DENON 1613 noise or feedback? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I am new to ths site and currently have started my own small business, in the home theater field.
Last week I installed a Denon AVR1613 my customer just called with an audio issue that sounds like a static heart beat sound that comes and goes intermitantly... I had her switch to a different source an was able to get the same sound. So my thinking is that its the AVR making this issue? Its all hdmi connectiions and without a network connection right now.
Any advice or exerience with some feedback ?

Thanks
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-28-2012, 03:54 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1435 Post(s)
Liked: 1608
Welcome to AVS Forum.

Is the AVR connected to a surge protector? Does the issue occur with the Tuner selected as well? Did you run AUTO SETUP (Audyssey)?

Also, many of the current model AVRs generally have their own Owner's thread to discuss issues and such. The Denon AVRs are grouped into single threads, both last year's XX12 models and this year's XX13 models both which are linked in my sig. Review posts #1-6 in each thread for more helpful information.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, I had my customer check this isue on a different device I think she used her CD layer or Blu-Ray, and she still had the same issue after about a half hour or so. I dont think she tried the tuner for a diagnosic check. Yes I used the audyssey in calibration of the system, but I was not hay with the results so I used my hand held analog sound meter to get a more evenly distributed sound.

yes the system is plugged into a monster cable surge protector. She did mention that a neighbor a coule of houses down has some large quarter wave antennas on their roof maybe HAM radio or somethig like that. Then she mentioned that abot ayear ago they ran new wirng to the home theater location that seemed to be kind of non standard. I was thinking of grounding the reciever chassis to an electrical chassis ground.

I am new to this site where can I find these sig review posts 1through 6?

Thanks for your hepl!
post #4 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 AM
585-645-1006

The "sig" is the dedicated area below each member's post which some choose to use. My sig begins with the link to the Audyssey 101/Setup Guide (which I would also suggest you read as doing an Audyssey setup will most likely result in a much better setup than you'll be able to do manually ... I'll also add that if you're not familiar with Audyssey, it will set a system as the "mixer" intended which may not be what you personally are expecting to hear which is why it's best to review that whole Audyssey Guide to learn as much as you can about the process if you want to do right by your customers that are buying Audyssey featured AVRs). So to answer your question ... each of the Denon XX12 and XX13 model thread links in my sig have helpful information in the first 6 posts (ie. 1-6). If you click on those links, you'll be taken right to those threads.

Can't address the HAM radio or new wiring; however, she can take the Monster surge protector out of the mix and plug the AVR directly into the wall socket to see if the same "heartbeat" sound is heard. Otherwise, I would suggest you putting another AVR in it's place to see if you get the same results to determine if the 1613 must be replaced or not.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #5 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

I will read your audessey guide. The room is relatively small maybe 10x 12 with 4 seating locations... I just talked with a denon service technician and he hadn't heard of this issue before and only recommended a reset of AVR. .What about a power conditioner? I have always looked at these as not necessary when installig them but what do they really accomplish? I should already know the answer to this.
Thanks!
Rob
post #6 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
585-645-1006

It's not my Audyssey guide, rather a list of the most common 50+ asked questions in the Audyssey thread put together by one of the more frequent Audyssey posters. A conditioner is likely only really needed if there are big power surges and or RFI/EMI noise issues. I'd try to rule out the AVR as the cause and if not, then as suggested, try resetting the microprocessor, noting that doing so will also reset all settings to their factory level defaults and require running Audyssey again.

post #7 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

I just reviewed the Audessey setup guide. I needed a refresher on it, I took a training course offered from denon about 5 years ago ad had forgotten some of it. So I see where I screwed up, I actually took measurements from the seating locations instead of how the diagram showed. Thanks again for the heads up! When I go back over to my customers house I will redo the audessey setup and see how it sounds I have afeeling that its an electrical or dirty power issue and may just have to try the power conditioner.
Rob
post #8 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 AM
585-645-1006

The Audyssey Guides are likely to provide far more beneficial (and more practical) information than was learned in your earlier course, so be sure to review the Setup Guide and the FAQ/101 guide as well. Also, as long as you're going to redo Audyssey setup (noting that all 6 positions should be used with positions 2-6 simply being within a 2'-3' radius of the #1 position rather than where someone actually sits), you might as well reset the microprocessor as well.

post #9 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thats what I will do, and I will keep you posted on this issue for future problems.
Rob
post #10 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 PM
585-645-1006

Sure. Also feel free to post any setup/troubleshooting issues in the respective Denon AVR-XX12 and AVR-XX13 Owner's threads linked in my sig.

post #11 of 11 Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

hI i wanted to address this noise issue with the DENON amlifier that I had installed. once again it was a clicking sound that was even giving sound at muted volume levels. Well I followed through with the customer with installing a new relacedment amlifier same model I think AVR1613 and also installed a conditioner at the same time. Customer let me know that after a few days no issues were noticed so it was a bad reciever most likely.

Rob
Hilditch Fabrications
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page