Onkyo TX-NR709 replaced with TX-NR717 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-05-2012, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Onkyo TX-NR709 had a faulty HDMI board and Onkyo replaced it with the TX-NR717. How mad should I be and how accountable should I hold Onkyo? I'm losing a component input, an audio I/O and all the S-video functions. Mainly, I'm going from Audyssey MultiEQ XT to 2EQ. To me, that is unacceptable based solely on the 2EQ drop. I'm currently exploring my options and thinking about asking for a full refund and purchasing something else entirely. I'm also awaiting a call back to see what they will do on their end, hoping for the 818, but not holding my breath. What are anyone else's thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 400
I would be pissed about the drop from MultEQ XT down to 2EQ.

If they can't upgrade you to 818 can't they send you a NR709 from their outlet? they have them in stock.
https://www.shoponkyo.com/detail.cfm?productid=TX-NR709&modelid=60&group_id=1&detail=1&ext_war=1

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

They magically "found" some new stock of the 709s and are going to give me a prepaid shipping label to send back...which is fine, but I've been without my receiver (and therefore speakers etc.) for over 2 months now, which is longer than I had the original unit. Too bad they couldn't give me the 818 for the inconvenience.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUfanMG View Post

They magically "found" some new stock of the 709s and are going to give me a prepaid shipping label to send back...which is fine, but I've been without my receiver (and therefore speakers etc.) for over 2 months now, which is longer than I had the original unit. Too bad they couldn't give me the 818 for the inconvenience.

I have the same issue basically offered a refurbished 709 or a new 717 asked if I could pay the difference for a 818 told NO. I was thinking the 717 would be better until I read all of the posts on the Audyssey MultiEQ XT to 2EQ. How much difference is there really between the 2EQ and MultiEQ XT. Maybe I should just sell the 717 and get the 818?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr717 , Onkyo Tx Nr709
Gear in this thread - Nr709 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page