post #1411 of 1414 Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
No that and my new amp should be here by next weekend. I am overly excited.

This time around I got the newer version with dsd and double dsd on it. I cant wait.

I also paid for the 4k upgrade that is coming out in advance. It has all the latest specs hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2. I hope I dont regret that one. But I got a great once in a lifetime deal by buying all this as a package.
Good things come to those who wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1414 Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Thank you. Now just have to repair the damage done by my water line leak from my fridge. Just the ceiling and bottom 1 foot of an 5 ft section of drywall. Hard part will be getting the insulation back up through the wall. Ceiling I was going to change anyhow. Just have to do it sooner now. Lol
post #1413 of 1414 Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I write this post to corroborate information I shared previously regarding the need for an SACD player to be able to play back SACD at a sampling rate of 176/24 vs. 88/24 on the Bryston SP3.. A review of the Rolling Stones SACD, Let It Bleed, was done listening to both the 88/24 and 176/24 with the 88/24 sampling rate sounding very digital compared to the 176/24 sampling rate. You can read the review below.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...-let-it-bleed/
I must add to my own post that a glaring omission from either a processor like the SP3 or the Foundation as well as high end
SACD players is the ability to change from PCM 88.2 and 176 sampling rate. The reason this is needed is that if you have a 2 channel SACD, you cannot play it in 5.1 or 7.1 surround should you opt to do so which I always do because 176.4 in native 2 channel cannot be changed to 5 or 7.1. Only the old PS3 can change the sampling rate. A processor or SACD player should also have this capability.
post #1414 of 1414 Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I write this post to corroborate information I shared previously regarding the need for an SACD player to be able to play back SACD at a sampling rate of 176/24 vs. 88/24 on the Bryston SP3.. A review of the Rolling Stones SACD, Let It Bleed, was done listening to both the 88/24 and 176/24 with the 88/24 sampling rate sounding very digital compared to the 176/24 sampling rate. You can read the review below.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...-let-it-bleed/

Could be an interesting experiment for you.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Arcam

User Tag List