Processor recommendation for $2k budget - used - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a processor and thinking around $2k is a good budget for me - happy to go used in search of better value proposition. Would live to hear your recommendations. Likely going to be pairing it with Parasound A51 amp and Daedalus speakers.

Thanks
Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
parasound C2, if hdmi is not a issue, you could get 1 for a lot less then 2000 and would be a great match for your amp, good luck
post #3 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 PM

Hello,

How about Integra DHC 80.2. This is from 2010.But both performance and functionality is pretty much up-to-the-task.
A used one can be had fr around $1,200 - $1,4.00. There is DHC 80.3 and the latest one, DHC 80.4 is coming up. But 80.2 will save you a lot of money.

This is my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Michaelmorio
post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for the ideas. I've been told the Anthem processors have the best correction system and am looking at an AVM50. Any feedback on that would be appreciated.

Cheers
Will
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I am no expert - just my opinion.

There are a variety of room correction packages available. Audyssey has many here who promote it. There are several variations of Audyssey and the top version is XT32 which has the ability to do subwoofer correction. Since Audyssey is included in the most products on the market, it has the most followers. That in itself doesn't make it the best - just the most popular. I am sure it is very good and very capable.

Yamaha has YPAO and Pioneer uses MCACC in their receivers (don't sell processors) - neither have the ability to correct subwoofers so some people will not consider them at all due to that. Yet - both Yamaha and Pioneer have many owners that truly love their products. You can always add subwoofer correction with external devices like the Anti-Mode or with a subwoofer with correction built in. I am sure there are other options too. As to Anthem, I have no knowledge or experience. Again, if they don't possess built in subwoofer correction, you have options to add it.

I have no dog to hunt in this. I have owned and used MCACC based receivers and never been dissatisfied. I have an Anti-Mode on order and want to see what all the fuss is about with subwoofer correction. If you read the many threads here, you will find detractors of all the systems. I truly don't think there is one "best" option. Well maybe if you are willing to spend big bucks like the TACT system!! I would focus more on finding the processor with the required connections for your needs, the processing abilities and multi-room features you will use and let the correction feature be a just another piece of the puzzle - not the primary decision maker. Others will disagree.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page