AVS Forum banner

upcoming AVR reciever help

538 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Jben04 
#1 ·
Ok,

so today is my birthday and the misses said im allowed to go buy a new receiver.

The local best buy has these two for the price im looking at which is $250.

Pioneer VSX -522

Yamaha RX-V373BL

Denon AVR1312

Ive been reading alot about the onkyo, Denon models also.

Any ideas,thoughts ,recommendations would be very appreciated:)

ATM i have a crappy RCA RT2770 with surround speakers (8ohms), sub and will ,for now,use the existing speakers till i buy new ones.

See less See more
#2 ·
If those are your only choices, I'd pass on the 1312 (no speaker EQ program), otherwise if you can get the next higher Denon model, 1612, choose that over the other 2 has it has Audyssey that can EQ the sub which the other two models cannot do. Also note that the sub in that setup appears to be a 'passive" sub and would have to be replaced with an "active" sub when used with one of the AVRs you are considering.

#3 ·
To be honest,going to best buy to get it would benefit me in that id be able to have it on the same day,

but buying on line is an option ,i mean i dont mind waiting for delivery:)

Just found a Denon AVR-1612 for $229,but it has only 75 watts per channel ,does the watts per channel really make a difference

#5 ·
thanks,,, im leaning towards the Denon 1612 i saw on line for 229.00+ free shipping

Ive seen a onkyo HT-RC360 refurbished for 247.00 but not too sure about refurbished

#7 ·
do you mean the Denon or Onyko ?

#9 ·
AAH !! gotcha... so i guess 229.00 isnt a bad price then..just saw they also have "open Box "one for $206 also

#11 ·
Excellent,the code did work,and AVR ordered,,thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.