OUTLAW 975 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 502 Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
wyliec2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SD
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm a bit perplexed as to how to comment here. I ordered a 975 on 11/30 and got an email stating shipping within 5 working days. I also registered for an account on the Outlaw Forum - the Saloon. After a week I have heard nothing about my order nor has my forum account been approved. This, along with the limited discussion on the Outlaw forum regarding the 975 which is supposedly shipping, is disquieting. I emailed them regarding my forum account approval yesterday - to check status of my order requires an Outlaw login which hasn't been approved after a week. If I don't hear from them by Monday I most likely will cancel my order. I knew the shipping window was inexact, but not approving a simple forum account after a week is unacceptable...

Wyatt
wyliec2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 502 Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 PM
 
runnin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I have found that the forum lately is not moderated much, not sure why. I pm'd a question to the mods and never got a response. If you want to ask a customer service question, I'd phone them up, having your invoice number. I bought an amp from them last spring and found that they are very helpful.
runnin' is offline  
post #183 of 502 Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

At least 3 posters on the Outlaw forum reported getting their 975 units on 12/1 (it doesn't get more "early" December than that).

Sorry. Didn't think of checking their forum. You'd think they'd have a "now shipping" or something on their product page...So the 975 is available now?

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #184 of 502 Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sdurani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 19,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

You'd think they'd have a "now shipping" or something on their product page...
You're right, I just checked their product page and it still says "Now Accepting Reservation Orders", asthough the 975 is due to be released soon rather than already shipping.

Sanjay
sdurani is offline  
post #185 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Its quite obvious that you are looking to create issues in this thread with your constant remarks about specific companies and members in this thread. Bottom line is both Emotiva and Onkyo have had issues with their products over the years. You can spin it either way you wish but that is a fact.
Bill

Take off the blinders and you could see the reason for the remarks. I have not denied that Emo has problems. It has been posted too, too many times. It is time for the critics to take a rest and tell about problems with other brands.
MUDCAT45 is offline  
post #186 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Newbie
 
Scott Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliec2 View Post

I'm a bit perplexed as to how to comment here. I ordered a 975 on 11/30 and got an email stating shipping within 5 working days. I also registered for an account on the Outlaw Forum - the Saloon. After a week I have heard nothing about my order nor has my forum account been approved. This, along with the limited discussion on the Outlaw forum regarding the 975 which is supposedly shipping, is disquieting. I emailed them regarding my forum account approval yesterday - to check status of my order requires an Outlaw login which hasn't been approved after a week. If I don't hear from them by Monday I most likely will cancel my order. I knew the shipping window was inexact, but not approving a simple forum account after a week is unacceptable...

Hi wyliec2,

The email you are referring to is the generic "auto-responder" that is sent for all on-line orders. Our newsletter and Model 975 product page reflect the correct status for the Model 975. As for the Saloon, unfortunately, your registration from the fifth was unnecessarily delayed. It has since been confirmed, and I apologize for that inconvenience. That said, I do not have any record of an email inquiring about the status of your registration. If you don't mind, would you forward it to my email address so that I can look into where the breakdown is in our support system? My email address (delete the spaces and underscores) is "sjac_kson_@ outlaw audio .com" Please also include your name and order number so that I can look into your order status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin' View Post

I have found that the forum lately is not moderated much, not sure why. I pm'd a question to the mods and never got a response. If you want to ask a customer service question, I'd phone them up, having your invoice number. I bought an amp from them last spring and found that they are very helpful.

Hi Runnin,

The forum is no more, or less, moderated than ever. We have left the Saloon open for as free of a discussion among our existing and potential customers as possible. In the more than 10 years since we opened the original Outlaw Saloon (we migrated to new software a few years back), I can hardly recall a time that we've had to "close" a member thread, or even remind members to remain respectful of their fellow members. We are quite grateful for the tone and broad knowledge our forum members share with each other. That said, you are absolutely right. The best method to reach support is on our toll-free support line, or online through our support desk or contact request form.

Finally, if you could forward me (see above) a copy of the PM you sent to the forum admin, it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Sorry. Didn't think of checking their forum. You'd think they'd have a "now shipping" or something on their product page...So the 975 is available now?

