post #1801 of 1846 Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsrgreat View Post

That is amazing.....if I could find one for 75% off retail, id buy it, and I don't even need one.

yes...got one new in box for 65% off

I was going to repeat the same drill i did last year when I found a SC57 on clearance...I ran it back to back with my current SC37( same speakers, same room) to see if I liked it better

In the case of the SC57..I actually like the SC37 better...so I sold the SC57

I almost dont want to open the SC67 box..I guess for fear of not liking it and having to pack it back and then figure what to do

As odd as it sounds I almost wish the SC67 had been an open box unit

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1846 Old 01-15-2014, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I finally got around to setting a static IP address for my SC-67 along with a few other devices. I still can't get the iControlAV 2012 to work on my Galaxy S2. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to make this program work?
post #1803 of 1846 Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
since I have hard wired my internet connection, I have not had a single drop out, and I do not have a static IP.

After I got a new S4, the icontrol would not work. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and presto, it was working.
post #1804 of 1846 Old 01-16-2014, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer181 View Post

I finally got around to setting a static IP address for my SC-67 along with a few other devices. I still can't get the iControlAV 2012 to work on my Galaxy S2. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to make this program work?

and you manually entered that IP address into the i-app itself?

Steve
post #1805 of 1846 Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 AM

Yes, I did. After I did it had the correct subnet mask # and everything.
post #1806 of 1846 Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Does anyone know what DAC in SC-67?

I just realized that SC-75 still a bit more expensive than SC-67, so I wonder if the DAC make difference.

I heard that SABRE32 DAC is alot better?

Thanks,

post #1807 of 1846 Old 01-25-2014, 07:22 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainsanity View Post

I just realized that SC-75 still a bit more expensive than SC-67, so I wonder if the DAC make difference.
Thanks,

I would ignore what you heard until someone is able to identify it from another DAC in a bias controlled listening test.
post #1808 of 1846 Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I would not say that the ES9016 Sabre DACs are a lot better. They are probably better but can you tell the difference? The ES9016 DAC is in my Oppo BDP-83SE and I can say that there is an improvement over my older player with a Cirrus Logic DAC (which is a few years older). But would there be much improvement over last years model? Maybe some, but not much.

Also, the ES9016 is an older DAC, the current one is the ES9018. It really depends on how good or bad the previous DAC was. I have a SC-67 and am happy with it.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #1809 of 1846 Old 01-26-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 233
The difference is not the DAC but in the feature sets. And marketing.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #1810 of 1846 Old 01-26-2014, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainsanity View Post

Thanks,

I believe it is the AsahiKASEI AK4480 for the SC-67. ESS claims a 14 dB greater dynamic range, and a 10 dB lower THD than AK does.

ESS Products - DAC

Link to earlier post in this thread with information about the AK4480 DAC.

As far as the Sabre being a better DAC, that would be best determined by some blind A/B testing between the corresponding models in each series (SC-77 vs. SC-67 for example), and to my knowledge no one has done that. I haven't even been able to find any professional reviews comparing the two. All that I can tell you is that the ESS Sabre DACs have been well regarded in the Oppo Blu-ray players that they have been used in.
post #1811 of 1846 Old 01-27-2014, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Guys, I recently got a SC-67 from BB as part of a full re-do of my Home Theater. I was able to get a never used, sealed box, for $699, after a lot of negotiating and because I also got new B&W speakers and a Panasonic Plasma. For the money, I could not justify not buying it and getting a more recent version of an Elite receiver or getting an open box Yamaha (as nice and simple as their GUI is).

I wanted to contribute though. As I see it, a lot of people here seem to be having issues with the app and connectivity. Well, something that worked well for me was re-booting the SC's internal server when Airplay would work but nothing else would. That was simple enough and all it takes is for you to turn the receiver on then hold the power button for about 10 seconds until it clicks and powers off. Then try your mobile stuff again.

Also, have you guys tried the same app on an iPad? Love seeing the graphics from the settings there that don't show up on the phone app.
post #1812 of 1846 Old 02-01-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Hi All,

Just messing around with some advanced input switching on my SC-67. It looks like some inputs are designated as audio only and can't be assigned an HDMI video input. My goal would be to have the SAT STB video paired with another external source's audio (listen to something else while having TV on in the background - all in the main Zone). It also appears that even on video inputs, HDMi assigning is discrete and locked such that you can't assign one physical HDMI input to more than one selectable input on the AVR. I was thinking I would use a second video input that pulled video from the SAT STB HDMI and audio from that input's analog input but it looks like I can't do that.

