AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post
gbaby, something doesn't sound right.
I wish I knew what's wrong. But. for now, I'm fine. I just will not be ordering anymore hi res downloads and just enjoy my CDs encoded in aiff played back through the BDP-2. Again, I was just experimenting with hi res so it will save me money. If I need hi res, I'll stick with SACD. By the way, I am smitten with 2 channel again thanks to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1724 Old 12-29-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I set up my new SP3 and 9BSST2 today. Holy smokes...amazing! My only concern as of now is a high frequency distortion coming out of the speakers when I change channels on my cable box. It only happens when I'm switching channels and the processor is waiting to pick up audio. Has this happened to anyone? If so, what was the workaround?
post #1713 of 1724 Old 12-29-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnelly View Post
My only concern as of now is a high frequency distortion coming out of the speakers when I change channels on my cable box. It only happens when I'm switching channels and the processor is waiting to pick up audio.
Is the cable box outputting in bitstream or PCM mode? If bitstream, does it happen with DD 5.1 sources, or stereo channels, or both?

If you connect the cable box audio with S/PDIF (ok to use the HDMI for the video), does it still happen?

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #1714 of 1724 Old 12-29-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
Is the cable box outputting in bitstream or PCM mode? If bitstream, does it happen with DD 5.1 sources, or stereo channels, or both?

If you connect the cable box audio with S/PDIF (ok to use the HDMI for the video), does it still happen?
Good question! It happens between all channels. Right now I'm only connected with HDMI. I will try a S/PDIF cable tomorrow.
post #1715 of 1724 Old 12-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I set up my new SP3 and 9BSST2 today. Holy smokes...amazing! My only concern as of now is a high frequency distortion coming out of the speakers when I change channels on my cable box. It only happens when I'm switching channels and the processor is waiting to pick up audio. Has this happened to anyone? If so, what was the workaround?
I had the same problem and I found you can change the HDMI delay setting in the SP3 which is defaulted to 0.3 seconds. I changed mine to 0.7 seconds and the problem is completely gone. I do not remember exactly where that setting is and I am at work now, but I can check when I get home if you can't find it...

I tell you with these later firmware versions there are a LOT of settings in the SP3 menu, more so than I have seen with any other processor. Most of them probably should not be or do not need to be tinkered with though...

Last edited by shiznit; 12-30-2014 at 10:09 AM.
post #1716 of 1724 Old 12-30-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznit View Post
I had the same problem and I found you can change the HDMI delay setting in the SP3 which is defaulted to 0.3 seconds. I changed mine to 0.7 seconds and the problem is completely gone. I do not remember exactly where that setting is and I am at work now, but I can check when I get home if you can't find it...

I tell you with these later firmware versions there are a LOT of settings in the SP3 menu, more so than I have seen with any other processor. Most of them probably should not be or do not need to be tinkered with though...
Thanks for the help! I'll look for that setting now. Hopefully it works for me as well.
post #1717 of 1724 Old 12-31-2014, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Congradulations on your new purchase, and welcome to this thread.
post #1718 of 1724 Old 01-02-2015, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I wish I knew what's wrong. But. for now, I'm fine. I just will not be ordering anymore hi res downloads and just enjoy my CDs encoded in aiff played back through the BDP-2. Again, I was just experimenting with hi res so it will save me money. If I need hi res, I'll stick with SACD. By the way, I am smitten with 2 channel again thanks to you.
Gbaby, you may wish to try the SATRI downloads from Bakoon. They offer free 44.1/16 and 96/24 downloads, which are handy for comparison of the two resolutions. It would be interesting to see if the differences make themselves apparent in your system. If things are working correctly, one would think this would be the case. I'm sure that all of us want to see you get maximum enjoyment from your system, especially the BDP-2 and SP3.

http://www.bakoonproducts.com/downloads/recordings/

Best wishes to you, and to all the participants in this thread, for a wonderful 2015.

RJ

Eschew obfuscation.
post #1719 of 1724 Old 01-02-2015, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoThere View Post
Gbaby, you may wish to try the SATRI downloads from Bakoon. They offer free 44.1/16 and 96/24 downloads, which are handy for comparison of the two resolutions. It would be interesting to see if the differences make themselves apparent in your system. If things are working correctly, one would think this would be the case. I'm sure that all of us want to see you get maximum enjoyment from your system, especially the BDP-2 and SP3.

http://www.bakoonproducts.com/downloads/recordings/

Best wishes to you, and to all the participants in this thread, for a wonderful 2015.

RJ
Thanks, and for the record, I'm not ignoring your suggestions, I've just been busy trying to finish end of the year obligations. But, for now, I will say that I find some well recorded 44.1/16 compositions give me the same musical satisfaction as hi res.
post #1720 of 1724 Old 01-06-2015, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Turning off TV issues

When I turn off my Pioneer TV connected via HDMI the HDMI on the SP3 turns off. I'm using a Bell SAT receiver using HDMI to the SP3 then to the TV. Is there a setting to fix this, or a known issue?
post #1721 of 1724 Old 01-06-2015, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDVidGuy View Post
When I turn off my Pioneer TV connected via HDMI the HDMI on the SP3 turns off. I'm using a Bell SAT receiver using HDMI to the SP3 then to the TV. Is there a setting to fix this, or a known issue?
I think that means you have CeC turned on in the TV. It's a feature to be able to turn on/off the whole system via the TV. Do you have such a TV? Link

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #1722 of 1724 Old 01-07-2015, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I think that means you have CeC turned on in the TV. It's a feature to be able to turn on/off the whole system via the TV. Do you have such a TV? Link
Thanks for your help and links! Never even knew about CEC. It ended up being an issue with my Harmony remote sending extra commands causing a glitch to the SP3. Took me forever to solve this one!
Roger Dressler likes this.
post #1723 of 1724 Old Today, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone has experience comparing SP3 to Arcam AV950?
Would like to hear your opinion.
post #1724 of 1724 Unread Today, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDVidGuy View Post
Thanks for your help and links! Never even knew about CEC. It ended up being an issue with my Harmony remote sending extra commands causing a glitch to the SP3. Took me forever to solve this one!
Wow--thanks to you both!!

CeC is called anynet+ on my Samsung--I checked, and sure enough, it was on. I've been having fits with my Harmonies as well. I'll keep you all posted on whether or not this helps!

It may not, because my issues seem to be having to do with proper inputs and so on, but maybe anent was screwing up timing. We'll see. Thanks again.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Arcam

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page