Marantz SR7007 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #1261 of 1289 Old 12-07-2016, 02:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 286 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12665 Post(s)
Liked: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by amairphoto View Post
I recently moved and all of a sudden I don't have sound from certain channels on cable. Is there something I have changed accidentally in the move that could change this?
Would depend on what exactly you're experiencing (ie. more details required). Note that some TV stations broadcast a 2CH stereo audio track over a DD 5.1 signal. The AVR thinks a 5.1 signal is being received but you only hear audio from the Front L/R speakers. Also, the DD PLII simulator cannot be used to expand the 2.0--> 5.1 as the AVR believes a 5.1 signal is already being received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1289 Old 12-13-2016, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Would depend on what exactly you're experiencing (ie. more details required). Note that some TV stations broadcast a 2CH stereo audio track over a DD 5.1 signal. The AVR thinks a 5.1 signal is being received but you only hear audio from the Front L/R speakers. Also, the DD PLII simulator cannot be used to expand the 2.0--> 5.1 as the AVR believes a 5.1 signal is already being received.
You hit the nail on the head, the cable guy and i were struggling for a while and we realized that it was the local channels where i didnt have sound. It then made me realize that they dont transmit a 5.1 signal. Plugged in my L/R and i was good to go! thank you sir.

I am in the house and i have had it pre-wired for L and R front speakers in the dining room also. I just want them to play the same as what is being played in the living room. For the Zone 2 setup, is it possible just to have them play music simultaneously that way?
post #1263 of 1289 Old 12-17-2016, 10:30 AM

So i have my Zone 2 set up and playing audio now. I have my Bluesound Vault 2 connected via an optical cable and stereo cables. The music plays in Zone 2 but i have no way of changing the volume unless i go into the menu and change startup volume and then turn Zone 2 off and on again. Im obviously doing something wrong here right?

Also is there a way to change the crossover frequency on the Zone 2 speakers?

post #1264 of 1289 Old 12-18-2016, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
So i have my Zone 2 set up and playing audio now. I have my Bluesound Vault 2 connected via an optical cable and stereo cables. The music plays in Zone 2 but i have no way of changing the volume unless i go into the menu and change startup volume and then turn Zone 2 off and on again. Im obviously doing something wrong here right?

?
You just have to switch to zone 2 on the remote and then adjust the volume. It is also easy to change the volume in other zones using the online web page. It's more visible. But once you get used to changing the zone on the remote you'll get it.

Music, more music.
post #1265 of 1289 Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:

Also is there a way to change the crossover frequency on the Zone 2 speakers?
Set the "High Pass Filter" setting to ON (p. 140 Owner's manual).
post #1266 of 1289 Old 12-22-2016, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got prompted on my unit that a firmware update is available. I accepted and installed.
Does anyone know what the enhancements actually are?
post #1267 of 1289 Old 12-22-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropole View Post
I got prompted on my unit that a firmware update is available. I accepted and installed.
Does anyone know what the enhancements actually are?
Fixes Pandora log on issue.
post #1268 of 1289 Old 12-26-2016, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
SR7007 Factory Reset.

I am trying to do a Factory Reset using the combination of (GAME)-(A-DSX)-POWER buttons.
Is there a trick to it? I can't get it to display "initializing", which tells me I am unable to do a Factory Reset. Any workarounds for this?

Thanks

Last edited by AErcen; 12-26-2016 at 05:37 PM. Reason: left out a word or two..
post #1269 of 1289 Old 12-26-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AErcen View Post
I am trying to do a Factory Reset using the combination of (GAME)-(A-DSX)-POWER buttons.
Is there a trick to it? I can't get it to display "initializing", which tells me I am unable to do a Factory Reset. Any workarounds for this?

Thanks
There's no mention of the word "Initializing" displaying if you refer to the procedure in the Owner's manual, p. 179, rather simply the front panel display should "flash."
post #1270 of 1289 Old 12-27-2016, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
There's no mention of the word "Initializing" displaying if you refer to the procedure in the Owner's manual, p. 179, rather simply the front panel display should "flash."
Thanks jdsmoothie,
In some link I read, the three button reset was said to "initalize" the SR7007. Took it literally I guess, and kept on doing it until my fingers were hurting looking for "initializing"to display. Reading the manual would have been too easy. Much better to come to AVR forum and risk looking like a fool. It always works better.