Am I missing something or is this just a limitation of the SC-67? I can think of various workarounds, (HDMI splitting from the SAT STB, using the Zone 4 HDMI out to feed the TV and doing some more advanced remote programming, etc), but wanted to see if I was overlooking something before going down that road. Thanks!

Jeff

I'm nerdy in the extreme, I'm whiter than sour cream...
post #1813 of 1846 Old 02-01-2014, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

^^
while it's true that some HDMI inputs can't be assigned to internal receiver audio sources (Internet Radio, Pandora, FM, etc). you do have flexibility in using ext audio inputs that are paired to an HDMI input, providing you know how to select them wink.gif take a look at your manual pg 47 first:

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

now look at pg 12 showing your remote buttons. you'll see SIGNAL SELECT on your remote. then look at pg 60:

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

use the SIG SEL button to manually select the audio signal you want to use with that input. Auto is the default and will always choose HDMI audio over anything else if it's present for an input. the priority in Auto is HDMI >> Digital >> Analog.

for using an Ipod for music, no you can't pair it with HDMI by plugging it into the Ipod USB port. but you can put your Ipod in an external dock that has digital or analog outputs and plug them into that input, then select the audio signal.

for SAT/CBL, just plug in the source of choice, CD/DVD/BD player, Ipod dock, PC with a sound card with analog or digital outs, into the receiver, pick analog or digital signal manually and you can watch HDMI video with other audio.

or use the SAT box's component video & digital connections instead of HDMI and you can have all the flexibility in the world. no one says you have to connect your box with HDMI wink.gif there is no technical advantage of using HDMI over analog component or digital audio for a cable or sat tuner box. component can handle 1080i/p and all the audio is compressed dolby digital, stereo or mono. HDMI is not needed except for the "convenience" of one cable. in some cases, cable/sat boxes have problems using HDMI thru receivers. if yours works, good but then you do have the limitations noted in the manual wink.gif

and you can un-assign an HDMI input from its named input, freeing up the named input while still using HDMI. HDMI would be 1, 2, 3 etc and the SAT/CBL, BD, DVD can be used for other things using analog/digital connections, gaining even more connectivity in the process.

Steve
post #1814 of 1846 Old 02-01-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks for the detailed reply. A couple of additional points of clarification:

- I have to use HDMI because the SAT STB sources are in the central rack being distributed via a Crestron DM.
- My interest in doing this at all was sparked by me potential totally getting into LPs. I've been a digital child forever (started with tapes, never had a TT) and am now dipping my tow in the water. I have a TT on loan from my dealer while I am testing out how I like the experience. Just using the built-in phono input now but would use an external phono stage if I decide to go all in. That would let me use any analog input for the TT.

So Signal Select looks like my best bet. It's not as useful for this application as what Denon does with "Video Select", which actually also lets you choose a video source in the fly on the phono input as well, but it should give me what I want (once I have an external phono stage).

One additional question. You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

and you can un-assign an HDMI input from its named input, freeing up the named input while still using HDMI. HDMI would be 1, 2, 3 etc and the SAT/CBL, BD, DVD can be used for other things using analog/digital connections, gaining even more connectivity in the process.

I think I see what you're saying, but not 100% sure. This just allows you to disassociate named HDMI inputs specifically from those names inputs for use with other inputs, right?

post #1815 of 1846 Old 02-01-2014, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbyhkr View Post

I have a TT on loan from my dealer while I am testing out how I like the experience...This just allows you to disassociate named HDMI inputs specifically from those names inputs for use with other inputs, right?

I have to smile, since I'm an old-er fart who grew up solidly in the 60's and 70's when vinyl was king smile.gif it's going to be more time-consuming than playing a shiny disc or ipod but there is a certain satisfaction involved wink.gif when you play a file or even disc, you can easily just use it as background noise, barely paying attention to the music while you're multitasking or doing chores because it doesn't wear out and it can almost be treated as a throwaway experience. but once you lower than cartridge on a spinning LP, knowing that every time you play it, just a tiny little bit of wear occurs, so you tend to really focus on the sound and the music.

and while there are thousands of examples of well-engineered CD's, I can honestly tell you that some times, the vinyl will sound more 3 dimensional, more holographic. that may be one reason why vinyl is seeing a resurgence with audiophiles.

