Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread - Page 63 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1861 of 1875 Old 02-10-2015, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Pioneer says its all in the encoding. That all Discs don't have signal there.... :-(

Mains-Klipsch RF82ii Center-Klipsch RC 64ii Front Height-Klipsch Quintet II Surround-Klipsch Synergy S-1 Surround Back-Klipsch RS62ii Sub-Definitive Technology PF15TL Receiver-Pioneer Elite SC-65 BluRay-Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD Power Conditioner-Monster Power HTS 3600 Display-VIZIO M801d-A3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1875 Old 02-13-2015, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey guys I have the SC-67 and when I plug my I-phone inthrough the usb port and select the i-pod option I am able to play my musicbut for some reason my subs don’t work. Can anyone potentially tell me why my subs aren’t working and how topossibly make them work with the music? I'm guessing its some sort of setting?
post #1863 of 1875 Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

As I'm not an owner, maybe this is in the wrong thread but at the same time this is where the most SC-67 relevant info and expertise seems to be so I apologize if so.

Would anyone bother buying a used (although claimed unused i.e. BNIB and with receipt from authorized dealer and 2 years on warranty) one of these at this point or get something newer? If so, what price would you consider a good deal? Hopefully without biasing the answers, the asking price on this one is $1000 CAD.

Thanks in advance.
post #1864 of 1875 Old 03-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Liked: 11
AirPlay Issues

Lately, I have been having playback issues with AirPlay.

Symptoms and signs....
  1. First song plays fine but fails to play next selected song
  2. Songs from first playlist plays fine but fails to play next playlist
  3. While playing second song or playlist, AirPlay connection drops after few seconds. Looks like receiver is dropping it. Image on TV screen displays partial image - like good old image rolling (vhs) but horizontally
  4. Was not able to update to latest firmware using network - had to use USB.
Tried following but no luck

1. Same issue with multiple iOS devices
  2. Same iOS device work with VSX-44 without any issue
  3. Changed network cord from one port to another - direct connection to router
  4. Restarted, unplugged for few minutes, removed and inserted network cord after 10 min
  5. Restarted router
Potential issues but not tried yet:
  • Network cord
  • Receivers network port
Hope someone has answer to this issue. Thanks in advance for your input.
post #1865 of 1875 Old 04-04-2015, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
factory reset

Did you try factory reset it worked for me i thought network port was dead.......
post #1866 of 1875 Old 04-07-2015, 10:04 PM

Well, I got the UE22 error and its unrecoverable. All the resets and attempts to clear it have not worked. I even tried force updating the firmware but it hangs at 45% and then gives "Update Error 1". UE22 happened about a month ago and resetting worked temporarily. It's still under warranty so I'll be getting it fixed. Hopefully the part will be unavailable and Pioneer can send me a new SC-87. This sucks...
post #1867 of 1875 Old 04-15-2015, 01:31 PM

Update: My SC-68 is at the repair shop and has been there for about a week. Had to go round and round with Pioneer because the shop I bought the unit from is no longer an authorized dealer. They dropped Pioneer about a year ago. Pioneer used their CURRENT list of dealers and initially denied warranty. That got resolved, but now the part is on backorder until the end of June! I did not get a top of the line receiver to have it sit in the shop for 3 months! Music and movies are a major pastime for me and my family. I've owned Elite receivers for many years (started with a TSX-45TX, then an SC-37), and if this isn't resolved to my satisfaction then that will done with Pioneer.

I have opened a case with Pioneer and will be requesting a replacement SC-89. I use the USB-DAC feature with my HTPC and the SC-87 doesn't have that feature and it's a less expensive unit than the SC-68 was anyway. Their only choice is to replace it with the SC-89, honestly.

Greg
post #1868 of 1875 Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 AM

Update: I'm told by Pioneer that the replacement board is in the US and is being shipped to the shop. I should have my AVR back in about a week.

Greg
post #1869 of 1875 Old 04-20-2015, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkrider View Post
Well, I got the UE22 error and its unrecoverable. All the resets and attempts to clear it have not worked. I even tried force updating the firmware but it hangs at 45% and then gives "Update Error 1". UE22 happened about a month ago and resetting worked temporarily. It's still under warranty so I'll be getting it fixed. Hopefully the part will be unavailable and Pioneer can send me a new SC-87. This sucks...
Hawkrider, may I ask did you have the latest firmware on your Pioneer receiver before the UE22 error occurred? This failure has happened to many people who have Pioneer receivers and I'm just trying to find a pattern of why it is occurring with many owners.

Thanks
post #1870 of 1875 Old 04-20-2015, 01:52 PM

Yes, I had the latest firmware update since shortly after I bought it in July 2013. Couldn't figure out why Pandora wouldn't work...duh. So, I verified the firmware was correct the first time the UE22 came in. The 68 (and likely all of the Elite AVRs) won't let you update if it has the most current revision. There is a way that I found to try to force update the firmware. There's a combination of power + another button that will take you right to a service mode that you won't find in the manual. I tried to force update the firmware and it only hung at 45%. That's when I gave up and called Pioneer.

It seems more and more that large companies try to put out new technology without putting them through their paces and a good QC testing program. I mean, look at all the auto recalls lately! Ignition switches that turn the car off, airbags that throw shrapnel, suffocating cribs, salmonella peanuts... I'm just extremely lucky this didn't happen 3 months down the road and I don't have a $2500 doorstop. Heck, I'm extremely lucky it didn't short out and burn my house down! That's over-reacting, but $2500 is a lot of dough, and so is the ~$500 to have it repaired.

Greg
post #1871 of 1875 Old 04-20-2015, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmofanv View Post
Lately, I have been having playback issues with AirPlay.

Symptoms and signs....
  1. First song plays fine but fails to play next selected song
  2. Songs from first playlist plays fine but fails to play next playlist
  3. While playing second song or playlist, AirPlay connection drops after few seconds. Looks like receiver is dropping it. Image on TV screen displays partial image - like good old image rolling (vhs) but horizontally
  4. Was not able to update to latest firmware using network - had to use USB.
Tried following but no luck

1. Same issue with multiple iOS devices
  2. Same iOS device work with VSX-44 without any issue
  3. Changed network cord from one port to another - direct connection to router
  4. Restarted, unplugged for few minutes, removed and inserted network cord after 10 min
  5. Restarted router
Potential issues but not tried yet:
  • Network cord
  • Receivers network port
Hope someone has answer to this issue. Thanks in advance for your input.

I saw someone with a similar issue but a different make of receiver. the resolution turned out to be insuring that the album artwork did not exceed a certain size. If you are using iTunes a source, delete the artwork form files where the issue occurs and re-download from iTunes.
Hope this helps.
post #1872 of 1875 Old 04-22-2015, 10:10 PM

I got my SC-68 back today! It works flawlessly so far. Interestingly, the firmware version is different than what is on Pioneer's website. I now have version 1-214-084-513-160. The latest version I'm aware of is 1-204...

Greg
post #1873 of 1875 Old 04-25-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsimmons View Post
I saw someone with a similar issue but a different make of receiver. the resolution turned out to be insuring that the album artwork did not exceed a certain size. If you are using iTunes a source, delete the artwork form files where the issue occurs and re-download from iTunes.
Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for responding!

For sure, it was album artwork but not resolution or size of the file but type of file in my case. Turned out to be, artwork that I used was GIF instead of JPEG. Don't know why I switched/used GIF instead of JPEG for few albums. Ever since I added few albums with GIF, issue popped up.

I changed from GIF to JPEG and things seemed to work well till now.

Thank you very much for the solution! You are the savior.
post #1874 of 1875 Old 05-02-2015, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Resets - some tricks I learned recently

I foolishly did something and put the receiver into a protected mode. The Advanced MCACC keeps flashing blue and the unit can't be powered on anymore. I've tried all the steps according to the manual about troubleshooting on page 106 but none helped. (If you really want to know what did I do - I used a 9V battery to test the polarity of my speaker while the speaker wires were still connected to the AV.)

This may very likely have been mentioned on this thread, but I thought I mention it again just in case for how I did reset the box successfully. Just hold both tune down (the one with the down arrow) and zone 2 of/off buttons together for 5 seconds and it will reset and power on the box and I didn't loose all the settings. I learned this from other discussions for other Pioneer models. I am guessing the zone 3 or 4 buttons will do the same.

The other thing I did to my remote control is that the up down left right and enter buttons don't work anymore but it seems all the other ones still work fine. I don't know what I did to the remote. I checked the remote device id and it matches with what is set up on the receiver. So I tried different things to erase presets, erase controlling any other devices (which I don't have any) according to the manual but they didn't help. What did help is on page 85 to turn Direct Function to Off (default is On). I can't explain why but it solved my problem.
post #1875 of 1875 Unread Today, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how do you connect a headphone amp

I've been listening to my low impedance headphone by plugging directly into the phones jack on the front. Recently I purchased a Senn HD650, which has an impedance of 300ohms, and am thinking about getting a suitable headphone amp as well. So I have few questions I hope someone can help answering:

1. What's the output spec on the phones jack? I can not find any information about it.

2. I feel HD650 works "well" via the phones jack, but have you found it or other similar HP working "better" via an external amp?

3. How should I connect a HP amp? Going through the phones jack would mean double amping and signal path. If I use the pre-out ports on the rear, do I just connect to the Front? Would I miss out audio signals from the other pre-out channels?

4. If I do use pre-out ports, will that cut-off the speaker output?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite Sc 67 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 68 9 2 Channel Thx Ultra 2 Plus A V Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page