is there a setting I need to click back to when I just want to jam loud that would restore this. Ive learned of holding the music button on the remote and I have 4 or5 options to listen too.....before setting Audyseey...I used multi channel stereo to get the loud volume I wanted. Now that I set the audysessy, ive lost that but gained the low level bass. Seems im not getting best of both here?
post #1187 of 1221 Old 04-17-2015, 07:51 AM
585-645-1006

^^
You can't mess up Audyssey by making speaker/sub level volume changes, rather Audyssey is either enabled or disabled (eg. disabled when you select PURE or PURE DIRECT). Multi CH Stereo is louder because it passes the same 2CH stereo signal to all pairs of speakers and should still be available with Audyssey enabled.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 04-17-2015 at 01:37 PM.
post #1188 of 1221 Old 04-17-2015, 11:45 AM

Ok well then ill adjust levels to towers then, since it doesn't interefere with audeyssy. They are barely audible now, as to before they produced a lot of sound., the bose at the other end of the room are louder than them now...... Im getting there...lol....thanks.
post #1189 of 1221 Old 04-17-2015, 01:39 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Ok well then ill adjust levels to towers then, since it doesn't interefere with audeyssy. They are barely audible now, as to before they produced a lot of sound., the bose at the other end of the room are louder than them now...... Im getting there...lol....thanks.
You may want to run Audyssey again (a few more times in fact adjusting mic height up/down a few inches from head height each time) ensuring you are using a mic boom stand or camera tripod to support the mic and focusing the last 7 mic positions within no more than 1-2' from the mic ##1 position.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1190 of 1221 Old 04-17-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
You may want to run Audyssey again (a few more times in fact adjusting mic height up/down a few inches from head height each time) ensuring you are using a mic boom stand or camera tripod to support the mic and focusing the last 7 mic positions within no more than 1-2' from the mic ##1 position.

thank you!!!
post #1191 of 1221 Old 04-18-2015, 06:47 AM

considering the deftech towers are self amp'd and are preamped into my adcom 545. would I still run them small though?
post #1192 of 1221 Old 04-18-2015, 08:01 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
considering the deftech towers are self amp'd and are preamped into my adcom 545. would I still run them small though?
Yup. Your dedicated sub is likely more capable than the subs in the towers.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1193 of 1221 Old 04-18-2015, 09:44 AM

what is the downside or negative to running them large?
post #1194 of 1221 Old 04-18-2015, 12:14 PM
585-645-1006

^^
None if you prefer it that way.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1195 of 1221 Old 04-19-2015, 01:11 PM

If I hook up an external amp from the pre out of the SR7007 said like an Emotiva XPA-5 and a subwoofer from theSR7007 output, can I still use Audyssey for room correction?

Thanks!!!
post #1196 of 1221 Old 04-19-2015, 02:36 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Yes indeed. Doesn't matter if you use the internal amps or external amps.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1197 of 1221 Old 04-20-2015, 11:11 AM

smoothie can I still set the levels under manual mode....on my towers that are pre amped? they show up in the speaker level screen, but I didn't know since they are being powered from the external adcom or how that effects them.

also I added a sent of def tech studio 350 to the front outputs of the Marantz....but they will not play in the multi stereo mode on the remote. only in the dmx z mode..... since im pre amping the front towers to the adcom....could I use the front output on the Marantz for the 350's to solve that issue? sorry but this avr has a lot of options....its kinda much for a newbie.
post #1198 of 1221 Old 04-20-2015, 12:44 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Yup. The Adcom amp would be set to roughly 80% of max (if adjustable) and any volume changes would be made via the Manual Setup on the AVR not the Adcom amp. If you connect another set of speakers to the FL/FR speaker posts ... the same volume level change would apply to both sets of speakers.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1199 of 1221 Old 04-20-2015, 01:04 PM

adcom has no adjustments.................

but then would the new added speakers 350.... work on multi channel stereo setting?......,like I mentioned, they currently are hooked to front height on the Marantz and I also tried front wide......but will not play unless on certain settings on the music button options on the remote/avr. The setting that gives me personally the best volume or room filling sound for listening to music is multi channel stereo selection. but sucks the new def tech 350 wont come on.???
post #1200 of 1221 Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 PM

when talking to def tech...they recommened not using audussy with there 8020st since there a bi polar speaker.......I have no idea what that means.......said the speaker is too confused reacting to the aud signals.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page