Different sound volume - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-23-2012, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When listening to regular tv the sound is fine. When I use my PS3 bluray player the sound is so loud and the subwoofer shakes the room. When i turn it down i can barely hear speaking. Can I use the remote to turn down the subwoofer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 87
There are three different factors here.

1) Not all sources will have same sound level even digital sources. Some receivers have an internal trim per source to adjust

2) Many TV sources are flat, dynamically speaking; So you turn up the volume to hear dialog, and it gets louder, but still not dynamic; you forget you turned it up for TV dialog, and put in modern action movie and it's super loud...happens to me too. One option is to reduce the dynamic range of the volume. See your receiver manual for options.

3) Some movies will have lots of bass. Modern action movies. Tron, for example (the recent one,) has crazy amounts of bass. You can reduce dynamic range which can help if you don't like this. If that does not help enough, manually adjust bass using subwoofer's controls or receiver remote control (see your receiver manual.) Make note of normal setting, so you can restore the setting as needed

"But this one goes up to 11"
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page