Help me with my first surround set up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-03-2012, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello,
I have a new Sharp 70" 3D from Sams. I've never had a surround sound system. My room size is 15 x 32. My budget is $1,000. Well maybe up to $1,500. This is just for the receiver. My plan is to get the TV (done), get the receiver and then the speakers. My equipment: Comcast HD DVR, Xbox and I'm getting a ps3 so I can get the NFL Sunday ticket. I have a Bose 3 speaker setup on my computer that I got from Sams. I never new a computer could sound so good. I want that on a larger scale now for my TV. I think I want a 7.1 or 7.2 type of set up. Oh yeah if possible one with Sirius so I can jam Hair Nation time to time. Brands don't matter to me since I have no experience with any.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If you're going to be using two subs, one receiver that gets recommended a lot is the Onkyo TX-NR3009. The 3009 has Sub EQ HT, which helps you set up two subs. If you're only using one sub, then you should probably get the TX-NR818. Another great receiver with Sub EQ HT is the Denon AVR-4311CI. If you want be able to upgrade to 11.1 in the future, then get the 4311.

HD-A1 + XBOX Add-On + PS3 = Format Neutral
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page