Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 302 Old 02-16-2014, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerchris33 View Post

Question to all you smart folks: I am duplicating my display from my windows pc. When I run it straight to my TV. Video is smooth. But of course I want to run it to the receiver so I can the surround sound. However, the problem is there is artifacting meaning like there is lines that run through videos and games during playback. It does not happen when I run the HDMI from my pc directly to my TV only when I run through the receiver do I see artifacting. Do you know why that is? Any suggestions on how I could fix this?

Sorry for the delay, I don't visit here much any more. A couple of suggestions: First, try using a different HDMI input on the AVR. If that doesn't do anything for you, maybe check your video mode setting. If it is set to "processing," some sort of interaction between the output signal of your PC and the processing the AVR is trying to do may result in artifacts. That setting is accessed via the Option button just above and to the right of the circular arrow controls on the remote. "Video Mode" is the last thing in the "Option" menu that pops up. If it is set on "Processing" try switching it to "Direct" and see if it solves your problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 302 Old 04-17-2014, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Zone 2 question.

Hi all. I'm wiring up a basement remodel. I'm planning on running speaker wires for a set of outside speakers to use on Zone 2. I'd like to have the Zone 2 music play upstairs in the family room as well. Can I use the "Zone 2 Out" jacks on the back of the receiver to run a set of cables upstairs to one of the inputs on my old Yamaha receiver to play the zone 2 audio up there? I'd like to run every thing I can before drywalling!

Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A720 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - A720 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page