Thanks again.
post #1271 of 1289 Old 12-27-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AErcen View Post
Thanks jdsmoothie,
In some link I read, the three button reset was said to "initalize" the SR7007. Took it literally I guess, and kept on doing it until my fingers were hurting looking for "initializing"to display. Reading the manual would have been too easy. Much better to come to AVR forum and risk looking like a fool. It always works better.

Thanks again.
I should have also mentioned that the word "Initialized" wasn't introduced until the SR7009 was released.
post #1272 of 1289 Old 01-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I am looking at one of these used and want to know if it has a tape in/out section? I use a tube buffer and it has to go into the tape in and out ports to work correctly. I see that from looking at the back panel pictures there is a media in and out.
post #1273 of 1289 Old 01-07-2017, 12:10 PM

Tone control not available with the phono input?
post #1274 of 1289 Old 01-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Question Still worth it to buy used...

In your guys' opinion would it still be worth it for me to buy one of these used off CL for $400? I have an old Pioneer VSX-01TXH (it's for sale too ), and I'd like to upgrade to this Marantz model for more watts, better sound paired w/ my NHT Classic Threes, and the fact that is a network AVR.

Thoughts? TYIA
post #1275 of 1289 Old 01-18-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Tone control not available with the phono input?
Should be available for every source as long as Dynamic EQ is disabled.
post #1276 of 1289 Old 01-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAW View Post
In your guys' opinion would it still be worth it for me to buy one of these used off CL for $400? I have an old Pioneer VSX-01TXH (it's for sale too ), and I'd like to upgrade to this Marantz model for more watts, better sound paired w/ my NHT Classic Threes, and the fact that is a network AVR.

Thoughts? TYIA
Nope. The Pioneer is 110W while the SR7007 is 125W, so not likely to notice any difference in power.
post #1277 of 1289 Old 01-23-2017, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Nope. The Pioneer is 110W while the SR7007 is 125W, so not likely to notice any difference in power.
Yeah, I know, but I thought Marantz paired better w/ NHT's, but besides it's gone now, and now I'm learning about HDCP 2.2... It would have to be a heck of a deal on CL in order for me to buy it knowing I'll eventually be getting a 4K tv.

I might have to hold off and save for a SR7010/11. *sigh*

Thanks!
post #1278 of 1289 Old 03-09-2017, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I was at a friends house who was controlling his receiver Pioneer Elite with an APP on his phone. Any way is this possible on the 7007?
post #1279 of 1289 Old 03-09-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTR View Post
I was at a friends house who was controlling his receiver Pioneer Elite with an APP on his phone. Any way is this possible on the 7007?
The following apps work with the Denon models around that time frame. Check them out to see if Marantz is included as well.

iOS - DeRemote
Android - AVR-Remote
post #1280 of 1289 Old 03-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hey JD, how are you doing?

Question...I have been searching for sometime for some help in playing Tidal/Spotify via Dell laptop to the 7007. I already use iPhone and iPad with airplay. I nderstand Marantz has a plug-in wireless receiver for a $100 and this should do the trick.

However that is a 100 and I may change receivers down the road. How about DLNA or another wireless receiver? Or does anyone know of another solution?

Thanks,

Robert
post #1281 of 1289 Old 03-16-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsart View Post
Hey JD, how are you doing?

Question...I have been searching for sometime for some help in playing Tidal/Spotify via Dell laptop to the 7007. I already use iPhone and iPad with airplay. I nderstand Marantz has a plug-in wireless receiver for a $100 and this should do the trick.

However that is a 100 and I may change receivers down the road. How about DLNA or another wireless receiver? Or does anyone know of another solution?

