Lost Video Signal from Anthem D2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi All!

About three weeks ago I lost my video signal going out of my HDMI outputs from my Anthem Statement D2. I can get the audio, but no video. I can still get both audio & video from the component video outs and by using the coaxial from my cable box to the D2. I checked the cables etc. and direct from source to the HDTV I get the video, so the problem has got to be the D2.

I was told by Andrew Cirurgiao from Anthem to try to re-install the D2 software, but according to my D2 the version is 1.47f, but from the Anthem website the version they have is only 1.33. Am I missing something here, where the D2 with the ARC has more updated software than can be downloaded from the company's own website? So am I to re-install an older version of firmware, but have no way to get it back to the latest version, 1.47f? Doesn't make sense to me! mad.gif

Andrew also said if the firmware re-insall doesn't work I may have to send in the unit. Either the video board or the video board power supply has died. Never in all my years of owning stereo equipment have I ever experienced a failure such as this by a receiver, amp/video processor. Very odd!

Any suggestions or similar issues by fellow D2 owners?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Can you do a Processor Reset?

Just my 0.02.. wink.gif
post #3 of 10 Old 08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Firmware V1.33 is the "Official" firmware for the D2. Firmware v1.47f is a "test" release that has proven helpful to some folks with other HDMI equipment problems. You should install Firmware v1.33 -- the one you found on Anthem's web site.

If you've not already done so, go into Setup (using the Front Panel display to see what you are doing) and Save User Settings. Then Reload Factory Defaults to see if that gets your video back.

I presume Anthem went through possible cabling issues with you, but you should be testing this with a "normal" length HDMI cable running direct from D2 to display with no other electronics, adapters, switches, wall plates or anything else in that path. Not even short "port saver" cables.

If still no luck get a flashlight and check HDMI plugs and sockets at both ends of that cable for signs of pin damage.

You say you've confirmed HDMI is working into the display with a direct connection. But were you using the same cable as from the D2 into the same input in the display?
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 10 Old 08-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Read the FAQ!

Test without using any Source device. That is select an input that's not actually hooked up in the D2 and see if you can get the D2's own, internally generated video to display. For example press and hold the "7" button to see if the Video Source Adjust menu displays. If it DOES, then your problem is actually on the Source side of the D2.

Does the status info on your TV say it is receiving any video signal from the D2?
--Bob

post #5 of 10 Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

I checked out all the HDMI cables and they are good. I did the OSD suggesion with the non-hooked up component and got no OSD signal, so it's the Anthem D2 which has the problem.

I tried doing the 1.33 re-install and am unable to do the re-install. I keep on getting the same error message: Cannot connect to OK! Boot Loader

Whatever that means?

Frustrating!!!
post #6 of 10 Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Read the FAQ!

Give Anthem tech support a call and they can walk you through what to do next.

There's an Anthem Windows utility program they can get to you which will reset the programmable parts of the D2 so that it will accept the firmware install. The fact that the install failed may indeed indicate you have a hardware problem, but probably not, so try this reset software (called Flash Eraser) from Anthem first.

Get the proper firmware installed and then try the test with the D2's internally generated graphics again, to see if you really do need to send the unit in for service.
--Bob

post #7 of 10 Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Bob thanks! It seems strange after not using any HDMI sources into the d2 for about three weeks, since I was exclusively watching the Tour de France that the HDMI video portion of the D2 would just fail?
post #8 of 10 Old 08-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_fan View Post

Bob thanks! It seems strange after not using any HDMI sources into the d2 for about three weeks, since I was exclusively watching the Tour de France that the HDMI video portion of the D2 would just fail?

Well all electronics can fail. Then mechanically, HDMI plugs/sockets can also be damaged by putting the plug in askew, or allowing the cable to be tugged away from straight-in.

Far and away the single most common issue with HDMI is cabling -- plugs not properly inserted, or cables that can't handle the job perhaps due to length or adapters etc. in the signal path. But as I understand it you've already eliminated that.

Get the correct firmware installed and try again starting from a Factory Settings state. If you CAN'T get the correct firmware installed, even with Anthem's help, then that's a pretty good indication your hardware really does need service.
--Bob

post #9 of 10 Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Liked: 10
Excuse for the english.

Hi begun to have the same issue with my d1 upgraded with the hdmi.

Lost the input signal on the unit but if I connect to the tv any problem of loosing the input signal with the same cable.

I sended twice the unit for repair past three 4 year. The d1 go very hot after some time. I suspect problem of heating.

I flashed three time the unit same result, I'm desapointed.

Best regards
post #10 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

I had to send my unit back to Anthem to be serviced for an issue with the HDMI video out plug, which they replaced, as well as the AUX power supply. Now the unit is working correctly, though I lost my settings and for some reason it seems I have less choices when setting up each audio input, like there's no one that's DTS-ES only.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem D2v

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page