I have experienced this myself many times, playing both versions. the very 1st SpyroGyra album with the pop-jazz tune Morning Dance on it. the CD is flat, one plane dimensional, lifeless - while the spread between the speakers is excellent and there's the digital advantage of no vinyl noise, there is no depth to the sound-stage, all sound is in one plane, and this is even using a $3000 Sony SACD/CD player of high renown. on the other hand, the original LP from the 80's is very 3 dimensional, where there's clear delineation between instruments and layering front to back in the front soundstage and this is stereo, no surround processing! I ruined that LP years ago by spraying some antistatic "preservative" that put pits in the grooves and it's trashed. last year I scored a half speed mastered audiophile pressing of the LP on 'bay and couldn't be happier. there just isn't any comparison between the CD & either of the LP's. the LPs are clearly superior sounding with more realism.

I can give you many other examples but I'd be boring you wink.gif you need to experience it for yourself. for the record, I am definitely not anti-digital, not at all. I own many hundreds of CD's, SACD's, and DVD-A's, even a few files. and all of the SACD's/DVD-A's I own are excellent audiophile quality, and most of the CD's I have do sound excellent to very good. but there are recordings that do have a better sound quality on vinyl, to me anyway.

if you really get the bug, try looking at existing library of Mobile Sound Fidelity Labs LPs and try to find some of their "classics" from the 70's & 80's on ebay and amazon. I have an MFSL LP or Fleetwood Mac self-titled with Rhiannon, Crystalline, that is phenomenal and many other jazz & rock MFSL LP's that will give you an idea of what good vinyl can sound like. Sheffield Labs is another now-defunct audiophile label from the late 70's-80's that had some fantastic recordings. I don't know much about the current crop of audiophile pressings sold at Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc & Music Direct but many "classic" records of all genres are there to buy smile.gif

I hope your dealer is getting you a decent TT to try out with a decent cartridge. over the years I had 2 Duals and recently retired the 2nd functioning one. I currently use a Music Hall MMF-7 & replaced the last Dual with a Rega RP6 w/Dynavector 20XL moving coil cartridge. I have 2 because I have a vintage Sansui quad system and I shifted the MMF to quad LP playback duties. I use the Rega for stereo.

I am set for the rest of my life to enjoy my extensive LP collection biggrin.gif

if you get the bug, my guess is you'll want a better phono preamp than the one in the receiver. let your dealer guide you since you are a rookie on types of cartridges. there are preamps for high output moving magnet & moving coil cartridges, ones made for low output moving coils and ones that can do both by changing settings. the one in receivers is for moving magnets which are all high outout, very common & tend to be more reasonably priced.

welcome to the world of Analog Audio wink.gif I hope you enjoy it.

Steve
post #1816 of 1846 Old 02-01-2014, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbyhkr View Post

I think I see what you're saying, but not 100% sure. This just allows you to disassociate named HDMI inputs specifically from those names inputs for use with other inputs, right?

I didn't get to answering this redface.gif but yes. in the input setup menu, any of the named inputs you can remove the HDMI input # and therefore, the named input and HDMI #x are independent of each other. Pioneer used to do it that way and let you assign them on your own or not. they only started bundling up out of the box starting with the SC-57 generation IIRC. I guess because it's easier for new owners to get started using their receiver but that's a guess smile.gif

Steve
post #1817 of 1846 Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I have to smile, since I'm an old-er fart who grew up solidly in the 60's and 70's when vinyl was king smile.gif it's going to be more time-consuming than playing a shiny disc or ipod but there is a certain satisfaction involved wink.gif when you play a file or even disc, you can easily just use it as background noise, barely paying attention to the music while you're multitasking or doing chores because it doesn't wear out and it can almost be treated as a throwaway experience. but once you lower than cartridge on a spinning LP, knowing that every time you play it, just a tiny little bit of wear occurs, so you tend to really focus on the sound and the music.

and while there are thousands of examples of well-engineered CD's, I can honestly tell you that some times, the vinyl will sound more 3 dimensional, more holographic. that may be one reason why vinyl is seeing a resurgence with audiophiles.

