Marantz SR7007 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1231 of 1238 Old 06-03-2015, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I purchased a refurbished 7007 several months ago. The other day one of the rear hdmi ports stopped working. I swapped devices into that input, both devices worked in the other hdmi port, neither in this bad one. Is there any kind of reset I can do to get it to recognize the devices again? I'd hate to have to send it in for repair just for this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1238 Old 06-03-2015, 02:29 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4410 Post(s)
Liked: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post
I purchased a refurbished 7007 several months ago. The other day one of the rear hdmi ports stopped working. I swapped devices into that input, both devices worked in the other hdmi port, neither in this bad one. Is there any kind of reset I can do to get it to recognize the devices again? I'd hate to have to send it in for repair just for this.
You could try doing a microprocessor reset (p. 179 Owner's manual), although most likely will need repair if you have to use it.
Odys likes this.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #1233 of 1238 Old 06-04-2015, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryh View Post
I have a related question. My friend has a Denon 3805 and Sony Blue Ray 5100. He also has a Zone 2 issue. Right now the Blue Ray and Cable box go directly to TV via HDMI and sound passes from these devices via coax to 3805. The Blue ray only has that one digital output other than HDMI. To play Pandora in Zone 2 streamed from the 5100, a DAC could be used but this would compromise the quality of sound for movies since all sound from 5100 would pass to receiver in 2 channel analog, ( I believe the Denon would turn that back to 5.1 with some internal circuitry). He does have the option of getting all the sound via optical connection from TV ( a 2 year old hi end Sony LCD) and could pass that to the 3805 and therefore use the DAC on the coax line out of the 5100 for zone 2. Would that work? or would it be best to get something like Amazon Fire just for the outside Pandora ( and use the DAC on that). Or maybe a coax splitter?
I hope I made this clear enough - any thoughts?

Maybe I should post this in a Denon thread but I think it applies to the Marantz as well. Any thoughts on this. Thanks for your help

GH
post #1234 of 1238 Old 06-04-2015, 01:08 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryh View Post
I have a related question. My friend has a Denon 3805 and Sony Blue Ray 5100. He also has a Zone 2 issue. Right now the Blue Ray and Cable box go directly to TV via HDMI and sound passes from these devices via coax to 3805. The Blue ray only has that one digital output other than HDMI. To play Pandora in Zone 2 streamed from the 5100, a DAC could be used but this would compromise the quality of sound for movies since all sound from 5100 would pass to receiver in 2 channel analog, ( I believe the Denon would turn that back to 5.1 with some internal circuitry). He does have the option of getting all the sound via optical connection from TV ( a 2 year old hi end Sony LCD) and could pass that to the 3805 and therefore use the DAC on the coax line out of the 5100 for zone 2. Would that work? or would it be best to get something like Amazon Fire just for the outside Pandora ( and use the DAC on that). Or maybe a coax splitter?
I hope I made this clear enough - any thoughts?

More than likely the TV is only passing PCM 2.0 over the optical cable now from the audio input by the BDP and cable box, so no real loss if only analog 2.0 coming from the 5100.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #1235 of 1238 Old 06-04-2015, 03:04 PM

So the Denon will take the 2.0 and make it 5.1 again? If so, will there be a noticeable degradation in sound. Then, will the Amazon Fire or a box like that be the best solution? (using the DAC into the Denon for zone 2).

GH
post #1236 of 1238 Old 06-04-2015, 03:47 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Likely no audible difference either way. Best for him to just try for himself.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #1237 of 1238 Old 06-05-2015, 07:07 AM

Will do. Thanks

GH
post #1238 of 1238 Old 06-21-2015, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Long Read.....Marantz SR7007 Delemma......?

Withe a user name like mine, (humor) I hope to get at least a bit of sound advise. BTW, you guys are great.

I purchased new, in 2002 The "nightmare," a SR7200. (I tried a 2X priced Denon & others before keeping the SR7200.) It was a nightmare when I switched providers. My Direct TV STB caused all sorts of problems. After abandoning all hope I picked a 2nd Hand SR6003. All was well.... Got a few years of bliss.

Of recent, I wired a phono pre-amp & the thing went into "rapid blinking standby light," mode. I called the closest Marantz dealer & they informed me parts are no longer available & the thing is pretty much, moot.

I removed the cover. No blown fuse, no hot electronic smells. I noticed there is a clear plastic relay box behind the PT, but didn't explore or disassemble any further.

Out of panic, I ordered a new SR7007 @ a much reduced cost from a reputable online dealer, realizing the model is 3 years old.

Out if curiosity, I reconnected the SR7200 & it's been handling Dolby Digital without any issues so far. There is a local repair shop that can repair most anything, however they usually have a heavy back log. I'll find out tomorrow.

If I can get the SR6003 repaired for under 2-$300, I'd be saving close to $500.
What would you do? Are we into the era of replace, not repair, a disposable era of electronics?

I don't care about Networking, Airplay, Smart Tv's, etc.

I'm sure there would be some sonic improvements on a new unit, however the SR6003 did everything I wanted & sounded wonderful with my setup.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread