Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 1902 Old 10-05-2015, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulciber View Post
I have a (perhaps embarrassing) question about HDMI auto-switching. Basically, when I turn the TV off, the receiver also turns off (which is what I want).

When I turn the TV on, the receiver does not turn on; and if I have the receiver on when I turn the TV on, it turns the receiver off. I’d like to simply have both the receiver and TV turn on/off at the same time…anyone able to pinpoint what I have setup incorrectly?
Hi. I'm just pulling this from somewhat distant memory but I have an SC-67 and a Panasonic TV. I had a similar problem that was based on the remote toggling the power on and off (they were out of sync too). I eventually fixed it by going thru the user's guide. Not knowing any more details about your situation, i.e., receiver and TV models you have and which remote you might be using, it would be a reach for me to give you the correct link. As an example though, here's what I referred to get everything in sync: Take a look at the section "Controlling the rest of your system" in your respective Pioneer user's guide <http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/SC-67_OperatingInstructions061512.pdf> as a starting point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1902 Old 10-07-2015, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by persist View Post
Hi. I'm just pulling this from somewhat distant memory but I have an SC-67 and a Panasonic TV. I had a similar problem that was based on the remote toggling the power on and off (they were out of sync too). I eventually fixed it by going thru the user's guide. Not knowing any more details about your situation, i.e., receiver and TV models you have and which remote you might be using, it would be a reach for me to give you the correct link. As an example though, here's what I referred to get everything in sync: Take a look at the section "Controlling the rest of your system" in your respective Pioneer user's guide <http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/SC-67_OperatingInstructions061512.pdf> as a starting point.
Thank you, I glanced through the file and tried toggling the setting on both the receiver (SC-67) and a Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT60, but no luck. It's the same situation whether I use the receiver remote, or TV remote. I'm actually not too "displeased" with it turning everything off with a single button push...it's just odd and only slightly annoying that the TV turns the receiver off when turned on.
post #1893 of 1902 Old 11-23-2015, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Unhappy Windows 10 USB-DAC Driver.

I'm kind of upset. I got a new Windows 10 computer and tried to hook it up to the USB-DAC on this receiver. When I tried to load the windows drivers I got a message that the drivers on the AVNavigator disk are not compatible with Windows 10. I figured I could just download updated drivers from Pioneer. After all it is only 3 years old. I could not find any updated drivers on Pioneer's site nor Googling for them. I called Pioneer support and on a call back was told that Pioneer had no plans to issue updated Windows USB-DAC drivers. I am stuck with an unusable solution for listening to music using the SC-68's DAC. Too bad as it worked so well with Windows 7. I guess I am going to have to buy an outboard USB-DAC or pony-up $2500.00 for an SC-99
post #1894 of 1902 Old 11-24-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinder View Post
I'm kind of upset. I got a new Windows 10 computer and tried to hook it up to the USB-DAC on this receiver. When I tried to load the windows drivers I got a message that the drivers on the AVNavigator disk are not compatible with Windows 10. I figured I could just download updated drivers from Pioneer. After all it is only 3 years old. I could not find any updated drivers on Pioneer's site nor Googling for them. I called Pioneer support and on a call back was told that Pioneer had no plans to issue updated Windows USB-DAC drivers. I am stuck with an unusable solution for listening to music using the SC-68's DAC. Too bad as it worked so well with Windows 7. I guess I am going to have to buy an outboard USB-DAC or pony-up $2500.00 for an SC-99
Before you give up in disgust, try this: right click on the installer program and click Properties. Then click on the Compatibility tab, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and Windows 7 should already be selected. Then click Apply and OK and try again.

--Steve
post #1895 of 1902 Old 11-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfintel View Post
Before you give up in disgust, try this: right click on the installer program and click Properties. Then click on the Compatibility tab, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and Windows 7 should already be selected. Then click Apply and OK and try again.

--Steve
Steve - Thanks for the suggestion. The driver loaded and as far as the device manager is concerned everything is working normally. And is is most of the time. Now I am hearing random static. I can pause the recording and start it again but eventually the static returns. I have heard the static while using Jriver, Foobar and iTunes. It can happen with various formats.

I connected a MacBook Pro to the USB-Dac. Native support for USB Audio 2.0. After 3.5 hours using iTunes, JRiver and Audirvana there has been no problems. I am inclined to believe that drivers are causing the problems but there is nothing in the event log to confirm.
post #1896 of 1902 Old 11-28-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinder View Post
Steve - Thanks for the suggestion. The driver loaded and as far as the device manager is concerned everything is working normally. And is is most of the time. Now I am hearing random static. I can pause the recording and start it again but eventually the static returns. I have heard the static while using Jriver, Foobar and iTunes. It can happen with various formats.

I connected a MacBook Pro to the USB-Dac. Native support for USB Audio 2.0. After 3.5 hours using iTunes, JRiver and Audirvana there has been no problems. I am inclined to believe that drivers are causing the problems but there is nothing in the event log to confirm.
Is it static or drop outs? Frankly, I haven't used the USB DAC from my computer to the receiver - I'm just passing the audio over HDMI and it's been flawless as long as I'm using the receiver's DTS and Dolby codecs. I've had cases on other computers (using their own audio outputs) where I've had drop outs but the problem solved itself over time.

--Steve
post #1897 of 1902 Old 01-16-2016, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SC-67 3D issue

HI,
does anyone with a SC-67/78 have issues with 3D playback ?
I have eliminated the Pioneer BD player and the TV and cables by directly bypassing the receiver and testing all those successfully. I tried every conceivable option and am really frustrated. Really appreciate if someone can share something on this ?
I am able to play 4K content but not 3D !!
I just added a LG65EF9500 TV. For over 2 years I had this setup with out a 3D TV and now when I finally added the TV the receiver does not work with 3D. The manual says it supports 3D but not much else in detail.
Hope someone can share any experiences or information on this.
Regards.
post #1898 of 1902 Old 01-21-2016, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 145
UE22 error code

I had to disconnect my SC-68 for two weeks while some remodeling was going on. When I reset up my system, the SC-68 is displaying a flashing error code of UE22. I looked this up and it says it is a firmware update error. The firmware was last updated a couple of years ago and when I checked for the latest firmware and downloaded it and tried an update I got the message that I had the latest firmware already. Everything seems to work just fine. Any ideas where this error code is coming from and how to eliminate it?

post #1899 of 1902 Old 01-21-2016, 09:53 PM

Hate to say it but this is generally not good. Sometimes you can do a hard reset and it will be fine, sometimes it only lasts for a couple weeks then running times get shorter and shorter before it happens again and you ultimately end up with a brick. That's what happened to me and I had to get the A/V board replaced. Luckily mine was still in warranty (with only a couple months left) but it's likely yours is not. If the board needs to be replaced you're looking at about $600 or so. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth fixing or just getting a newer model.
post #1900 of 1902 Old 01-22-2016, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 18
need some help with setting up a center channel. I am my front L R and center Bi amped on my SC 67. Red to red and black to black. when i am running mac its telling me to reverse the phase. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as everything looks correct.

Speakers are KEF Q900 for left and right and Q600c for center.

please help
post #1901 of 1902 Old 01-22-2016, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked: 814
If the wires are correct ignore the error and go on with the cal. Various things can cause that to happen but the AVr can handle it.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #1902 of 1902 Old 01-28-2016, 12:36 PM

Liked: 13
Anyone know if the SC-67 Does ARC for Zone2 HDMI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite Sc 67 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 68 9 2 Channel Thx Ultra 2 Plus A V Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page