Hi lonwolf615,

We are not quite ready for "real time" shipments yet. We have been shipping reservation orders since last Friday, and continue each day to process and ship as many orders as possible. We are making progress and expect to be shipping in real time by Wednesday of next week...quite frankly, I'm hoping we can ship the remaining reservation orders and those that are received over the weekend on Monday, but some of the latter may be delayed until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

You're right, I just checked their product page and it still says "Now Accepting Reservation Orders", asthough the 975 is due to be released soon rather than already shipping.

Hi, sdurani:

Since we are not shipping in real time just yet, we are technically still accepting reservation orders. However, since we do expect to be able to fulfill orders in real time early this week, I'll change the wording on the site to reflect something a bit more precise.
Scott Jackson is offline  
post #187 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Newbie
 
Scott Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Re: user feedback: The reservation orders, with few exceptions, have been shipped Fed Ex Ground. Therefore, since we're shipping from MA, most ground deliveries are going to take between 3-4 business days. Given that, a significant portion (most) of the units we have shipped are still in transit.

Best,

Scott
Scott Jackson is offline  
post #188 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Member
 
jmacari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks Scott for the informative feedback; I've been a long-time owner of Outlaw equip and anticipate forthcoming reviews on the 975....my 990/7500 combo still impresses me with its excellent sonic/HT capabilities....
jmacari is offline  
post #189 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
wyliec2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SD
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Scott, thanks for the update. I did know that the order response was automated. The link in the order response took me to forum login, and without an account there were few options to communicate with Outlaw. I now have my account approval and can login. My processor need is not urgent and my expectation was not for an immediate shipment so I'm fine to be waiting patiently.

Wyatt
wyliec2 is offline  
post #190 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Thanks Scott for the update. Have never bought from Outlaw yet but have come real close a few times. I'm a cautious soul so I'll be waiting for a few more reviews of the 975 before purchasing but I gotta admit I'm excited about the product. It seems to me your company has introduced some much needed common sense into the pre/pro market place and for that you should be applauded.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #191 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Audiophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi there, great thread! I am looking at this pre/pro to replace my Lexicon lossy DTS/DD pre/pro of 10 years. The too good to be true price, the reviews, and the literature on the Outlaw website make it sound very good! I like the matched components in the analog output stage and the high bit rate DACs. Before I purchased I would want to know more details on the DACs (make/model) and how the output stage is setup as this is what really defines a pre/pro's sound. Anyone at Outlaw care to share or has someone poped the top yet? smile.gif

I know Outlaw might not want to release this information to remain competitive however. I own a high-end FM tuner where the op-amps in the output stage are covered with paint to prevent copy cats. biggrin.gif

JVC RS-40U Screening Room and Listening Room -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Audiophil is offline  
post #192 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

Take off the blinders and you could see the reason for the remarks. I have not denied that Emo has problems. It has been posted too, too many times. It is time for the critics to take a rest and tell about problems with other brands.

How ironic rolleyes.gif. Maybe you should take your own advice and back off on slamming Onkyo products. Which you alone have posted "too, too many times". It works both ways won't you think wink.gif. Take a look around the Onkyo threads and a few specifically discussing issues with Onkyo AVRs/prepros. There is probably more negative discussion due to the issues with Onkyo AVRs/prepros than any other brand. So please don't act like Emotiva is being picked on here at AVS.

Bill


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is online now  
post #193 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

How ironic rolleyes.gif. Maybe you should take your own advice and back off on slamming Onkyo products. Which you alone have posted "too, too many times". It works both ways won't you think wink.gif.
Bill

I certainly think it works both ways. Otherwise I would let those redundant responses from others go unanswered. Those like you who are quick to slam Emo remain silent on other brands that have had serious problems.

Taking one's own advice also works both ways.
MUDCAT45 is offline  
post #194 of 502 Old 12-08-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

I certainly think it works both ways. Otherwise I would let those redundant responses from others go unanswered. Those like you who are quick to slam Emo remain silent on other brands that have had serious problems.
Taking one's own advice also works both ways.

Maybe you should look at the many Onkyo threads where I posted many times that I did not blame people for slamming Onkyo for their issues. Many times I agreed with those that said they would never buy an Onkyo product again after the troubles they had with them. I know if my 805, 885 or 886 had failed I would have felt the same. Do a little research and you will find the many times I suggested Emotiva products including the UMC-1 and the USP-1. I did this even though my experiences were not to my liking. I'm not like yourself and get all bent out of shape if someone posts negatively about gear I own.

