Marantz SR7007 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #1291 of 1298 Old 04-16-2017, 02:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15365 Post(s)
Liked: 7511
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropole View Post
I have been using my 7007 for a long time and did not have to hook up a new device....

I purchased a Roku Premiere+. I had it plugged into the AUX1 HDMI port on the front of the receiver. All worked well. I moved the cable to the "Media Player - HDMI 5" port for a permanent installation. As a result I am only getting stereo (vs. 5.1 on Aux1). I went one more time through the Roku setup to make sure all is right. Roku thinks it talks to a HDMI 1.4 device.

Did I forget a setting on the receiver?
The AVR can only play what it receives. Ensure the Roku is passing a 5.1 signal. Select SETUP - GENERAL - INFORMATION - AUDIO to confirm the signal being received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1298 Old 04-16-2017, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The AVR can only play what it receives. Ensure the Roku is passing a 5.1 signal. Select SETUP - GENERAL - INFORMATION - AUDIO to confirm the signal being received.
I did that. Did not help. I removed power from the Roku and re-plugged the HDMI. Afterwards it was playing 5.1.
post #1293 of 1298 Old 05-15-2017, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an SR7007 and have been playing FLAC files through it's USB port. My friend bought a SONY High-Res Audio Player (HAP-Z1ES) and is raving about it... It stores just about any type of music file... it has a nice interface... can create playlists etc... It's also about $2,000. I don't think I need something like that but I am curious - is there a similar solution from Marantz?

I want to be able to store my music on a Hard Disk and play directly from the SR7007 rather that use Apple Music or iTunes from a computer (the quality is not as good as direct because of Apple's routers and limitations with Apple TV).

What is a good solution to store FLAC files and connect to my SR7007. I have used iTunes an AppleTV with HomeSharing I think it's called but it's "only" 44Khz.

Can I simply attach a USB HD to my SR7007 and use Marantz's iPad app to control it? I don't think the Marantz iPad app will list the songs on the USB Hard Disk though will it?

Have any of you tried what I am trying to do - Play and store FLAC files on a HD and play directly through the SR7007?

Thanks,

David

post #1294 of 1298 Old 05-16-2017, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15365 Post(s)
Liked: 7511
Quote:
Originally Posted by david palermo View Post
I have an SR7007 and have been playing FLAC files through it's USB port. My friend bought a SONY High-Res Audio Player (HAP-Z1ES) and is raving about it... It stores just about any type of music file... it has a nice interface... can create playlists etc... It's also about $2,000. I don't think I need something like that but I am curious - is there a similar solution from Marantz?

I want to be able to store my music on a Hard Disk and play directly from the SR7007 rather that use Apple Music or iTunes from a computer (the quality is not as good as direct because of Apple's routers and limitations with Apple TV).

What is a good solution to store FLAC files and connect to my SR7007. I have used iTunes an AppleTV with HomeSharing I think it's called but it's "only" 44Khz.

Can I simply attach a USB HD to my SR7007 and use Marantz's iPad app to control it? I don't think the Marantz iPad app will list the songs on the USB Hard Disk though will it?

Have any of you tried what I am trying to do - Play and store FLAC files on a HD and play directly through the SR7007?

Thanks,

David
As noted on p. 42 of your SR7007 Owner's manual, FLAC files can be played from a USB HD.
post #1295 of 1298 Old 05-16-2017, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
As noted on p. 42 of your SR7007 Owner's manual, FLAC files can be played from a USB HD.
jdsmoothie: I know. My first sentence in my post says that. I guess I wasn't clear. Thanks anyway.

"As noted on p. 42 of your SR7007 Owner's manual, FLAC files can be played from a USB HD."
post #1296 of 1298 Old 05-18-2017, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
BlueSound Vault 2

Do any of you have any experience with the BlueSound Vault 2? I want to build a FLAC library and play them directly to my SR7007 rather than through AirPlay because from what little I have read about it I think AirPlay downsamples to 44kHz.

The Vault 2 is similar to Sony's HAP - 1 and Hap - 1Zes devices. The Vault 2 connects directly to my Marantz so there is no network involved whereby downsampling would happen from what I understand. Sony's devices look appealing as well except what I like about the Vault 2 is it has a CD ripper on board so I can rip my 200 or so CD directly to the Vault 2.

Lately I have been exploring buying 24/96 and sometimes 24/192 FLAC files and would like to take full advantage of them if possible.

If there is already a discussion about this I apologize for the redundant post!

My components are:

Marantz SR7007
Paradigm Studio 100v5 speakers.
post #1297 of 1298 Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have connected USB hard drive and USB flash drive to the front panel and all songs played without a problem.

I would like to have seen NTFS support but that's not too much of an issue.

Also, I am able to play 176.4/24 and 192/24 files even though the manual does not state that these two sampling frequencies are supported.
post #1298 of 1298 Old 07-10-2017, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPalermo View Post
Do any of you have any experience with the BlueSound Vault 2? I want to build a FLAC library and play them directly to my SR7007 rather than through AirPlay because from what little I have read about it I think AirPlay downsamples to 44kHz.

The Vault 2 is similar to Sony's HAP - 1 and Hap - 1Zes devices. The Vault 2 connects directly to my Marantz so there is no network involved whereby downsampling would happen from what I understand. Sony's devices look appealing as well except what I like about the Vault 2 is it has a CD ripper on board so I can rip my 200 or so CD directly to the Vault 2.

Lately I have been exploring buying 24/96 and sometimes 24/192 FLAC files and would like to take full advantage of them if possible.

If there is already a discussion about this I apologize for the redundant post!

My components are:

Marantz SR7007
Paradigm Studio 100v5 speakers.
I have the Vault 2, and did use it with my SR7007, sound quality is awesome. Ripping takes a bit of time though. I think it took me three weeks to upload my cd library.I subscribed to Tidal and their audio quality is great. Ill be getting the Bluesound Node for downstairs soon, Once your library is in the network too it can be played from any Bluesound device which is also nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page