Thanks,

Robert
Spotify Connect was only released a couple of years ago, rather on the SR7007 (after being firmware updated) Spotify is started from the on board Spotify app. Only solution I am aware of would be to connect a cable from the laptop to the AVR. Note however, some of the new 2017 Denon and Marantz models, to be released over the next few months, will feature a built in HEOS module which will allow using the new iOS/Android HEOS app to stream the following music services directly to the AVR (Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Amazon Music, DEEZER, Napster, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, SOUND CLOUD, TIDAL, Rhapsody, JUKE!, and AWA).
post #1282 of 1289 Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The 7007 does have the RX-101 wireless receiver, I think it is called which should do the trick. This receiver is being used in a small room, but will be moved into a larger room in its permanent location. I will, however still listen to 2 channel in there from time to time.. I will replace it with a slimline, since that is more suitable for this room. I believe it will be equipped with Bluetooth. Things in this field are changing so fast it is hard to know the right thing to do, since it can be costly.

I was going to convert songs to FLAC, then there are services offering lossless/hi-Rez streaming. Now Spotify is working toward this as we speak. Then I just saw the building of a car and a house via 3D printing. What next?

Looong story.............I had a funny thing happened last night. I gave my son 2 towers for his theater set up. He also got a slimline Marantz and I was playing Spotify from my iPhone 6. This was weeks ago. I noticed while I have been trying to make this Bluetooth thing work on the Dell laptop I kept seeing his marantz icon showing up. So I clicked on it and it showed it was playing a song. I thought that was silly. My wife was texting him at the time. I then I asked him for fun what I did...he said God Dad I was wondering what was going on...during a movie he was watching. He said unpair it please that is just weird. He lives 40 miles away...strange right?

Thanks for your time.

Robert
post #1283 of 1289 Old 03-16-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsart View Post
The 7007 does have the RX-101 wireless receiver, I think it is called which should do the trick. This receiver is being used in a small room, but will be moved into a larger room in its permanent location. I will, however still listen to 2 channel in there from time to time.. I will replace it with a slimline, since that is more suitable for this room. I believe it will be equipped with Bluetooth. Things in this field are changing so fast it is hard to know the right thing to do, since it can be costly.

I was going to convert songs to FLAC, then there are services offering lossless/hi-Rez streaming. Now Spotify is working toward this as we speak. Then I just saw the building of a car and a house via 3D printing. What next?

Looong story.............I had a funny thing happened last night. I gave my son 2 towers for his theater set up. He also got a slimline Marantz and I was playing Spotify from my iPhone 6. This was weeks ago. I noticed while I have been trying to make this Bluetooth thing work on the Dell laptop I kept seeing his marantz icon showing up. So I clicked on it and it showed it was playing a song. I thought that was silly. My wife was texting him at the time. I then I asked him for fun what I did...he said God Dad I was wondering what was going on...during a movie he was watching. He said unpair it please that is just weird. He lives 40 miles away...strange right?

Thanks for your time.

Robert
Nope ... known to occur.
post #1284 of 1289 Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Liked: 6
Hello,

I just recently purchased this Marantz SR-7007 used. I'm having an issue with HDMI not showing any image from devices.

I have tried tv(arc) to both Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 out. I have the Xfinity box to cbl/sat labeled HDMI, and Blu-Ray to Blu-ray labeled HDMI. PC to AUX 1 HDMI I've also tried to connect them to other HDMI's including the front aux 2 HDMI.

I have now also tried component video from tv to the Marantz.

Here's what I do get:

I get the Menu/setup display on the tv.

I get iradio and ethernet works. I've updated the firmware to the latest.

I also get 2 channel audio with the devices plugged directly into the tv and the tv to the Monitor 1 HDMI. (With this setup, I get surround sound via Smart TV streaming ie Netflix/PLEX) but 2ch with Comcast, and Blu-ray player.

I've run out of things to do. I've checked and checked again and again to make sure all connections are secure, used different HDMI's, etc. Checked settings.

What are my options at this point? Is the HDMI board bad? Why then, do I get Menu and set up display via HDMI?

If my only option is optical via tv to Marantz and all my devices connected to the tv, I only get Dolby 5.1 this way and only 16 bit 44k 2ch, correct?
post #1285 of 1289 Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailKingCeezer View Post
Hello,

I just recently purchased this Marantz SR-7007 used. I'm having an issue with HDMI not showing any image from devices.

