The Official Bryston SP3 Thread. - Page 62 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
post #1831 of 1834 Unread Yesterday, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
James will probably post but in reading his posts on other forums I noticed that no it's only available for the BDP-2 and he did mention it improves things a bit and I emphasise a bit. The other word he used was incremental.
Hi

I have a prototype unit at home and so far sonically it has a better transient capability and more low level resolution detail.

At this level of quality recognize these are not giant leaps but incremental advances in performance.

There are some practical reasons for the decision as well:

Main reasons are below.

1. Not having to rely on the quality level of third party products or modify said products - ex Juli@ sound card

2. We could improve the performance by hand selecting and testing all the components on our own circuit board.

3. It eliminates 3 connection points

4. It integrates the output module and the sound processing section into one circuit instead of two.

james

Last edited by jamestanner@bryston.com; Yesterday at 02:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1834 Unread Yesterday, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Certainly looking forward to getting mine next month, seems the timing couldn't be better.

post #1833 of 1834 Unread Today, 11:45 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speaker Strikes Again!

May, 2015

“James

I have had my Bryston Mini A’s now for a few weeks and after some break-in time, I am happy to report that the sound is nothing short of incredible.

I replaced a pair of (EDIT) which were significantly more expensive and I would have to say that the Mini A’s are a clear step up in performance.
The real low bass that comes out of these dinky little boxes is at times just amazing. Dynamics are stellar and imaging as well - I can’t wait to hear the Mini T’s in our showroom!

Whoever is responsible for the design of your loudspeakers knows their stuff and has a damn good ear (by my humble estimation).
Thanks again for the sweet deal.

When I recover from the expense, I might hit you up for a deal on a DAC and eventually an integrated amp.

Consider the Kool Aid fully drank….”

Marc Mable
Design Consultant
Maverick Integration
post #1834 of 1834 Unread Today, 12:04 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Loudspeaker Review

May, 2015

Favourite Quote:

• “Sheez…” Irv sighed. “The damn things sound better than speakers I’ve heard with $12,000 dollar price tags.”

Please see below the link to a review from Canada Hi-Fi Magazine on the Bryston A2 Loudspeaker.

This is our first professional review of the Bryston Model A2 loudspeaker … and when a seasoned reviewer purchases the speaker for his reference system it speaks volumes.

LINK: http://canadahifi.com/bryston-model-...eakers-review/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Arcam