The Official Bryston SP3 Thread. - Page 72 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2131 of 2133 Old 10-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Originally Posted by Cluseman View Post
Greetings, new to the sp3, (and forums use in gereral). I purchased a used one, not 4K witch is no problem for me. I have two issues, I need to keep the hdmi on when I select balance 1, does any one know how to set this up? The hdmi is my PC, I have a PSaudio DAC on balance 1 and Roon on PC, can use roon app on iPad for roon but prefer the projector.
Also, when I turn off the unit, I have to unplug and plug back in for the power switch to power on the unit. Must be a setting wrong. Any ideas are appreciated.
I have just been leaving on unless leaving for a few days. Using bryston amps.
Love the sound of this unit. The logic of the setup is nice once you get the hang of it. Thank you
I called Bryston, they walked me through and set it up with the features I needed. All good
AVfile likes this.
Sponsored Links
post #2132 of 2133 Old Today, 02:44 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Bryston SP3 with 4K upgrade board

I have not been on this thread for a while and am looking for advice. I have 1 of the original SP3's with Serial no 112.
I am moving to 4K and would like to continue to use the SP3 as it was intended for video pass thru. I see that they have replaced the original HDMI board which was a Momentum Data Systems HSR8-3D around 2015 with the HSR-82.2 HDMI board.
Has anyone upgraded their SP3 with this new HDMI board?
I ask because this new board still does NOT support HDR and is NOT HDMI 2.0a.
I realize it is almost impossible for Bryston to "chase" HDMI's always changing specs. But a few things, especially HDR are critical to get the full benefits of SUHD.
My question is, has anyone used their SP3 with the new HDMI board and passed thru HDR? What errors would I expect if the projector and source both support HDR? HDMI 1.4 does not support Rec 2020 colour space or HDR.
Is anyone aware of if or when Bryston will ever offer the ability to pass thru HDR?
post #2133 of 2133 Old Today, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Best Use of SP3 for me.

I find the best use of the SP3 to be music in surround. Movie sound is just incidental because most processors, even less expensive ones sound good with movies. But, the SP3 makes music in surround sound so immersive that two channels seem to collapse the sound. I use DPLIIx music in 7.1 for most two channel sources up to a 192/24 sampling rate. And, don't get me started on some of this quad music. Chicago Quadio sounds absolutely stunning on the SP3 with the horns so clean and delineated, it sounds like ear candy to be sure; all nine discs. I think DTS-HD may eventually replace SACD and DVD-A.
Sponsored Links
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Arcam , bryston sp3