Strange thing going on with my AVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2012, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've ran into a weird situation with my AVR that I've never seen before and can't explain. I have my PC, my Apple TV, my Blu-ray player, and my AT&T U-Verse set top box hooked into my Onkyo TR-TX1009 (latest firmware installed) - all via HDMI. I unplugged the power of my U-Verse box from the back of it (because I had to reset the unit) and the video of all the other connected units turned off!

I made sure the other units were powered on, connected, and the AVR switched to any of them. Nothing. I tried powering everything off and restarting everything. Nothing.

It gets stranger. When I reconnected the power of my set top box, the video of all the other devices switched back on! When I disconnected the power again from the set top box, the video of every device blacked out again. I switched to the Apple TV, verified it was turned on, plugged the power back into the U-Verse box and the Apple TV video turned on. I unplugged the set top box power and the Apple TV video blacked out. The power light on the Apple TV indicated it was on.

I repeated the above tests with my other devices. Same results. I totally disconnected the U-verse box and the video stayed black for the other devices. I tried disconnecting the power for everything and reconnecting everything. All my devices now depend on the U-verse set top to be powered on and connected now.

How the heck is the U-verse receiver controlling my other devices? What can I do release that control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Can you bypass the AVR and drive the display directly with some of the sources that don't work without the AT&T box? Also, can you hook up any of them using analog (e.g. component) video connection to the AVR and see if they work? Trying to see if this is an HDCP problem.

Amir
Founder, Madrona Digital
"Insist on Quality Engineering"

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page