The Official Bryston SP3 Thread. - Page 61 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1801 of 1803 Old 04-02-2015, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandrofrignani View Post
hi everybody,i called the italian distributor,they tell me that (probably)the fault is of my decoders,very strange, because i never had with the others processors this problem,anyway i'll try to connect the sky receveir with a hdmi cable,hoping to resolve the random loss of audio signal...and yes jurgen my sp3 is the latest version with 4k board...can i ask you how long you own your sp3 and your impressions regarding this pre/pro also comparing it to your previous processors ? bye.... alessandro
I have mine a little longer than 3 years.
I bought the SP3 as a replacement for an Audionet (Germany) surround pre and a stereo pre. The Audionet surround pre didn't have a HDMI-input and was (thus) a little behind the developments, but its sound was very nice.
Before I bought the SP3 the distributor came along and demonstrated it at my home. So I had a direct comparison (but rather short). Anyway: I couldn't here a difference between the stereo signals between my stereo pre and the SP3 (in both cases digital input). So I sold the Audionet surround pre and the stereo pre and bought the SP3 - and I am happy with it.
But I am mainly a stereo listener; so after a while I bought a new developed stereo pre (Audionet DNP). Well I'm quite sure it was not really necessary (well, what is?), but it helped when the SP3 went to Canada for a repair - and for the DNP I don't need an extra tuner for getting radio.
alessandrofrignani likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1803 Old 04-04-2015, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post
Subs won't compromise the sound if implemented properly, i.e. placement, crossover, etc, any more than a full range speaker with a poorly designed crossover.
Since my sub amp was repaired by Velodyne, your statement above is ringing true. I'm back to playing 2 channel in DPLIIx music. Some compositions put you in a transcendental moment.
post #1803 of 1803 Old Today, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
After stalking this thread for the last couple of years, I took the plunge and bought a SP3. It should arrive sometime at the end of next week. I debated the Krell Foundation and the Anthem D2v, but kept coming back to the SP3. I'm looking forward to hooking it up and seeing what it'll do to my room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Arcam