Bill


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is online now  
post #195 of 502 Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Member
 
GTarrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received my 975 on Thursday, it's use is for my family room 2.1 system. Replaced my current Pioneer VSX-1020 with it and hooked my sources and Amp up to it. I purchased an Emotiva UPA-500 to drive my 2 front speakers. Setup was a breeze and straight forward. My biggest settings gripe is that I cannot change the Input names. I was able to watch TV on it and Play the Wii U that night. The next morning played some more Wii U and went out for the day. I went to watch TV that night and no video displayed on my TV or audio. Switched the unit through all HDMI inputs... Nothing, OSD.. Nothing. Switched to FM and was able to sound. Replaced the HDMI cable from the 975 to the TV... Nothing. Put the same HDMI cable on the cable box and got video. Looks like my unit's defective. This all happened after 5PM, yea lucky me. I called for support and left them a message, hopefully they will call me on Monday.
From what I was able to hear and see from the unit, I was very impressed. I do not possess golden ears nor eyes but with the change between my existing Pioneer my 2 channel soundstage sounded much better. I was very happy with it for the day I got to use it. Hopefully I can get a replacement unit soon.

I know some might believe that I am making this up, so I include this.
GTarrant is offline  
post #196 of 502 Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Member
 
GTarrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The truth about Outlaw's excellent customer was witnessed by me today. I received a call from them and a new unit will be shipped out early this week.
GTarrant is offline  
post #197 of 502 Old 12-09-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 137
What video chip is doing the processing in this unit?
bootman_head_fi is online now  
post #198 of 502 Old 12-09-2012, 04:17 PM
pbc
AVS Special Member
 
pbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,361
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTarrant View Post

I received my 975 on Thursday, it's use is for my family room 2.1 system. Replaced my current Pioneer VSX-1020 with it and hooked my sources and Amp up to it. I purchased an Emotiva UPA-500 to drive my 2 front speakers. Setup was a breeze and straight forward. My biggest settings gripe is that I cannot change the Input names. I was able to watch TV on it and Play the Wii U that night. The next morning played some more Wii U and went out for the day. I went to watch TV that night and no video displayed on my TV or audio. Switched the unit through all HDMI inputs... Nothing, OSD.. Nothing. Switched to FM and was able to sound. Replaced the HDMI cable from the 975 to the TV... Nothing. Put the same HDMI cable on the cable box and got video. Looks like my unit's defective. This all happened after 5PM, yea lucky me. I called for support and left them a message, hopefully they will call me on Monday.
From what I was able to hear and see from the unit, I was very impressed. I do not possess golden ears nor eyes but with the change between my existing Pioneer my 2 channel soundstage sounded much better. I was very happy with it for the day I got to use it. Hopefully I can get a replacement unit soon.
I know some might believe that I am making this up, so I include this.

Pfffst...obviously a doctored photo. tongue.gif

I do wish more units would come in low profile versions.

 

My DIY Subs ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

 

pbc is offline  
post #199 of 502 Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 137
The CS497024 supports Dolby headphone and multiband parametric EQ.
Could these features be possible in a future firmware release?

I understand DH may require additional licence fees but the EQ should be part of the package and a useful feature for some.
Am I off base on this?
bootman_head_fi is online now  
post #200 of 502 Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I think I answered my own question.
I got this off the saloon.
Quote:
"In keeping with the Model 975's combination of value and performance we'll state up front (as previously noted in the Saloon), that an EQ system is not included in this product. We could have easily implemented the EQ program provided with the Cirrus DSP chip, but it simply did not meet our performance standards. While we considered a rewrite of that system, we concluded that the effort would only provide a marginal improvement given the limitation of available filters within the Cirrus architecture."

Source:

http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=91681#Post91681
bootman_head_fi is online now  
post #201 of 502 Old 12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
 
runnin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post

The CS497024 supports Dolby headphone and multiband parametric EQ.
Could these features be possible in a future firmware release?
I understand DH may require additional licence fees but the EQ should be part of the package and a useful feature for some.
Am I off base on this?

