Issues with Onkyo TX-SR 605 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the other day I came back from a vacation and went to turn on the tv and the the receiver said it was receiving no signal via hdmi from the cable box. Because it was late and I didnt have the energy to mess with it I turned on the playstation to watch some netflix and ran into the same problem. The next day I double checked the settings on the receiver, the cable box, and the playstation and everything looks right. I ran the hdmi cable directly from the cable box to the tv and got no signal. I ran the hdmi cable directly from the playstation to the tv and got a signal. Did the hmdi input ports on my receiver go out or am I overlooking something? I would appreciate any insight that you guys could give me.

For the moment I have switched everything over to component, but there appears to be some shielding issues or something. The cable shows some discoloration, same with the playstation, except that it also causes the sub to "hum" slightly. And, to top it all off, the xbox is basically unusable while the other component cables are plugged in. The picture goes in and out and bounces around the screen.

Sorry for the rambling, but im about to start pulling my hair out over here. If anyone has any questions or suggestions I would be happy to here them. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 1590
If the cable box to the TV resulted in no signal then at the very least there is likely an issue with the cable box.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 126
My suggestion would be to Reset Processor in the Onkyo...
Then check things out. Note that you will have to rerun the EQ software and station presets.

Just my $0.02... wink.gif
post #4 of 7 Old 07-24-2012, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Luckily, Im not to concerned with the cable box as the cable company will replace it free of cost.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-24-2012, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Im willing to try anything at this point. A reset it is. I'll let you guys know how it goes after I get it done later today.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, didn't work. I guess I'll try and call Onkyo but I doubt they'll be of any help. Seeming more and more like I need to start shopping for a new budget receiver. I really just wish I knew what happened. If anyone else can help I'm all ears.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Same model, same situation almost identical.

Everything worked fine ... HDMI in for PS3 and cable box and composite for Wii. Moved to a new home... no video passing through anymore at all.

I can get wii audio only, and when I leave the setup (HDMI monitor on) I can see a very distorted and brief flicker of the wii screen.

The HDMI inputs show "no connection" and no audio.

All video and audio works directly to TV perfectly.

I'd love to know what you find out.

- Michael
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr608 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr607 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr876 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr605 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr705 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr606 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr806 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr505 Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr608 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page