I have tried tv(arc) to both Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 out. I have the Xfinity box to cbl/sat labeled HDMI, and Blu-Ray to Blu-ray labeled HDMI. PC to AUX 1 HDMI I've also tried to connect them to other HDMI's including the front aux 2 HDMI.

I have now also tried component video from tv to the Marantz.

Here's what I do get:

I get the Menu/setup display on the tv.

I get iradio and ethernet works. I've updated the firmware to the latest.

I also get 2 channel audio with the devices plugged directly into the tv and the tv to the Monitor 1 HDMI. (With this setup, I get surround sound via Smart TV streaming ie Netflix/PLEX) but 2ch with Comcast, and Blu-ray player.

I've run out of things to do. I've checked and checked again and again to make sure all connections are secure, used different HDMI's, etc. Checked settings.

What are my options at this point? Is the HDMI board bad? Why then, do I get Menu and set up display via HDMI?

If my only option is optical via tv to Marantz and all my devices connected to the tv, I only get Dolby 5.1 this way and only 16 bit 44k 2ch, correct?

Whenever you purchase a "used" AVR, the first thing you want to do is to reset the microprocessor (p. 179 Owner's manual). If after doing that, still no joy, return to seller.
post #1286 of 1289 Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Whenever you purchase a "used" AVR, the first thing you want to do is to reset the microprocessor (p. 179 Owner's manual). If after doing that, still no joy, return to seller.

Wow. Thank you so much. It works! Phew.

Now that I know I didn't get burned and I have a great receiver. I was wondering if Marantz still makes the BlueTooth device add-on, and is there any way to get wireless internet as I can't get ethernet to the receiver at its current location.

Thank you again!
post #1287 of 1289 Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Wow. Thank you so much. It works! Phew.

Now that I know I didn't get burned and I have a great receiver. I was wondering if Marantz still makes the BlueTooth device add-on, and is there any way to get wireless internet as I can't get ethernet to the receiver at its current location.

Thank you again!
You can purchase any 3rd party Bluetooth receiver, it doesn't have to be the Marantz RX101. You can also purchase a wireless router that can be configured as a "bridge router" (see examples below) in order to wirelessly connect the AVR to your router.

Cisco WRT-54G
TRENDnet TEW-640MB
Airport Extreme
Airport Express
Linksys WET610N
Netgear N300
Netgear WN2000RPT - 4 port
Netgear WN2500RP
D-Link DAP-1522

Another option would be to use Powerline adapters which use your home's electrical system to connect the WiFi signal.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Power.../dp/B00AWRUICG
HailKingCeezer likes this.
post #1288 of 1289 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Turns out i was mistaken. Only the front HDMI 7 works. The rest in the back of the receiver do not work. Thankfully the Tv out is working when connected to the front panel HDMI bc i only really have one thing i use for everything(my PC), the rest i connected to the tv via optical to the receiver.
No biggie, but is it worth taking it to get the HDMI plugs in the back fixed?

I have 1 small problem with my PC to HDMI 7. Whenver my PC goes to sleep, i usually can wake it up with my keyboard and the video would switch back on with my old Yamaha. With this Marantz, the video doesn't come back through the tv. I have to turn the receiver off and back on again for it to appear. Is turning off sleep on the PC and the TV my only solution?
post #1289 of 1289 Old Today, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Turns out i was mistaken. Only the front HDMI 7 works. The rest in the back of the receiver do not work. Thankfully the Tv out is working when connected to the front panel HDMI bc i only really have one thing i use for everything(my PC), the rest i connected to the tv via optical to the receiver.
No biggie, but is it worth taking it to get the HDMI plugs in the back fixed?

I have 1 small problem with my PC to HDMI 7. Whenver my PC goes to sleep, i usually can wake it up with my keyboard and the video would switch back on with my old Yamaha. With this Marantz, the video doesn't come back through the tv. I have to turn the receiver off and back on again for it to appear. Is turning off sleep on the PC and the TV my only solution?
Not likely as replacing the HDMI board is likely to cost about $400 - $500, although as this is a 5 year old model, the board may be difficult to find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page