Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread - Page 62 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1831 of 1845 Old 03-24-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looks like Pioneer updated MCACC for their 2014 line of AVR. Now the have sub EQ. Sweet deal that they have SABRE DAC on their low end models.
I would love to the see their new 2014 Elite top of the line AVR.

MCACC Workflow tips <-- Click here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1845 Old 03-24-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfellas27 View Post

Looks like Pioneer updated MCACC for their 2014 line of AVR. Now the have sub EQ. Sweet deal that they have SABRE DAC on their low end models.
I would love to the see their new 2014 Elite top of the line AVR.

About 2 weeks late on the announcement - see below:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1522271/2014-pioneer-and-elite-lineup-hdmi-2-0-confirmed

What I think most of us want is for someone named Steve in Atlanta to share what he knows about that high-end Elite. Damn non-disclosures smile.gif
Must be patient.
post #1833 of 1845 Old 03-24-2014, 06:19 PM

Liked: 10
I tried to draw him out about nine months ago, got nothing.

I pay my -57's same-as-cash loan off in July. I'm thinking the timing is not a coincidence.

Paranoid? Me?
post #1834 of 1845 Old 04-04-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
anyone know how to play music via adapter port and play a game on ps3 at the same time? so that you can heard music through the system and not the game music?
post #1835 of 1845 Old 04-07-2014, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOne88 View Post

I have a Pioneer SC-67 and have been having interment sound cutting in and out for a couple of months and it was getting worse and more often and it would cut out for longer amount of time.

The first 2 months I just thought it was crappy cable reception. The last couple weeks I began noticing it more with blurays so I new it just wasn't poorcable reception.

I have a ton of high speed HDMI cables so I put in a new set and the same thing. Against my better judgment I spent some cash on some "better quality" ones and still cut out at least 5 or 6 times an hour.

I put two more speakers to get 7.1 surround just so I could finally finish it (For Now).

A couple of weeks later it just stopped sending any video to my tv and would shut down the tv. It was acting like it was shorting out.

I then started to check the other HDMI ports and they all work fine as long as the tv and receiver were not using the port for ARC in any configuration. ARC on the TV and not the receiver would shut down the TV and it did the same thing with ARC on the reviver and not on the TV.

I can use any of the other ports and it works great. I don't need ARC, I just use my HTPC and don't use the built in apps on the TV. I have the optical line hooked up so I can get sound out of the TV if needed.

I think it is the receiver because it has always dropped out of any surround setting I had it on just before the sound would quit for a second and then start working again.

The TV is Samsung 64" 8500 Plasma and they are both only 7 months old. I do have a 4 year warranty on the TV and 2 years on the reviver.

Just wanted to know if there is anything I could try before going without a TV and receiver for god knows how long when I take them in for warranty work.mad.gif

To fix this I had to do a factory reset and it works perfect again.

Thank you for helping me so I could get it working again.biggrin.gif
post #1836 of 1845 Old 04-20-2014, 10:39 AM

How do you do a factory reset on a SC-67??
post #1837 of 1845 Old 04-20-2014, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 228
^^
pg 81 in your operating manual.

Steve
post #1838 of 1845 Old 04-22-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmulousTrigger View Post

How do you do a factory reset on a SC-67??

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Pioneer/SC-67/Manual/293711?search=factory+reset&x=0&y=0
post #1839 of 1845 Old 05-29-2014, 09:21 PM

Have any SC-67/68 owners encountered any issues with composite video inputs, particularly with older devices, e.g., laserdisc players, vintage video consoles, etc.?  I've seen the notice about how if you use ARC with HDMI, you lose the SAT/CBL audio channels, but that's not what I'm referring to.  I'm specifically interested in how a perfectly working device can be hooked up to composite/analog connections, and the AVR being apparently incapable of detecting the incoming video signal.

