Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 492 Old 06-06-2014, 03:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidan View Post

You can read my review of the outlaw compared to my old Yamaha Z1 and a new rx-a2030 a couple posts above. The outlaw unit produces great sound and is very simple and doesn't have all the bells and whistles most major brand recievers have - 90% of which I don't use anyways. However, it does have a bit older input switching system and I found the front panel a bit difficult to read from a distance.

Yes I read your review! It's pretty amazing as I recall the Z1 was very expensive smile.gif

I don't need all the whistles at all. Right now I only use my Yamaha AVR as an hdmi switch which decodes audio.

This thread made me wonder a lot about getting the 975. If I've lived in the US it would be a no-brainer but I need to import it to Europe and so many costs will stack so high it comes close to an Marantz 7701 and Onkyo (Integra 80.2) when stores here have a sales shoot-out.

So far I've not been able to find any store delivering Outlaw here in Europe frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 492 Old 06-09-2014, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yeah, I paid around 3000USD for my Z1 when it came out. Was alot of money for me especially at that time.
Do you know anyone in the states that could buy the outlaw and ship it to you to avoid the oppressive taxation?
post #483 of 492 Old 06-19-2014, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a 975 on the way along with a MiniDSP nanoAVR 8x8 for room correction. The combo ought to be pretty impressive if I can sort it out.
I have a rather unconventional system with 60" Planar-magnetic line source dipoles actively crossed to stereo subs
with 2 NHT 1259's in each with a low QTS sealed alignment. I run it as 4 channels with no center.

As far as cost effective goes, This should be interesting....
post #484 of 492 Old 06-20-2014, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlinytheWelder View Post
I have a 975 on the way along with a MiniDSP nanoAVR 8x8 for room correction.
Great find!! you happen to know anything similar? I read in it's manual lip sync is max 80ms while I need 110ms for my projector.
post #485 of 492 Old 06-20-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Wow, nice surprise, got an e-mail from Outlaw saying they've just issued a software update for anyone not running the latest version (5.3), which fixes several problems/bugs. They're even sending customers the null-modem USB to RS-232 cable needed to connect to the 975.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....6-d4ae527547e4

Sanjay
post #486 of 492 Old 06-20-2014, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Now that is a company that is looking after its customers.
post #487 of 492 Old 06-26-2014, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch47d View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by sdurani 

You believe it was designed so that changing the crossover settings does nothing to the surround or surround-back channels?

I believe that selecting the surround channels to small only allows frequencies above ~120hz to reach those channels. Since the adjustable crossover range is 40hz to 200hz, changing the crossover settings produces no noticeable effect in the surround and surround back channels.

The only way to get mid-range bass frequencies out of the surround and surround back channels, is to select them as large.

It is the front/center channel crossovers that redirect bass frequencies below the crossover setting to the sub. So, even when selected as small, they have to be able to receive mid-range bass frequencies; even when set to small.
I'm using identical large tower speakers for my front mains and my surround back channels, and although I haven't done any definitive testing, I set the rear surround crossovers to 40hz, just like my mains. When listening to all channel stereo, the rear speakers sound like their reproducing down to 40hz. The bass response is the same as my fronts.
post #488 of 492 Old 08-15-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Tidan, or anyone else for that matter, are you still liking the 975/7125?
post #489 of 492 Old 09-09-2014, 10:53 PM

Does anyone know the actual HDMI version of this and if it supports consumer electronic control? The website is useless, there's no contact information on the website and I emailed the CEO and CFO and no response.
post #490 of 492 Old 09-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgeneral View Post
Does anyone know the actual HDMI version of this and if it supports consumer electronic control? The website is useless, there's no contact information on the website and I emailed the CEO and CFO and no response.
According to this review 1.4, couldn't find anything from Outlaw on it.

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...ound-processor
post #491 of 492 Old 09-10-2014, 07:30 PM

Liked: 137
Quote:
Actually, there is contact information on the website, you must have missed it. on the home page, at the top right is a button link called "About". Click on it and you'll go to that page. On that page, under the "Topics" section is a link called "Contact the Outlaws". Click on it and at the bottom of the page that appears is their phone numbers. Probably no one there at night.
post #492 of 492 Old 09-10-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
IIRC it supports ARC and 3D. Not CEC and not stand-by passthrough.

Roger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Outlaw Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page