I wanted to say thank you for all the information on this forum.I have been reading a lot of threads on and off, I can only imagine how much more I can learn if I keep reading.
I recently have joined the Energy family with a purchase of 2x RC10s and RC-LCR. Yeah!!! I am in the market for a receiver that would work best for my application, and hoping for suggestions:
PLAN: I plan on getting the RC70s for the front in the near future (Depending if Vanns will have another sale
). Also, I plan on adding a HSU VTF-2 sub as well. This HT system will start off mainly as a 5.1 system, though I do have plans to upgrade to a 7.2 in the "not-so-near" future (By adding 2 additional RC10s or LCRs, and another Sub + amp).
CURRENT SETUP: PS3, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Wii, Direct TV
- Max budget is $800 (Don't mind used, refurbished, or new), but would like it to be less so I can get other items quicker
- The wife would probably want something to hook up her Ipod, and wouldn't mind hooking up my phone for pandora either. But this feature is NOT a must as AUX can take care of that.
- Want at least 4 HDMI inputs (wouldn't mind more), and would prefer 2 outputs if possible (2 outputs is NOT a must, but would be nice)
- Would like at least HDMI 1.4a
- HDMI bypass would be great
- 3D Cap? Yes and no. Not a must as I don't foresee myself going down the 3D route, but would be nice for the future
- Would like at least 95W per channel, but would prefer more
- Pre-outs on all channels is a must, as I plan on adding an amp in the future
Video, Audio processing:
- Would like the best video processor for the money
- Would like the best audio processor for the money
- User friendly
- Proven reliability
That is all that I can think of right now. I might add to this list in the future. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!!