(Some backstory:  I just picked up, and returned, an SC-77.  It was a lovely receiver, but I had to return it because it wasn't working with some of my composite video devices.  By not working, I mean the video wouldn't show up through the receiver.  The audio was working fine, but no video.  The devices that all had issues were on the older side (90's and earlier); the devices that were more modern (00's and later) fared just fine.  Sometimes I could get the video on these older devices to work by unplugging/replugging the cables, or by fussing with the video parameters, but sometimes, and with some devices, it wouldn't work at all.  All of these devices had worked (and still work) just fine with my VSX-32, so I don't know what the issue is.  Neither did the vendor, nor Pioneer support.  Hence my return.  I would still like to get a receiver that's capable of 9.1, and I'm fairly brand-loyal to Pioneer, but I don't know how far back this composite video bug extends.  I'm looking for information to help inform my decision:  go with an older Pioneer model, or wait for a later Pioneer model, or look toward another brand.

If you've successfully used this AVR with legacy devices (ideally multiple legacy devices) through a composite video input, or if you've encountered any issues getting said devices to work with this AVR, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

post #1840 of 1845 Old 06-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Liked: 22
trying to look in the manual at Pioneer but it isnt loading. My airplay connection seems to be so damn buggy that I want to use my ipod but cant stand scroling forever to find what I want. Can I use the controls straight from the ipod to play on the sc-67? I can do it on my cheap 200 dollar car stereo, but cant seem to do it on the Pionner.

Am I just missing something?

nevermind...pretty simple find on that question... feeling stupid:(

Last edited by hoopsrgreat; 06-16-2014 at 08:36 AM.
post #1841 of 1845 Old 06-27-2014, 02:02 PM

Liked: 12
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out how to hook up an eq to my sc 68. I'm not using for the eq functions, but just to have the meters running on it for the look. I have it connected to the dvr outs but nothing....... Any suggestions?
post #1842 of 1845 Old 06-30-2014, 03:00 PM

This is probably a stupid question but would I get better sound quality while listening to music plugging a USB into the front USB slot over just the HDMI in the back? The websites states "DSD File playback brings SACD music quality to the front USB Input."
post #1843 of 1845 Old 06-30-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer181 View Post
would I get better sound quality while listening to music plugging a USB into the front USB slot over just the HDMI in the back? "
I don't know but I doubt it. Based on wikipedia, HDMI specs is very capable but it depends on what HDMI device and audio source do you connect it to:
"For digital audio, if an HDMI device supports audio, it is required to support the baseline format: stereo (uncompressed) PCM. Other formats are optional, with HDMI allowing up to 8 channels of uncompressed audio at sample sizes of 16-bit, 20-bit and 24-bit, with sample rates of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz.[20][55] HDMI also supports any IEC 61937-compliant compressed audio stream, such as Dolby Digital and DTS, and up to 8 channels of one-bit DSD audio (used on Super Audio CDs) at rates up to four times that of Super Audio CD.[55] With version 1.3, HDMI supports lossless compressed audio streams Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio."

One thing we know for sure about SC-68 is that the front USB interface only supports 2 channels (so does the USB in the back) but the HDMI in the back supports TrueHD and HD Master multichannels. However, I don't know if the USB in the front uses the same DAC as the HDMI in the back. There is another DAC supporting the USB in the back as well.
post #1844 of 1845 Old 07-01-2014, 07:59 AM

Liked: 0
I have been having an odd issue lately with my SC67. When i power up, the display comes on and even sometimes i hear the amp click on but no picture or sound. It appears as though i can switch inputs but nothing happens with sound or picture. At this point something in the device is hung up or froze. The power button doesnt work to power down and the only way to fix is to pull out the power cord, re plug it in, and power back up and it works normally. Any ideas what might be happening or how to fix? Doesnt happen everytime - but is concerning and annoying.

AVR: Pioneer SC-67
Display: Samsung PN60F8500
LCR: Def Tech Mythos 2, 8, 2
Sub: SVS SB-2000
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
post #1845 of 1845 Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM

^^^
Sounds like you either have a bad power feed, something wrong with the power supply or circuit board on your sc67. If this only happens to sc67, you should send the sc67 in for service.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite Sc 67 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 68 9 2 Channel Thx Ultra 2 Plus A V Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page