Denon AVR-791 changes to ARC by it's self when ARC is not used. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2012, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a Denon AVR-791 and a Samsung PS60E8000. Connected to the Denon on it's HDMI in ports are a PS3, Xbox 360, Samsung 3D Blu-ray player/DVR and Apple TV. The Denon is connected to the TV's only ARC capable HDMI port so that I have 5.1 when using the TV's OTA tuner and Foxtel Pay TV service. And I'm using a Harmony One to control it all. I had to turn on the AVR and TV's HDMI-CEC to get the ARC working.

Now when I goto use anything connected to the Denon via HDMI Inputs everything will be fine for about 20 seconds, TV boots, Denon boots and goes to the right HDMI port and the console or set top box will be going through it's boot sequence and it's displayed on the TV. But then the Denon will suddenly change to a channel called "TV" away from the HDMI device that it was set to, I get a black screen with the AVR's very basic UI been displayed and have to go into the Harmony's menu to change it back to HDMI 2.

So how do I stop the AVR from changing it's self to "TV" when I'm using the HDMI In ports and not the ARC?????

Thanks in advance for any help.

Samsung UA55HU9000, Klipsch Quintet 5.1, Onkyo TX-NR515AE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-16-2012, 03:34 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_L5

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 791 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page