The Official Bryston SP3 Thread. - Page 63 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #1861 of 1869 Old 05-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 25
James,

How long is your warranty on the sp3? Is it close to what you offer on your amplifiers?

David Lynch Current Equipment: Marantz AV8801, Proceed HPA3, Parasound HCA-1206, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1869 Old 05-24-2015, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 76
The Official Bryston SP3 Thread.

http://www.bryston.com/pages/warranty.html

Bryston analog audio and speaker products are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for twenty (20) years from the original date of manufacture. The warranty includes parts and labour.
Bryston Digital products and cables are warranted for five (5) years from the original date of manufacture. The warranty includes parts and labour.

Bryston products having motorized moving parts, excluding motorized volume controls, are warranted for three years from the original date of manufacture. The warranty includes parts and labour.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #1863 of 1869 Old 05-24-2015, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
James,

How long is your warranty on the sp3? Is it close to what you offer on your amplifiers?
Hi David

5 Years on Digital gear due to the ever changing landscape.

james
post #1864 of 1869 Old 05-26-2015, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm now hooked on Bryston products. The SP3 opened my eyes (and ears) to a world I didn't imagine was possible. My Anthem A5 amp just had the center channel go out, and dealing with Anthem has been a f--king nightmare. I bit the bullet and ordered the 9bsst2 to replace it. While I was at it, I picked up the BIT15 power conditioner to replace my very pitiful panamax I've been running for the last couple of years. I know the BIT15 is a rebranded Torus, but I couldn't resist having the bryston top to bottom in my media room.
post #1865 of 1869 Old 05-26-2015, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleD View Post
I'm now hooked on Bryston products. The SP3 opened my eyes (and ears) to a world I didn't imagine was possible....
While I hate to admit it, I am too. I trust the company, itself.
post #1866 of 1869 Old 05-26-2015, 12:03 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
While I hate to admit it, I am too. I trust the company, itself.
Yes indeed, I agree wholeheartedly. After dealing with the customer service, or lack there of, at Anthem it really opened my eyes to how great of a company Bryston is. I'm looking forward to hearing the trifecta of the BIT-15, SP3, and 9b sst2. The BIT and 9sst2 should both be here by the end of the week.

Last edited by KyleD; 05-26-2015 at 01:54 PM.
post #1867 of 1869 Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleD View Post
Yes indeed, I agree wholeheartedly. After dealing with the customer service, or lack there of, at Anthem it really opened my eyes to how great of a company Bryston is. I'm looking forward to hearing the trifecta of the BIT-15, SP3, and 9b sst2. The BIT and 9sst2 should both be here by the end of the week.
At some point, you've got to get the BDP-2. In fact, I think I'd rather have it than the BIT-15, but different strokes....
post #1868 of 1869 Old Today, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
At some point, you've got to get the BDP-2. In fact, I think I'd rather have it than the BIT-15, but different strokes....
Right now I use by OPPO BDP-105 connected to my NAS to play all my digital files. It does a fantastic job and plays the HD audio formats exceptionally well. I have it connected to my SP3 via the balanced XLR for 2 channel audio and HDMI for audio/video. I use the oppo quite a bit for steaming movies via VUDU which I wouldn't get from the BDP-2. Also I can use the jriver software to stream to the oppo which is also connected to an old denon AVR that powers my outside speakers (by my pool). I can sit by the pool soaking wet and access my entire digital music library with my iPhone.

While I'm sure the BDP-2 does audio better, I really can't complain about the oppo. I think the next bryston purchase I'll make is the BP1.5 phono stage, but if I do that I need a huge upgrade in my TT, so that won't be for quite a while.
post #1869 of 1869 Old Today, 11:15 AM

FYI if you're not on the Audio Advisor mailing list, they're having a 3 day sale on Bryston gear.

us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=80e5a8d1b82a27eb253d67a95&id=b69b60d90a&e=65199 aaadd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Arcam

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page