I have experienced this myself many times, playing both versions. the very 1st SpyroGyra album with the pop-jazz tune Morning Dance on it. the CD is flat, one plane dimensional, lifeless - while the spread between the speakers is excellent and there's the digital advantage of no vinyl noise, there is no depth to the sound-stage, all sound is in one plane, and this is even using a $3000 Sony SACD/CD player of high renown. on the other hand, the original LP from the 80's is very 3 dimensional, where there's clear delineation between instruments and layering front to back in the front soundstage and this is stereo, no surround processing! I ruined that LP years ago by spraying some antistatic "preservative" that put pits in the grooves and it's trashed. last year I scored a half speed mastered audiophile pressing of the LP on 'bay and couldn't be happier. there just isn't any comparison between the CD & either of the LP's. the LPs are clearly superior sounding with more realism.

I can give you many other examples but I'd be boring you wink.gif you need to experience it for yourself. for the record, I am definitely not anti-digital, not at all. I own many hundreds of CD's, SACD's, and DVD-A's, even a few files. and all of the SACD's/DVD-A's I own are excellent audiophile quality, and most of the CD's I have do sound excellent to very good. but there are recordings that do have a better sound quality on vinyl, to me anyway.

if you really get the bug, try looking at existing library of Mobile Sound Fidelity Labs LPs and try to find some of their "classics" from the 70's & 80's on ebay and amazon. I have an MFSL LP or Fleetwood Mac self-titled with Rhiannon, Crystalline, that is phenomenal and many other jazz & rock MFSL LP's that will give you an idea of what good vinyl can sound like. Sheffield Labs is another now-defunct audiophile label from the late 70's-80's that had some fantastic recordings. I don't know much about the current crop of audiophile pressings sold at Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc & Music Direct but many "classic" records of all genres are there to buy smile.gif

I hope your dealer is getting you a decent TT to try out with a decent cartridge. over the years I had 2 Duals and recently retired the 2nd functioning one. I currently use a Music Hall MMF-7 & replaced the last Dual with a Rega RP6 w/Dynavector 20XL moving coil cartridge. I have 2 because I have a vintage Sansui quad system and I shifted the MMF to quad LP playback duties. I use the Rega for stereo.

I am set for the rest of my life to enjoy my extensive LP collection biggrin.gif

if you get the bug, my guess is you'll want a better phono preamp than the one in the receiver. let your dealer guide you since you are a rookie on types of cartridges. there are preamps for high output moving magnet & moving coil cartridges, ones made for low output moving coils and ones that can do both by changing settings. the one in receivers is for moving magnets which are all high outout, very common & tend to be more reasonably priced.

Thanks again for the feedback. I'm approaching 40, but started using computers at age 8, so digital is my first love. I read something a few months back about how people were turning to (or back to) vinyl as a way of reconnecting more with the music. I figured I'd give it a shot. The TT the dealer lent me is a Pro-Ject 5.1SE with a Sumiko Blue Point #2 cartridge. So far, I have to say, I'm very impressed. The additional setup, upkeep/maintenance and effort to simply keep the music playing takes some getting used to for sure after years of digital. I won't go away from digital, of course, so I'll still have my various digital solutions. This would be in addition and another flavor to indulge in when I felt inclined.

I've done research into various TT solutions (VPI, Clearaudio, Rega, Pro-Ject, Sota, SME, etc) and I have found one that I likely will go with if this test run pans out. Given it's performance, future upgradeability, very cool and unique look, etc I'm seriously considering a JA Michel Gyro. As for phono stage, I'm poking around on those still but so far I do like Rega's Aria. My goal would be to put together a good solution that will last me for years.

post #1818 of 1846 Old 02-06-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PQqH5kTto

home theater addict
post #1819 of 1846 Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I am about to get an SC-67, BUT, the SC-75/77 is making me pause... the Sabre32 DAC, AND the fact that ControlAV2013 app has this "Push iPod" feature, so you can directly play your iPod/iPad music on the receiver, without anything like Air Play or else...

Question for SC-67/68 owners:

- Have you heard SC-77 vs. 67/68 and have you heard any difference?
- HOW do you play your iPad/iPod music on your Receiver?

