The Official Bryston SP3 Thread. - Page 73 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2161 of 2164 Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dbphd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montecito, CA
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
Did you know that as of the date and time of this post, there is not one used Bryston SP3 for sale on the internet?
It's such a fine processor whey would anyone want to sell theirs? Yesterday, I bought a used Bryston balanced 10B bass manager so I can shunt below 100 HZ from my LS50s to the subs while maintaining a balanced link from disc player through preamp to amp (Ayre 5-series components).

db
gbaby likes this.
dbphd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2162 of 2164 Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,956
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post
It's such a fine processor whey would anyone want to sell theirs? Yesterday, I bought a used Bryston balanced 10B bass manager so I can shunt below 100 HZ from my LS50s to the subs while maintaining a balanced link from disc player through preamp to amp (Ayre 5-series components).

db
When James Tanner was asked about an SP4 with ATMOS, he responded that an SP4 was not even being considered as the SP3 is selling extremely well. My personal belief is that people who long for ATMOS are not music lovers but lovers of movies with gimmicks. This is exactly what I felt about ATMOS when I heard it. I tried to make myself like it, but always came away with the feeling it was gimmicky. I heard bullets flying in the ceiling in a ground war.
gbaby is offline  
post #2163 of 2164 Old Today, 07:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
When James Tanner was asked about an SP4 with ATMOS, he responded that an SP4 was not even being considered as the SP3 is selling extremely well. My personal belief is that people who long for ATMOS are not music lovers but lovers of movies with gimmicks. This is exactly what I felt about ATMOS when I heard it. I tried to make myself like it, but always came away with the feeling it was gimmicky. I heard bullets flying in the ceiling in a ground war.
I understand the SP3s audio is amazing. I agree. But, isn't the SP3 marketed as a HT SSP? If that is the case aren't the "gimmicks"
needed? Maybe not ATMOS but I would expect HDR and Dolby Vision.
highnelly is offline  
 
post #2164 of 2164 Old Today, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dbphd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montecito, CA
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnelly View Post
I understand the SP3s audio is amazing. I agree. But, isn't the SP3 marketed as a HT SSP? If that is the case aren't the "gimmicks"
needed? Maybe not ATMOS but I would expect HDR and Dolby Vision.
It certainly does function well as a great sounding HT SSP. I use mine for music and HT, with an Esoteric SA-60 and Oppo 105D as sources. It does a superb job of bass management and passes video cleanly, but does not process it. Bryston seems to eschew gimmicks.

db
dbphd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Arcam , bryston sp3

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off