So I guess you're off base as Outlaw explained their decision on the limitations of the chipset. Better to maintain one's performance standards than have a product with a crappy EQ system. I think Parasound did the same thing when they cancelled their to-be-released processor because it just didn't meet their standards.
runnin' is offline  
post #202 of 502 Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin' View Post

So I guess you're off base as Outlaw explained their decision on the limitations of the chipset. Better to maintain one's performance standards than have a product with a crappy EQ system. I think Parasound did the same thing when they cancelled their to-be-released processor because it just didn't meet their standards.

Isn't that what I said above?
I answered my own question.tongue.gif


The Parasound you mentioned was cancelled when, almost two years ago now?
Different DSP we are talking about here I think. (same manufacturer different DSP)

But what about DH? Not a useful feature with a unit that has a headphone out?
Also something worthy of a question at least.
bootman_head_fi is online now  
post #203 of 502 Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM
 
runnin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
When I referenced the Parasound, I was listing another company besides Outlaw that was willing to make a tough decision to maintain their performance standards. A lesser company would have gone ahead with the release, perhaps thinking about the bottom line.

As for the headphone stuff, only a small minority would consider it a deal breaker. There are other companies out there if they so choose.
runnin' is offline  
post #204 of 502 Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin' View Post

When I referenced the Parasound, I was listing another company besides Outlaw that was willing to make a tough decision to maintain their performance standards. A lesser company would have gone ahead with the release, perhaps thinking about the bottom line.
As for the headphone stuff, only a small minority would consider it a deal breaker. There are other companies out there if they so choose.

understood.
DH isn't a deal breaker just a nice option that the competition does not offer. wink.gif
bootman_head_fi is online now  
post #205 of 502 Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
so anyone got one yet? I'm really interested if the music playback is as good as the review states.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #206 of 502 Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Audiophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

so anyone got one yet? I'm really interested if the music playback is as good as the review states.

Me too. smile.gif Looking at this unit to replace my Lexicon, which does 2 channel very well, although not as well as a passive 2-channel pre-amp I have. I was hoping Outlaw would post something regarding the output stage specifics by now. I registered with their forum a week ago and no confirmation e-mail. If the 975 is as good as it seems, I hope Stereophile reviews it for us music first/home theater second types. smile.gif

JVC RS-40U Screening Room and Listening Room -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Audiophil is offline  
post #207 of 502 Old 12-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
wyliec2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SD
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Picked mine up after work today. Weekend forecast is rain/sleet/snow - perfect for testing and setting up the 975 in my family room system (it will not be replacing my Lexicon in my theater)...

Wyatt
wyliec2 is offline  
post #208 of 502 Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Member
 
ZOOM ZOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

so anyone got one yet? I'm really interested if the music playback is as good as the review states.
Ditto... I'm in the market for a pre like the outlaw 975 or the UMC-200. And of coarse looking for some good honest and insightful reviews. it can be hard to sort through the "good the bad and the ugly"wink.gif

ZOOM ZOOM is offline  
post #209 of 502 Old 12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chashint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliec2 View Post

Picked mine up after work today. Weekend forecast is rain/sleet/snow - perfect for testing and setting up the 975 in my family room system (it will not be replacing my Lexicon in my theater)...

What do you think about the 975?

Regards,
Charlie

chashint is offline  
post #210 of 502 Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
wyliec2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SD
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After two days of completely rebuilding my family room system I have completed my 975 install. It went uneventfully - everything worked as I expected it to. I am quite happy with the performance from an audio standpoint. BluRay and HD DirectTV work flawlessly. CD playback is fine. I have everything connected with both digital and analog inputs - the analog inputs are necessary for the stereo REC OUT jacks which feed a receiver in another room. I haven't found anything buggy or odd. It is totally quiet running output to an Emotiva LPA amplifier (roughly 6 years old). I am very happy with the small form factor and minimalist setup for my family room system (about $4k in speakers/sub). A few things I wish it had - power-on volume setting; default surround settings for input format - ie. if I'm watching DirectTV and have PCM running to PL-II Movie and change to a channel with Dolby and then to another channel with PCM - it will just be on PCM with no surround. So far the only real issue is, after a couple of tries, I haven't been able to learn the remote codes to my URC MX-850. This was a hurried effort so I'll try it again in a couple of days. I had an HK AVR435 receiver using the pre-outs so this is much smaller, much less heat and doing everything I need it to do!

Wyatt
wyliec2 is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Outlaw Audio

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off