I don't have Apple TV or Airplay, but I guess I could get it, and I will most likely be using a Control 4 automation for controls, and remote... so that may also play a role.

Thanks

Pioneer Elite Kuro 111FD, Elite BDP-05FD, Elite 72TXV, B&W 805/XTC/M1.
post #1820 of 1846 Old 02-21-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post

I am about to get an SC-67, BUT, the SC-75/77 is making me pause... the Sabre32 DAC, AND the fact that ControlAV2013 app has this "Push iPod" feature, so you can directly play your iPod/iPad music on the receiver, without anything like Air Play or else...

Question for SC-67/68 owners:

- Have you heard SC-77 vs. 67/68 and have you heard any difference?
- HOW do you play your iPad/iPod music on your Receiver?

I don't have Apple TV or Airplay, but I guess I could get it, and I will most likely be using a Control 4 automation for controls, and remote... so that may also play a role.

Thanks

The SC-67 is made to play Ipod's. It actually comes with a cable that charges your ipod and plays it on the system. It will even play videos if using the cable.
post #1821 of 1846 Old 02-21-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer181 View Post

The SC-67 is made to play Ipod's. It actually comes with a cable that charges your ipod and plays it on the system. It will even play videos if using the cable.

I know that, but not wirelessly through the app.

post #1822 of 1846 Old 02-21-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post

I know that, but not wirelessly through the app.

I believe the SC-67 has Apple Airplay, the same as the SC-77 (which is what I have). I don't bother with the Push Player feature on iControlAV2013. I just use the built in Airplay feature on both my iPad and iPhone to select the SC-77 for playing music. Then I just use the regular music app on the iPad or IPhone which will then play over the SC-77. You don't need an AppleTV or anything special to do that.
post #1823 of 1846 Old 02-22-2014, 02:09 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:

I have to smile, since I'm an old-er fart who grew up solidly in the 60's and 70's when vinyl was king smile.gif it's going to be more time-consuming than playing a shiny disc or ipod but there is a certain satisfaction involved...... don't know much about the current crop of audiophile pressings sold at Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc & Music Direct but many "classic" records of all genres are there to buy smile.gif

So I just retrieved many LPs from my dad's cellar and want to give them a spin as he doesn't want them! Many of them look brand new from the 60s and 70s!

I don't want to spend a fortune but want to see how they compare to SACDs! I love surround sound music so I doubt these would do it for me but who knows? What turn table would you recommend! Again I don't want to spend a fortune!
post #1824 of 1846 Old 02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

So, I can get SC-77 for about $500 more than SC-67, both quite discounted... is it worth the extra $$ for SC-77?

Thanks

post #1825 of 1846 Old 02-25-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

So I just retrieved many LPs from my dad's cellar and want to give them a spin as he doesn't want them! Many of them look brand new from the 60s and 70s!

I don't want to spend a fortune but want to see how they compare to SACDs! I love surround sound music so I doubt these would do it for me but who knows? What turn table would you recommend! Again I don't want to spend a fortune!
This one is widely considered a great entry-level table: http://www.stereophile.com/turntables/pro-ject_debut_iii_record_player/

post #1826 of 1846 Old 02-25-2014, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

the lower Pro-ject models or Music Hall's. both are made in the same Czech factory by Pro-ject. I have the MH MMF-7 which isn't a budget table at >$1000 now but take a look at the MMF-5 and 2.1. both MH & Pro'ject's can be bought with a pre-installed moving magnet cartridge, all setup and aligned. just have to dial in the stylus force & set the antiskate. also, the Rega RP3 might fit your budget.

if you do want to get into a table that's in the $1000-1500 zone, add the Rega RP6, Music Hall MM-7.1, VPI Traveler, Clearaudio Concept.

Steve
post #1827 of 1846 Old 03-03-2014, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi all,

My SC-67 is on its way, got a great deal with full Warranty and didn't bother paying extra for SC-77 which is gonna be obsolete with HDMI 2.0 around the corner...

I got the following question for my mutli-zone setup (admittedly NEWBIE Qs):

- Zone 1: 5.1, B&W 805 fronts, B&W XTC Center, B&W M1 rear, B&W PV1 sub
- Zone 2: Dining Room: 2.0, B&W M1
- Zone 3: Kitchen TV via HDMI with wireless connector (HDMI out to IOGear, to wireless receiver to the TV)

How do I do the following:
- Use extra 2 channels for bi-amping the main speakers
- Play audio through all channels (I assume that's just an easy all-stereo setting)
- Watch one program on main TV, BUT another in the Kitchen TV? How's that possible?
- Feed HDMI Video only to Kitchen TV, BUT, get the audio from the Dining room speakers!

