Big difference going from a emotiva umc 1 to parasound c2 ! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I recently bought a emotiva umc 1, a sub12 and a xp 5 amp, I was having trouble with the auto mode on the sub, emotiva sent me a replacement sub, but it had the same problem, after some research on the umc I found that it had bass managment issues. also, it did not sound any better sonicly then the receiver that it replaced, so I took a loss and sold it, I bought a used parasound c2 prepro and after hooking it up, I found a huge jump in quality of sound in both music and ht, I had planned on buying the new prepro that emotiva has comming out, but not anymore, I hooked all my video sources up direct to my tv and will forgo hdmi and stay with the parasound. the sub auto feature works with the parasound. on a positive note, emotiva xp 5 5 channel amp is excellent, and the sub sounds great through the c2 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Excellent! Enjoy the SQ.

On a personal note, I have never had a bad experience with any Parasound product and consider them great quality and value for money spent. Same with the Emotiva amps.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A huge increase in SQ, huh? Well, that's positively wrong, but enjoy your zero-to-slight quality increase.

Not trying to be a douche, but greatly exaggerating your claims like this doesn't really help the community. Not knocking your purchase though as I like Parasound just as much as the next guy here...

Anyway, enjoy...

"Vintage" is good for wine, not for A/V equipment.

-Dan D.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMan View Post

A huge increase in SQ, huh? Well, that's positively wrong, but enjoy your zero-to-slight quality increase.
Not trying to be a douche, but greatly exaggerating your claims like this doesn't really help the community. Not knocking your purchase though as I like Parasound just as much as the next guy here...
Anyway, enjoy...
Sorry, but I stand by my original post, the difference in sound quality was not suttle, bass had much better definition, highs were much smother and seperation was much better, as I said in my original post, the umc replaced a onkyo receiver that I was using as a prepro, and there was no improvement in sound quality from the onkyo to the umc, compared to the difference from the umc to the parasound.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMan View Post

Anyway, enjoy...

I had no problem with the OP's thoughts on the SQ improvements from the UMC-1 to the C2. Your post on the other hand is rude and condescending. It amazes me that you say the OP's post "doesn't really help the community" but yours is just fine rolleyes.gif. I think you got it backwards wink.gif.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I was planning to do a Review of Emotiva's new "high end" amp (and compare it to Parasound's latest) but they pretty much didn't want any part of it. I guess I could always just buy one outright then sell it. Parasound had no issue and gladly sent me theirs for Review. Go figure. Hmmmmm.

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer View Post

Sorry, but I stand by my original post, the difference in sound quality was not suttle, bass had much better definition, highs were much smother and seperation was much better, as I said in my original post, the umc replaced a onkyo receiver that I was using as a prepro, and there was no improvement in sound quality from the onkyo to the umc, compared to the difference from the umc to the parasound.

Good for you. While I understand the need for caution when dealing with hyperbole in descriptives, the 'there is only one sound' crowd always shows up when anyone finds a significant difference between components. You know ... was everything level matched and double blinded? I guess the high end market is just based on taking stupid peoples money. rolleyes.gif Glad you like the C2.