Then there were three please vote for new receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-12-2012, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am helping a friend and his needs are a bit different then my usual criteria and the biggest difference is he keeps his gear like ten years. Mine is lucky to make it to the next model year. I have my suggestions down to three for him. I would really like a receiver with pre- outs so he can use it a a pre pro some day. Two hdmi outs is another spec he would like to have. A higher end room correction would be nice and streaming music is important,

I have used accessories 4 less in the past and I think some good choices would be the marantz sr6006 the denon av3312ci which I believe is a very close cousin of the marantz. Lastly the onkyo tx-nr809 would fit the bill but I have had less then stellar track record with onkyo and being reliable units.

I have a marantz av-7005 and love it but he does not want to go separates and only has a 600.00 budget what do you folks think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-13-2012, 06:39 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1861 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
If he doesn't want to spend < $600, than either the 6006 or 3312CI would be good choices, although not sure if, as you say, "his needs are a bit different than my usual criteria", why do you assume he'll want to use the AVR as a pre-pro as the vast majority will never need that capability and if, again as you say, he won't be upgrading for another 10 years, and his current speakers don't need an external amp, why go the extra expense when adding a 1:2 HDMI splitter to a lower model will likely meet his needs as well. The same Audyssey MultEQ XT on your 7005 and both the 6006/3312CI is also featured on the 2112CI as well. This year networking also drops down to the 1613 with the 1713 using Audyssey MultEQ XT.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 08-13-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All excellent points and thank you for your input. I just want to give him as much flexiblity say 3 years from now as possible. I for one am a big fan a pre-outs as it adds an option down the road but you certainly pay for it no question.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page