Last point is very key. If I could do that, then I don't need to buy an actual TV with speakers, but can just get a monitor and fee the audio through the speakers. I just however wanna make sure I can easily switch it back for a separate zone, and or to play with main 5.1 system.

Thanks!

PS. I might have a Control 4 system installed later, to automate the above, but for now like to know if app could do it, and if I could have some Macro programs to just switch from one mode to next.

post #1828 of 1846 Old 03-07-2014, 02:52 AM

Hey everybody,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Marco and I can say I am a proud owner of the SC-LX76 since about two weeks ago biggrin.gif
This is my very 1st Pioneer AVR (before the Pioneer I've owned 2 Onkyo amps, the TX-SR606 and TX-SR707).
I got a 7.1 Kef speaker setup (KHT3005SE package + 2 additional KHT3001SE satellites) hooked up using weber-maurer-w-m-bs-209s silver banana plugs/
I got all of my components hooked up using HDMI only to the AVR using its HDMI out 1 (control) to my Kuro LX5090H plasma and also only use the main zone so I'd call this as straight forward a setup as can be (living room setup).
I use my HT mostly for watching films on BD and the occassional multichannel music also on BD.
So far I'm very impressed with the sound after a full MCACC calibration.
Yes the learning curve was a bit steep at first having to learn different terminology Pioneer uses compared to what I learned over the years using the Onk amps, and I'm sure that learning curve will stay rather steep for a while to come but I'm very happy to have finally made the switch to Pioneer smile.gif
I've read every page of this excellent thread so been a long time lurker here and felt now being the right time to introduce myself wink.gif

Pioneer Kuro LX5090H (ISFccc) : Pioneer SC-LX76-K : Pioneer BDP-LX55 region free : Kef KHT3005SE (7.1) : Dune HD Base 3.0 Media Player : Audio Technica ATH-M50 : Dreambox DM7020HDv2 : PS4 : PS3 : Google Galaxy Nexus : Harmony One
post #1829 of 1846 Old 03-23-2014, 09:14 AM

I have a Pioneer SC-67 and have been having interment sound cutting in and out for a couple of months and it was getting worse and more often and it would cut out for longer amount of time.

The first 2 months I just thought it was crappy cable reception. The last couple weeks I began noticing it more with blurays so I new it just wasn't poorcable reception.

I have a ton of high speed HDMI cables so I put in a new set and the same thing. Against my better judgment I spent some cash on some "better quality" ones and still cut out at least 5 or 6 times an hour.

I put two more speakers to get 7.1 surround just so I could finally finish it (For Now).

A couple of weeks later it just stopped sending any video to my tv and would shut down the tv. It was acting like it was shorting out.

I then started to check the other HDMI ports and they all work fine as long as the tv and receiver were not using the port for ARC in any configuration. ARC on the TV and not the receiver would shut down the TV and it did the same thing with ARC on the reviver and not on the TV.

I can use any of the other ports and it works great. I don't need ARC, I just use my HTPC and don't use the built in apps on the TV. I have the optical line hooked up so I can get sound out of the TV if needed.

I think it is the receiver because it has always dropped out of any surround setting I had it on just before the sound would quit for a second and then start working again.

The TV is Samsung 64" 8500 Plasma and they are both only 7 months old. I do have a 4 year warranty on the TV and 2 years on the reviver.

Just wanted to know if there is anything I could try before going without a TV and receiver for god knows how long when I take them in for warranty work.mad.gif
post #1830 of 1846 Old 03-24-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I don't listen to music on ipod anymore(through the sc-67). I use the airplay feature. I will often take my laptop out to the back yard, open iTunes, and then I can select music (ALL OF MY MUSIC LIBRARY!) from their. My ipod does not have all music on it. Then I can play what I want using airplay from either an ipad or laptop. Much better... and I can change the music from outdoors, something I cant do if Im using my ipod...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite Sc 67 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 68 9 2 Channel Thx Ultra 2 Plus A V Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page